Go Back   Farm Town > Social Forums > Farm Town Social

Old Oct 08 2022, 05:51 AM

Default Thought to keep us engaged, yet not playing currently

Hi everyone! Since this is the social area, I thought it would be ok to post this type of thought/question here.

Mods - please delete my post if I am wrong so it doesn't get responses and such... I certainly don't want to make things worse!

One thought I had and have been doing:
Even though I have played since April 2009 (almost daily, except vacations and such), I thought it would be interesting to read through the entire Game Guide that is available. You never know if there is some area of FT perhaps that was missed or you wanted clarification on

I'm at Chapter12 I think - it's a lot of stuff!! This game is so diverse, and I love the fact that the developers create an update EVERY single month!! What game does that? My hubby is a huge gamer, and I have never seen his games updated that frequently to keep the players engaged.

Does anyone else have thoughts on what they have been doing to pass the time in a positive way? I suppose besides chores and the 'non-fun' stuff . What type of relaxing things do you do while we wait? After all, I am sure for most of us, FT is relaxing and fun (though hey! sometimes it feels like a job! ) - so I wanted to focus on those items. I am particularly curious for any thoughts that are specifically FT related that you have found a way to use the time (such as reading the game guide like I am doing).
Old Oct 08 2022, 10:01 AM

I'm 71 & have limited mobility. I haven't known what to do with myself these past several days. I'm depressed; so I completely updated my checking account. Wow, was I behind! Then with several breaks, I cleaned all of the outsides of my kitchen cabinets. I keep getting grumpy so I've actually gone back to my writing. Maybe I'll even enter contests again. I won one once. It's still too hot here in Houston to go out, so that's out. I sure hope the game is back soon. Hugs to all of y'all!
Old Oct 08 2022, 12:15 PM

I have played for 12 years and Farmtown is the only game that I love because it is so versatile and has no "life limits". Please bring the game back sooooooon!
Old Oct 10 2022, 04:03 PM

Hi! I started playing Farm Town in 2009. It's my favorite game on facebook. It never gets old. There is always something fun to do. If I want to take a break from ships or quests, I can. Plus, I also like that there aren't 'lives' or 'energy' that you have to have to play. I like that it is also quick. Accepting/sending gifts, bonuses, ingredients takes no time, at all. Also, sending trains/ships is quick. I have to click for each container on the ships, but that doesn't take that much time. So, waiting patiently for my favorite game to return.

Playing Farm Town since May 12, 2009!
Old Oct 10 2022, 07:25 PM

I have been farming since 2009 extreemly love this game hope you can get it back. I am 70 years old and have plenty of neighbors some are handy cap and rely on this game to help them through the day. love this game
Old Oct 10 2022, 07:45 PM

I wish the people at Facebook could see these posts. Their unnecessary action (deactivation) and then lack of action has negatively affected numerous lives. They ought to be ashamed.

Denise

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...3003&farm_ix=0
Old Oct 11 2022, 02:57 PM

I started playing Farmtown in 2009. I've deleted three FB accounts after reaching top level and each time had to start from the beginning with each new account. I started playing again this year and finally reached top level just a few days before it went down. I miss it so much. I am doing more things around the house and am knitting more but none of it can replace the fun and relaxation i achieve when working on my farm and others as well. I do hope it returns.
Old Oct 11 2022, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R & S Wroten Farms View Post
I have been farming since 2009 extreemly love this game hope you can get it back. I am 70 years old and have plenty of neighbors some are handy cap and rely on this game to help them through the day. love this game
Glad everything worked out glad the games are back thank you
Old Oct 18 2022, 08:48 PM

I started FT in 2009; left in 2018; came back earlier this year.

What I did when FB took the game away: I tried several new games. I am still playing one, even though I do not like it (dragon battles are not for me!)

I looked for games outside of FB. I learned that a once fav game source, Puzzability no longer offers daily games. Played some Spider Solitaire. I used to play that a lot, but Windows 10 took away my games, and I do not like playing online.

And I spent hours cleaning up my Facebook ~ removed tags, deleted photos, deleted old comments, old posts. They show when I removed friends. Ha, so many games, so many game friends ~ it was fun when I got back to 2018 to see and remember my old FT neighbors.

Truly I was preparing to leave Facebook if they took away FT for good. I joined FB in 2007. I started FB games when my relatives started showing up. Most of them no longer play games.

I might have done a few neglected household chores. Ever since COVID I became housebound. I read a lot, but first thing in the morning I prefer Farm Town.
Old Oct 18 2022, 09:17 PM

Since I know that you have sent me the message I will reply next time I do not give my email address out too often thanks