Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 31 2020, 11:28 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoiler1041 View Post
have same issue. flash allowed setting quality to low which helped some. Hope that option just isnt known yet.
Hi Spoiler,
That resolution setting was a Flash setting and not one included by Farm Town. It won't be available in HTML.

This may be a problem with older computers.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 31 2020, 11:41 PM

I have a problem with my tool box. I own all the combine harvest-plant and combine harvest-plow ex 5x5 (as seen in the storage where they are kept) however in the tool box It only shows up to combine 12x12 then the next item is the blanked out combine ex 6x6 all other combine tools are unavailable. I have also not been game to take it out of the storage to check if it might still work in case it just disappears. I have checked every other tool in the tool box that is available in the initial HTML5 version and they all seem to be available. However I am not sure how easy it will be for me to do any crop planting or harvesting given the main tools I use are not showing up.

Lara's Farm
Old Dec 31 2020, 11:44 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlgray View Post
OK, I tried it and it's pretty good, aside from the tiny type, as well as a few minor glitches, as can be expected. What I didn't anticipate is that HTML5 seems to put a lot more stress on my CPU (I'm using a 2013 MacBook Pro), and the fan starts running really fast after only a few minutes, which never happened with the Flash version. I know this is not a FarmTown problem, but I'm wondering if others are experiencing this, and if anyone has any useful thoughts about it. I tried it in both Chrome and Firebox, and the same thing happened.
Hi earlgrey,
One thing is the first time you load the html version it has to download all the graphics for everything so it takes longer and will put more stress on your Macbook processor. As it is an older laptop it may use more memory and processor with the higher graphics quality than newer computers.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 31 2020, 11:48 PM

It took me a very long time to even get the game loaded. It just sat there. Then when I loaded it, there were no facilities, no train, no ships...all of which I have out. The screen looked different as well.
Old Dec 31 2020, 11:51 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara View Post
I have a problem with my tool box. I own all the combine harvest-plant and combine harvest-plow ex 5x5 (as seen in the storage where they are kept) however in the tool box It only shows up to combine 12x12 then the next item is the blanked out combine ex 6x6 all other combine tools are unavailable. I have also not been game to take it out of the storage to check if it might still work in case it just disappears. I have checked every other tool in the tool box that is available in the initial HTML5 version and they all seem to be available. However I am not sure how easy it will be for me to do any crop planting or harvesting given the main tools I use are not showing up.
Hi Lara,
Do you own the 14x14 (yellow) and 16x16 (red) combines? Are they showing in the list? If you have them and they are not showing you may need to take them out on to a farm, then save and restart your farms and put them back.

The arrows only take the list to the top or bottom of the list. If you need something in the middle you need to hover over the list with mouse and use scroll button to move up and down.
Old Dec 31 2020, 11:53 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Spoiler,
That resolution setting was a Flash setting and not one included by Farm Town. It won't be available in HTML.

This may be a problem with older computers.
What I find extremely puzzling is that I had been led to believe that HTML5 would be less taxing on the CPU that Flash, not the other way around. For instance, on one web site comparing the two, I read "Processing power required to run HTML5 content is significantly lower as compared to the power required by Flash content." So is it in fact possible that it isn't HTML5 itself, but the way Farm Town has been coded in HTML5 (Unity?) that's causing my fan to go crazy? Not that there's anything that can be done about that, if it is the case, I suppose; I just like to understand. Frustrating.
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 31 2020, 11:54 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgsfarm View Post
It took me a very long time to even get the game loaded. It just sat there. Then when I loaded it, there were no facilities, no train, no ships...all of which I have out. The screen looked different as well.
Hi cgsfarms,
Check your preferences and see if you have the show items all checked. If that isn't it then try clearing your browser cache and reloading because it may be that all the graphics did not download.
Old Dec 31 2020, 11:57 PM

I clicked on the link to check out the new version and I get nothing. Just a green FT page showing coins and farm cash as 0123 and 99 in the toolbox and storage icons and the eye thingy. Nothing else.
In the flash version, I had 11 quests completed in the coop quest, just waiting for the other 2 to finish. They all disappeared before I had a chance to collect the 2 farm cash. Will they show up again?
Old Jan 01 2021, 12:00 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlgray View Post
What I find extremely puzzling is that I had been led to believe that HTML5 would be less taxing on the CPU that Flash, not the other way around. For instance, on one web site comparing the two, I read "Processing power required to run HTML5 content is significantly lower as compared to the power required by Flash content." So is it in fact possible that it isn't HTML5 itself, but the way Farm Town has been coded in HTML5 (Unity?) that's causing my fan to go crazy? Not that there's anything that can be done about that, if it is the case, I suppose; I just like to understand. Frustrating.
Hi Earlgrey,
Don't know the answer to that, but I do know the older a laptop gets the more dust collects inside making them run hotter which makes the fan have to work harder when it is doing a lot of processing. I worked as an IT tech for the many years before retiring.
Old Jan 01 2021, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Lara,
Do you own the 14x14 (yellow) and 16x16 (red) combines? Are they showing in the list? If you have them and they are not showing you may need to take them out on to a farm, then save and restart your farms and put them back.

The arrows only take the list to the top or bottom of the list. If you need something in the middle you need to hover over the list with mouse and use scroll button to move up and down.
Thanks Taz I will try this and let you know what happens. Everything else seems right. I noticed a lot of people are complaining it didn't load the HTML5 version from the link. Mine didn't initially just goes to a black screen with a symbol that does nothing so I just hit the games play button and it loads fine after that. I have tried it in Chrome and Edge so far

Lara's Farm
Closed Thread

Tags
black screen, web gl