Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaraelwart View Post
Merry Christmas to all.

Thanks Devs for the ships. Not complaining here, but just registering a problem I have with them. I am regularly getting a notification on my toolbox that there are ships waiting in my port, click the Seaport Manager and it says there are no ships waiting!

Also, a friend messaged me yesterday asking me to send her ship on, I went to do it and it was not in my port. I told her this and she then messaged me back and said that according to her log, I had sent it on!

I understand there will be glitches, but guess the devs need to know of them to be able to sort them.

I realise it is holidays and certainly do NOT expect things to get sorted at the moment
to my understanding, this happens when you don't have that person as a neighbor but they have you as one.. the game recognizes this and the ship will get worked just by you opening the Seaport Manager.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 25 2016, 05:59 AM

My first ship is still on the first port. About 43 hours now. Messaged my neighbor about 5 hours into it, he read it a minute later, nothing. My second ship went through the first 4 ports in about 5 hours but has been hung up on port 5 for 13 hours now. I don't see any of my ships getting through 10 ports never mind 30. I'm going to send out one more today then I'll wait on a fix until I do any more. As it is now it's not worth the aggravation of staying on top of preparing ships only to have it hit a port of someone that isn't interested in the ships.Great concept but needs a lot of tweaking.
Old Dec 25 2016, 07:09 AM

This has already been reported but just for additional data, I also am having to wait 26 hours between starting ships. I started my second one around 7am yesterday - just tried to start the third one and got a message that I need to wait an hour.

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Dec 25 2016, 07:21 AM

MERRY CHRISTMAS to our forum moderators! They do it out the kindness of their hearts and are not members of the Slashkey staff. Remember that when posting to the forum about glitches that occur once in a while.

Friends don't let friends boot from hard drives! A real friend would recommend an SSD. Or better yet NVME.
Old Dec 25 2016, 07:38 AM

Default Cargo Ship Dispatched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Dirt View Post
My first ship is still on the first port. About 43 hours now. Messaged my neighbor about 5 hours into it, he read it a minute later, nothing. My second ship went through the first 4 ports in about 5 hours but has been hung up on port 5 for 13 hours now. I don't see any of my ships getting through 10 ports never mind 30. I'm going to send out one more today then I'll wait on a fix until I do any more. As it is now it's not worth the aggravation of staying on top of preparing ships only to have it hit a port of someone that isn't interested in the ships.Great concept but needs a lot of tweaking.
I agree with you, it is not worth the coins I paid for the 7 ships plus the fuel lost to load them. My first ship is still on dock #1 after 23 hours.
Old Dec 25 2016, 08:04 AM

When I click on a ship that has already been dispatched to check on it's progress I get the pop up about only being able to prepare one ship every 24 hours. Can this be limited to only pop up when clicking on a ship that has not been dispatched?
Old Dec 25 2016, 08:28 AM

Default Ports?

I am very confused about these ships. What is a Port? How do we know what ports we have? I have few neighbors and many of them are inactive, so I don't think this would pay off. There should be a way that ships are only sent to active players.

Last edited by Auntie Al; Dec 25 2016 at 08:46 AM.
Old Dec 25 2016, 09:20 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by al_bundy View Post
how do u access the ship manager?
Hi Al,
If you are talking about to load others ships, open your tool box. it is in the far left column above the facility manager. (My ship is waiting at your port)
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 25 2016, 09:30 AM
Account Not Linked

Default Moving on ships.

I think we should get an option to move on the ships from a Port if we stuck there for to long and when our neighbours are on holidays. That way we don't get nothing when we get stuck at Port 2 for more than two days.
Old Dec 25 2016, 09:32 AM

Thank you for the new cargo ships. As we all go through this growing pains of a new tool we all can get a bit ugly with our complaints. I know that you will be working out the kinks these first few weeks and we all need to be patient.
It is an interesting concept to get more community involvement however those of us who want instant gratification (myself included) are becoming a bit frustrated. We need to take into consideration that people live in different time zones, have jobs and actually sleep. Yes, my ships are stuck and it makes me sad however that is the nature of the beast. Our ships have 7 days before they are sent home. I am willing to wait it out and see the return. My expectation is not the 100% max on every voyage. Not everyone plays as much as I do or is online every time I am. A maximum of 12 hrs per port is not unreasonable or even 24. Or perhaps, 1 skip per voyage. Opting in is a great idea as well. Those that don't want to participate won't hinder those of us that do. I have also seen the "what do I get for helping someone's ship?" I am happy to help someone for no reward. Knowing I can lend a hand is good enough for me. That is what being part of a community is all about. It is letting my neighbors know they can count on me whenever they need a helping hand. In turn, hopefully they or someone else will be there for me when I am in need. I would however like to be able to send a thank you gift to those who help me out.
On a plus note, I am using this as a good time to clean out my neighbor list. I am not deleting anyone who is not an overly active participant such as myself. I am using this port list to see who is still playing at all. If they have not been on for the past 6 months then they will have to go.

Thanks again and Happy Holidays!
Closed Thread