Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Sep 11 2019, 09:02 AM
Account Not Linked

Default fuel in storage

Hi I have 848,744,926 fuel tanks in storage I go and fill up and it has I do not have any fuel? what seems to be the problem? thanks in advance
Old Sep 11 2019, 09:20 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lgailey View Post
I ask a question about Fuel Usage about a week ago, well there is something that has changed over the past month or so or there is an issue...I just refilled my Fuel, I only got 879,586, but lets just say that's normal, but before I was getting over 2,000,000 when I refilled. I just did 2 Farms, Harvest, Plow and Planted. They are 46x46, 9x, each Farm took 52,488 of Fuel... Are you telling me this is normal amount needed to do each Farm??? If so, then I can do 16 Farms, and nothing else and be out of fuel again???
Again Thanks for your help and support on this

Leonard
Hi Leonard,

I have moved your post to the thread about tools and fuel.

The more fields and items you have on a farm the more fuel you are going to use. What might have been enough for you a long time ago is no longer the case. When you get more farms and add more to those farms you need to get more fuel to supply that demand.

What's happened is at one point you were making and getting more fuel then you were using at the time so your fuel supply was not getting used up very quickly and that meant that what you were making and storing had a long time to build up in amounts. That meant when you ran out, you initially had a considerable amount of fuel tanks in storage which gave you a lot of fuel. Now, over time, you have added more farms and more items to those farms so you are using a lot more fuel much much faster.

Fuel usage just for fields:
  • If you use the combine harvest-plow it costs you one fuel per field for the harvesting, the plowing does not use fuel.
  • If you use the combine harvest-plant you are using 2 per field, one for harvesting and one for planting. Plowing does not use fuel.

So using what you say you are, per farm, is not at all unusual for a 9x9 stacked 46x46 farm. If you add any more to your farms you will need to use more fuel than that.

Example: if you had 26,244 fields on a farm and you used the combine harvest-plant you would use 52,488 fuel on just the fields.

The bulk of the fuel is calculated from how many fuel tanks you have in storage and in your gift box at the time you refuel. You get 300 per tank plus a bit extra for additional factors.

Examples:
  • If you have 2800 fuel tanks in storage when you refuel you would get at least 840,000 fuel.
    (300 x 2800 = 840,000)
  • If the next time your refuel you only have 2000 fuel tanks in storage you would only get a little over 600,000 fuel. (300 x 2000 = 600,000)

When you refuel those fuel tanks get removed from your gift box and your storage and you have to build it back up again before you run out. You are using a lot more fuel much faster than you used to so you now have less time to get more fuel tanks before you run out. What you need to do is get a lot more fuel tanks into your storage and try and reduce the amount of fuel you are using until you can get enough fuel to do all the work on your farms. How you chose to do that is up to you.

I explained what you could do to reduce the amount of fuel you are using in the reply to your last post about this. If you need to read that again, here's the link:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthr...30#post6315130
Old Sep 11 2019, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nettie1212 View Post
Hi I have 848,744,926 fuel tanks in storage I go and fill up and it has I do not have any fuel? what seems to be the problem? thanks in advance
Hi nettie1212,

To take a look at this for you we need a link to your farm please. The auto link button at the top is out of order. Please link manually. Going to your farm and copying the address does not work as that is a generic link that takes us to our own farms.
Instructions, if you need them can be found........
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=590390
When you have done that please provide the link in your post.

Thank you
Old Sep 11 2019, 04:07 PM

Default How long does it take to get a reply?

I sent a help request on September 3rd, 2019 where I bought the wrong tool instead of the one I wanted. I haven't received any reply one way or another if there is a solution to my help request. How long does it usually take to get a reply?
Old Sep 11 2019, 04:34 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesdiva View Post
I sent a help request on September 3rd, 2019 where I bought the wrong tool instead of the one I wanted. I haven't received any reply one way or another if there is a solution to my help request. How long does it usually take to get a reply?
Hi Flamesdiva,
Did you get the automatic response email shortly after you sent the ticket to Support? If not please check your spam folder in your email to see if it is there.
I have looked at your data and do not see any tools purchased on September 3rd. The last time I see you purchased tools was on August 31st and that was the Harvester EX (9x9), the Combine Harvest-Plow EX (9x9), and the Seeder EX (9x9).
If you are thinking you bought the Combine Harvest-Plant EX (9x9), you would not be able to buy that without buying the Seeder first.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Sep 12 2019, 06:55 AM

I didn't receive any automated reply and yes I always check my spam folder several times a day before I delete anything from it. Ok...so I need the seeder EX 9x9 before I can purchase the combine harvest-plow-plant EX 9x9, but do I also need the Harvester EX 9x9 before I bought the combine harvest-plow EX 9x9?
Old Sep 12 2019, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesdiva View Post
I didn't receive any automated reply and yes I always check my spam folder several times a day before I delete anything from it. Ok...so I need the seeder EX 9x9 before I can purchase the combine harvest-plow-plant EX 9x9, but do I also need the Harvester EX 9x9 before I bought the combine harvest-plow EX 9x9?
Hi flamediva,

You already own the Harvester Ex (9 x 9) and the Combine Harvest-Plow Ex (9x9).

Now you have bought the Seeder Ex (9 x 9) you have all the EX (9x9) tools needed to let you by the Combine Harvest-Plant Ex (9x9) if that's the tool you want to buy now.
Old Sep 14 2019, 09:48 PM

Default Green Irrigation Tool & Red Manure Spreader

I am a super neighbor and I am not able to use these two tools on my neighbors farms. I have tried pulling them out of storage and putting them back in and that did not work.
Old Sep 14 2019, 09:50 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlsjmr View Post
I am a super neighbor and I am not able to use these two tools on my neighbors farms. I have tried pulling them out of storage and putting them back in and that did not work.
Hi Rlsjmr,
I moved your post to the subject thread about tools. You can not use your own sprinkler or manure spreader on someone else's farms. They must own those tools for you to be able to use them on their farms.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Sep 14 2019, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Rlsjmr,
I moved your post to the subject thread about tools. You can not use your own sprinkler or manure spreader on someone else's farms. They must own those tools for you to be able to use them on their farms.
Thank you.

Tags
clearing fields, fertilize, fuel, gifting machines, harvest all button, harvest/plow/sow, lost fuel, manure, manure collector tool, manure spreader, mobile tower lookout, multiplanter, purple hand, refuel, tools, tools missing, tools missing when hired, tools not working