Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > Suggestions

Old Nov 26 2022, 08:20 AM

Could a restriction on posting facilities be placed - once every 12 hours or so?
I have 2 neighbours who post every 3 to 4 hours and push everyone else out.
Old Dec 02 2022, 06:28 AM

Default What about stopping some releases for a bit? (though see notes to clarify!)

Hi everyone,
I had a suggestion that I couldn't figure out where it would go - so please move as needed).

Please know immediately - this is NOT a complaint... only a suggestion/thought:

What about the developers not releasing new facilities, new farm upgrades/expansions, new crops, etc for a year or so (or however long it takes to develop the new version of the game through our emails)?

Only have the releases focusing on bugs, server improvements, or stuff like that? Things that impact the game as it currently stands.

I think most of us (though probably not all - since there are always complainers) wouldn't mind not having a farm expansion or new facility for a while if we know the developers time is being fully spent on a new platform and/or any bug fixes for the current game.

I love that there is always something 'new' to have/do each month - BUT, I think many of us would be happy to lose that for a while if we knew it was because the focus is on the new website/platform 99% of the time the developers have.
Oh - PS - I would recommend a clear indication in the next release to explain why there wouldn't be new facilities, etc. Just say, "Hey - we are working on the new website/platform full time instead"
Thank you for any consideration to this suggestion.
Old Dec 02 2022, 09:28 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

When FB “deactivates” Farm Town, it would be nice if the developers would/could put the game on “pause” during a deactivation so that we don’t lose our crops, trains, cargo ships & Farm Passes…it sucks to have to start things all over again (especially the cargo ships that take hours to load when you have to start at the beginning)…

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 04 2022, 02:00 PM

OK, this is how I see the problem: the API that facebook have disabled is responsible for loading the unity engine. This is probably on sk servers, not on fb ones, and is just a few JSon commands away, but relies on the apps.facebook link. Facebook won't take valuable server space to host this, so it's simply a few commands to call it into their frame interface.
What happens if sk set up a single line post command for the browser to start unity without the Facebook frame? Once unity is running, it pulls all the data required, mostly from sk servers, to run the game! The only issue is the farm I'd, which can easily be linked via an email login, as we have all now supplied that info. I don't know whether the Facebook passwords are stored on the sk servers, but I am sure that 95% of our game info is!
So the task is simple: set up a login screen to mimic fb, using supplied emails, set up the relevant JSon commands in a link to fire up unity. Then we can enjoy our game again!
This may be over simplified, but sound logic and not that difficult to activate! Please, try it!
Old Dec 08 2022, 11:11 AM

Default Suggestion for when Facebook finally reinstates FarmTown

All

Before you relaunch FarmTown on Facebook, why not determine the number of days, hours and minutes the game has been offline and add that number to ALL the start times in your database. This should allow the users to start again right where they left off.

Tom Moulder
Old Dec 08 2022, 07:47 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to leighwj1960

I have played numerous other online games that compensate the player when the game is down for maintenance or other issues. That is something that the developers should definitely consider, maybe 1 FC per every day down at the very least
Old Dec 13 2022, 10:39 PM

More Sour Cream, Please
(more Yeast too)
Old Dec 13 2022, 10:43 PM

If we are attached to Facebook
Maybe a program which puts a hold on all clocks at the time FB deactivates the game

I like the Train clock the best
Wish it would be used in collecting the money from Quest and Co Quest.
Old Dec 14 2022, 12:57 PM

Default Recipes in German Restaurant

Hi,
I am german an often wondered why "pike dumplings" are one of the dishes the german restaurant produces. I never saw it on a german menu and I lived in different regions of Germany for many years. I think it is actually a swedish recipe, not a german one.

There are many more typical german dishes you can choose: (outside link removed)

Please remove the pike dumplings from the german restaurant.

Regards, Ursula

Last edited by Taz D; Dec 14 2022 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Outside links are not allowed
Old Dec 15 2022, 08:58 PM

in farm stats, there are 3 sort options, alpha, quant and car. i would like to see a waste crop sort so the crop that is first to waste is on the top left corner. the current options show within an hour but if i am near deadline, i would like to harvest those which are about to waste. as is now, it is a guessing game of which to harvest.