Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 23 2009, 07:58 AM

Lightbulb

Although I was very quick with the new version (coins from 90 fields still counting after I had finished harvesting) I found that the sythe and the avatar got in my way so after much consideration am glad that you are reverting to the previous version. To my knowledge I never lost points or coins and I am level 60 with 2 farms and 2 second farms.

As for limiting hires, this should stay as it is. I find that the vast majority of farmers do not overhire and as real life interfers with game play sometimes people have to leave, or get booted, or just choose to leave so you may only end up with 1 anyway. Occasionally, I have hired 2 but only on a full farm with all crops. Both harvested and both plowed. If you don't want to be there - leave. Someone may be in a hurry and have only overhired just the once.

Not everyone has a new computer and/or great internet speed but this is life and as in real life you take your chances and work with what you have got.

If any change was to be made, I would like to see a "fire" button that can be activated only after a warning for whatever - lack of manners, hogging the job, random working, rude language...... Only wished I had one of these twice in 5 months.

Love the game and would not have left even if the new version had stayed.
Old Dec 23 2009, 08:00 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Send a message via MSN to CoDa

I honestly think it is better to revert to the system whereby you can click on a field far from you. Let the people who hire 15 people to harvest 20 plots be limited to the number of hires they can have or whatever.
Personally this has made harvesting some friends farms a nightmare!! Think how long it takes to harvest a full farm now. It took 5 minutes before...just harvest away... when you have your coins you can pop off. Now I have to wait to harvest each plot. It seems like a backward step to me!
Take the attached thumbnail.... my sons farm, where he is trying to create a jungle. Took me 10 minutes to harvest all his trees!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Aztec Camera.jpg (100.1 KB, 6 views)

Why oh why am I at 1 in here (310 for real)?
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 23 2009, 08:01 AM

Default When??

OK, l so I'm trying to harvest a neighbor this am using the "new" way and tearing my hair out waiting for poor avie to jump around - - when what happens????

The server connection times out.

So in addition to this horrible update, it takes so long to harvest, my session times out and I lose my connection to the farmer who hired me. The farmer now thinks I'm a deadbeat.

So WHEN is the old way coming back? Exactly? I'll set my alarm.

In the meantime, my crops will go bad and I'll lose points. But by golly, it'll be worth it.
Old Dec 23 2009, 08:04 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Limit harvester/plowers to 4 max based on farm size. It will reduce the wait on coins/exp catching up and make the game fun again. With more than 4 harvesters, it becomes a free for all.

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 23 2009, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrow moe™ View Post
And for the people who just can't keep up or go as fast as others, well, they either need to upgrade their 10 year old pcs, or get a faster internet speed than dial up, or just simply practice to learn to click faster & more accurately than the more experienced people.
MAYBE, you should remember that this is a game and that not all people in the world has the same opportunities regarding internetoptions....
And yes, there are people from ALL OVER the world playing the same game...
I still have problems, I have a brand new pc (1 week old-HAHAHA!) The best internetconnection and YES I am a pretty gooood player!!! Merry christmas!
Old Dec 23 2009, 08:09 AM

Smile Enjoy the Game

I was a little perturbed last night but after playing it for about an hour, I understood the changes. As long as I once in a field alone, it was actually easier to harvest/plow. The confusion came when a farmer would hire many to harvest/plow.

I can live with either way, but...I too would like to see a limit to the number that can be hired. I will often hire more than one because I might step away from my computer while my crops are being harvested. Hiring one farmer to do it, sometimes results in no one doing it because the farmer will quit or get kicked out. I try to never hire more than 2, 3 at the most on a really large field.

Since beginning the game, I have related the concepts to real life. Sometimes I get kicked out..(it started raining). The new changes..(the gov't just put more regulations on us to keep us from making too much money..it happens..its life). I adjust, adapt, and go on.

I love the game. My husband and I have been playing since late June 2009 and it is something that we enjoy together. I am so glad that we stumbled upon Farmtown. Thanks for all of your hard work. Please ignore those who are rude and call you names. (They're acting like Dems!)
Old Dec 23 2009, 08:09 AM

Default Avatar lag suggestion

I agree that the update slowed things down too much. Maybe it's just a matter of getting used to it and adjusting your plow/harvest strategy.

I'm not crazy about the idea of limiting hires to only one harvester and one plower. Yes, you get those annoying people who hire 8 workers for a tiny farm, but it's nice to have 2 or even 3 on a big farm.

Is there a way to eliminate "avatar lag" so the avatars aren't still wandering around long after the actual work is done? Maybe add a "done" button to push when you are ready to stop, that will take away your plow or harvest tool, change the fields over to look finished instead of having a stripe, and move the avatar to the center.
Old Dec 23 2009, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeggySue0514 View Post
I'm sad to learn that Farm Town is reverting back to the old way for harvesting. The change was one of the best I thought you had made. When I would harvest with the old way before it was so much slower to work and I was CONSTANTLY getting this error box in the middle of the screen and would often have to quit my jobs before I was finished. I would add almost every farmer I worked for as a "buddy" so I could go back and finish the job if I got booted because I hate not finishing my work. Not everyone has a real fast computer and the new way leveled the playing field as it were.

Today you revert back?? Too bad is all I can say! It's too bad that all the people (me included) that loved the new way didn't send the compliments because I'm thinking they would have outnumbered the people who wanted it changed back.
Yep. I agree, but unfortunately members tend to be VERY vocal when they don't like something and much more quiet when they do!
Old Dec 23 2009, 08:18 AM

So some people have time to earn 500,000 coins/7000xp in one sitting...are you serious?! Sorry, I don't...and certainly not with this latest upgrade!
Old Dec 23 2009, 08:20 AM
Account Not Linked

Unhappy Are you serious??

Until reverting back to the "old" version today (12/22) harvesting and plowing had been moving along rather well with the previous version. You could move fast, didn't have to wait for the farmer to walk to the next spot/field before you could harvest/plow and you could leave the farm and the plots would load. This saved alot of time. Today, I had to wait until my avatar got to the plot for it to highlight, although it did load immediately, then had to wait for my avatar to "walk" to the next field before I could "highlight" and harvest/plow there. Can't imagine how incredibly slow it would have been if I had to do the trees too. AND when plowing (my friends farm) it subtracted big time coins and xps (totalling around 400ish coins and 40ish xps) for a few of the plots before it settled down to adding properly to my coins and xps. How can people possibly think this (the older version) was better???? PLEASE go back to the version that was being used prior to today's mess.
Closed Thread