Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Jan 29 2012, 03:05 AM

I planted 10 of each long term crop...also trees to have ready...am loving the quest
Old Jan 29 2012, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corn Farmer View Post
Just keep in mind that quests are different for different people - my first quest was "Bake 15x rhubarb pies in a facility" (needed rhubarb, wheat, and sugarcane, no more than 5 or 10 of each).

Second quest was "Produce 10x Hotdogs in a facility". 3x wheat, 10x tomatoes. But the kicker here was that ketchup was needed. First, who puts ketchup on hotdogs? Second, ketchup comes from a Food Preserves factory, which is a Farm Cash factory.
I put ketchup on my Hotdogs along with mustard onions and chili then topped with slaw...lol..lol.
Old Jan 29 2012, 03:30 AM

I finished my "quest farm" today. I have 9 of each tree used in factories (I hope I got them all), 16 of each flower used, cows, goats, sheep, llama, geese, turkeys, horses, chickens and rabbits. I have a lake with boat, river, small and large seacoast. I have a patch work farm with 8 plots each but looks like I need to increase to 10 on some of them.

I'm loving the quests. I'm on my third, none of them has completed as yet, all have been pretty involved with several steps which makes it more of a challenge.

(I also put ketchup on my hotdogs. )
Old Jan 29 2012, 05:47 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papi View Post
Devs - might this be an opportunity for a player option? "Only give me quests from my current facilities" which would return less reward per completed quest vs. "Give me quests that might include new (to me) facilities" with a greater reward for completion.
This has cost me some sleep, but I think I have a better idea.

When the user unlocks a quest, the screen now just says "Generate quest" or something to that effect.

What if there were options on that screen?

I can think of three possible options: low risk, low completion reward; medium risk, medium reward; high risk, high reward. The reward for the quest is locked in at quest generation.

"Low risk" means the quest will require only resources the user already owns.

"Medium risk" may require any resource available for purchase with coin.

"High risk" may include any resource, owned or unowned, coin or cash.

Please post opinions, criticism, etc.
Old Jan 29 2012, 06:20 AM

here in the Uk its normal if not compulsory to add ketchup to hotdogs..lol
Old Jan 29 2012, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papi View Post
This has cost me some sleep, but I think I have a better idea.

When the user unlocks a quest, the screen now just says "Generate quest" or something to that effect.

What if there were options on that screen?

I can think of three possible options: low risk, low completion reward; medium risk, medium reward; high risk, high reward. The reward for the quest is locked in at quest generation.

"Low risk" means the quest will require only resources the user already owns.

"Medium risk" may require any resource available for purchase with coin.

"High risk" may include any resource, owned or unowned, coin or cash.

Please post opinions, criticism, etc.
I've done four quests so far, and if I remember correctly each one of them has involved a farmcash facility one way or another.

My thinking is that on the 'redeem prize' screen there is a message saying that in the future 'the mayor might reward us with farm cash or ingredients ...
Perhaps the possible reward of farm cash is a reason for making the quests involve farm cash facilities.

I'm not sure what their thinking is, but I know it is disappointing for some who won't buy any farm cash items and it seems that they can't do any quests so far.

Maybe your idea would work, but I'm sure it's taken a heck of a lot of programming so far just to give us the quests that we have, so you may be asking for a very big task to add categories within the quests.

Old Jan 29 2012, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmgirl_Su View Post
here in the Uk its normal if not compulsory to add ketchup to hotdogs..lol
... and in Australia it's also compulsory to use 'Tomato Sauce' on our hot dogs. Our main problem is the the American version is getting a look in and now they are starting to call it ketchup

Old Jan 29 2012, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer Homer View Post
I finished my "quest farm" today. I have 9 of each tree used in factories (I hope I got them all), 16 of each flower used, cows, goats, sheep, llama, geese, turkeys, horses, chickens and rabbits. I have a lake with boat, river, small and large seacoast. I have a patch work farm with 8 plots each but looks like I need to increase to 10 on some of them.

I'm loving the quests. I'm on my third, none of them has completed as yet, all have been pretty involved with several steps which makes it more of a challenge.

(I also put ketchup on my hotdogs. )
Glad I read this...forgot about the flowers...Also increase crops to 10...doing one that required 10 wheat
Old Jan 29 2012, 07:54 AM

Default Thanks

Thanks Tony for putting all the discussions together. I am going to love the quest, just as soon as I get one I can complete. I am giving up and buying the facilities I need that are coin... No FC at this time.

But.... I like ketchup and mustard on my dogs!!!
Old Jan 29 2012, 09:31 AM

Personally I am finding quests to be a clever way to get us to spend FarmCash. If quests are "personalized", then why not let us use the facilities we already have? My first quest involved the dairy facility, easy enough, done. My second quest was to harvest green grapes and make champagne, fine. The third requires me to order from the semi, which is a FC item that I do not have. So oh well. Goodbye most quests!