Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 23 2009, 03:58 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

i dislike the new way to harvest and plow it is soooo slow i hate to harvest and plow now it used to be fun just some rude people....i really appreciate the hard work that goes into a game like this and totally love the garme

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 23 2009, 04:00 AM
Account Not Linked

Talking Newest Harvesting/Plowing update (GOOD NEWS!!)

"Hello Farmers! In order to minimize lost XP/coins we did some changes to the way the game works when you are hired, but we are restoring the old version sometime today due to popular demand. Thanks."

New message when logged into the game states that the reason for the change was due to lost XP/coins...? Really?

It's not hard to notice that if your coins and XP points are still going up in numbers and accumulating over your avatar's head, don't leave the current farm you're on, or those earned points may not save.
(hitting the "save" button that looks like a small old-school floppy disc may also be a good idea once in awhile, kiddies!)

If you don't realize that, then, uh... oh well. heh
Old Dec 23 2009, 04:00 AM

Default new levels

will there be new any more new levels in near future, i am so addicted to this game, its brilliant

thx ma larkin
merry xmas and a very happy new year to everyone xx
Old Dec 23 2009, 04:02 AM
Account Not Linked

Talking Newest Harvesting/Plowing update (GOOD NEWS!!)

Here's my farm, by the way:

Winter Wonderland

Just made level 50, and dig this game, and am ELATED that it's going back to the way it was... YAY!!
Old Dec 23 2009, 04:08 AM
Account Not Linked

what's the point of the option "NOT FOLLOW THE AVATAR" when now is doing exactly that

I thought my PC slow, but turn out u guys changes to slow. It's so ANNOYING to wait til the avatar to come closer to be able to plow while before we just click according to our own speed, more fun to compete that way and get it done fast and leave. and the point counting on its owns...i dont see how u can loose it.
Also "collision" with other's work doesnt happen much bcos "first come first serve" so if u late, u'll lose that field to harvest or plow. simple.

this is sux.....big time! and only work for those that are S.L.O.W
Old Dec 23 2009, 04:10 AM

Thanks for working hard to make the best farm game even better. FarmTown is the only computer game that I play these days.

I took the new version out for a test drive for several hours at the Market, hired neighbors/was hired by neighbors as well.

This latest version is great for multiple-hire situations from the Market because it returns Finesse, Skill and Thoughtful Planning back into the game. Those quick on the uptake will learn that shotgunning mouse-clicks across a field are pointless.

However, these same changes make working in friendlier conditions with Neighbors and Buddies quite arduous, time-consuming, and probably quite discouraging for many players.

My day of testing resulted in considerably more hand fatigue than a string of all-nighters of prior farming. And to my dismay, I had great difficulty staying ahead of a Big Seeder while I was Plowing two 24x24 full-crop fields--such sluggishness as an experienced farmer has never happened to me before.

One suggestion could be to make the new version the one used for jobs hired at The Market to tame down the shotgun hogs/mouse tracker users --and use the prior version for hiring directly from one's farm/neighbor's farm... or make either version selectable by the hiring player.

I normally am a go-along-with-the-flow kinda guy. But if I had to choose between one or the other, I would have to choose using the "old" version prior to the Dec. 22nd version, despite the fact that it made multiple-hire jobs from the Market more of a finesse game.

Keep up the good work. Thanks!
Old Dec 23 2009, 04:14 AM
Account Not Linked

It's great that something is (was) being done to address the issues, but as discussed above there is still obviously a huge problem for people like me who only hire one person to work their farm. There's really no excuse for not getting XPs and cash when you're not "competing" with anyone, and this has happened to me more times thanI can count.
Old Dec 23 2009, 04:16 AM

Send a message via AIM to kensfreedom Send a message via Yahoo to kensfreedom

I have been playing this game for a long time now (level 60, over 440,000 XP) and have seen many upgrades. Personally after trying several hiring schemes over time, I have found for me it works best to hire one person at a time and give them all the work I have at the moment. Harvesting and plowing. I have observed that 99% of the time everyone I have hired to work the whole farm is happy to make the maximum amount of coins that can be made from completing the job. Rarely have I run across people that do not have time to do the whole farm. When I used to hire multiple people so that the job would get finished faster it resulted in people arguing over work, people quitting and having to hire more. Ultimately it takes more time to get a job done then hiring only one person. For a while I refused to hire anyone from the market and only did my own work or higher neighbors. I lost too many coins by doing it myself. I would like to see the ability to allow a single worker to harvest or plow multiple fields like we can when we do our own work. This would speed up the work. As it only takes a couple min to cover a large farm 32x32 plots is 1024 plots on a farm with nothing else. When allowed to harvest or plow 4 plots with every click you only have a maximum of 256 mouse clicks to harvest the largest farms. Results in very little time to get a farm harvested and plowed. By allowing only one person to be hired at a time will result in more work being available at the MP. By allowing that one person to work multiple plots with each mouse click results in more productive work.
I also rarely accept job offers at the MP because it is too much of a hassle to work a farm with several others for very limited pay.
Thank you for reading and considering my post.
Old Dec 23 2009, 04:35 AM
Account Not Linked

i love this game the only things i see as not functioning right were the coins and xp points..if this issue could be resolved using the old way it would be nice
the other issues i see r people using cheat codes or cheat engines ..to get harvest/plow points...and yes people do over hire to the point where u cannot even work on a farm and i think that should stop it puts an unnecessary burden on the farm and things move to slow..so i think a limit is a good idea.. when it was the old way i got plow points and coins as soon as i clicked on the squares the only problem was the counter keeping up and at times the suggestions given to retrieve those points or coins didnot work even totally getting off the game and coming back didnot work..now i appreciate all thats been done by all the hard working people that make this game work for us and whether u realize it or not it is relaxing aplace to go to have good clean fun and social time with folks which in turn helps our over all well being..u also help people with severe arthritis --carpal tunnel etc. so u have also been thoughful enough to help out others with physical limits and well u should be proud.if the few things get rresolved it will be a finer game after all our job as testers is to tell you of the issues so that you can make this a better game which it deserves to be and you then have the opportunity to fix and resolve the issues in the game. the devs sure are a tough bunch of people to put up with all the complaints and keep at fixing the game ...you really r appreciated even though it does not appear as such...so to all of u have a wonderful holiday.
Old Dec 23 2009, 04:48 AM

Exclamation layering/with new version!

LOL you cant switch it back fast enough!! the way that it is now is like the original way we harvested and plowed,,, grrr for the people that layer u will be shocked when you go to ur farms, lol i am one of them,,, No PLOWING!!! no rehire
Closed Thread