Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Mar 06 2017, 06:54 PM

Default New Release -- March 6th, 2017

See Known Issues, More Information and Post Release Updates at the end of this post. Last changes released on March 16th, 8:15PM.

Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game with the following new features and bug fixes: EN ESPAÑOL AQUI

1. 8 St. Patrick items: 1 as gift, 5 in the top of the St Patricks category in the Store and 2 at the bottom.

2. 25 New Levels: 13 Buildings, 9 Farm Decors, 3 Motion items and 2 more in the Other category in the Store. Highest level is now 825.

3. Last 5 expansions for Farm 32: See prices below:

34x34 - 20500000000 coins or 30 FarmCash
36x36 - 21000000000 coins or 30 FarmCash
38x38 - 21500000000 coins or 30 FarmCash
40x40 - 22000000000 coins or 30 FarmCash
42x42 - 22500000000 coins or 30 FarmCash

4. Crop tools 5 x 5 with extended mode support (FC): This new set of crop tools will work all fields in a squared area the size of 5x5 fields using the new faster method of farming, only highlighting a fixed squared section of the farm.

The main benefit of these tools is for working up to 400 partially overlapped fields at once. Overlapping fields is still not officially supported but if you do it on your farms or work on other players farms that do overlap fields, these new set of tools will enable a much faster farming, very similar to the experience of using the Tree Shaker 20x20 to harvest up to 400 trees, or when using the Fishing Turbo Boat 20 x 20 to harvest up to 400 overlapped water items in a squared area the size of 5x5 fields.

Notice these tools only work on items that are already present on the farm, that's why there are only 4 of them:

Seeder Ex 5x5
Harvester Ex 5x5
Combine Harvest-Plow Ex 5x5
Combine Harvest-Plant Ex 5x5

The Plower Ex 5x5 with extended mode support is not part of this release.

The price will be 50 FC for each tool. In the next few moths we plan to continue improving the performance of these tools.

Also, when these tools works in extended mode they work on an area of 5x5 fields, but when you disable the extended mode, they will start working on an area of 16x16 fields and will behave in the exact same way as the current crop tools 16x16 that we already have in the game.

5. Ships Improvements released in the past 3 weeks:

a) For dispatched ships, the Ship Logbook tab is highlighting in pink the disabled neighbour ports. These will be ports that were disabled after the ship was dispatched.
b) When someone load your ship, if the next port in the itinerary is disabled, the ship will automatically skip that port and move to the next port in the itinerary that is currently enabled for ships
c) You can now work your ships while visiting other players farms and perform all operations on them as if you were on your own farm, prepare containers, dispatch, etc. For this just use your Seaport Manager as usual, and open any ships you like to work on. When you open your ships from the Seaport Manager those will always be your ships. When you open a ship located on another player farm, then you will see the information of that player ship.
d) The Ship Manager will not allow to start preparation for containers if there is not enough time for the container to complete it's preparation in the 24 hours available to prepare the ship.
e) When a container finishes preparation we will alert you with a message box so you can go and start preparing another or dispatch the ship without losing much time.
f) When a ship is Dispatched, you can now go to the help of each container (? sign) in the Ship Manager to check how many of each products are currently loaded in the container, just mouse over the product images.
g) There is a Closed Eye in the Seaport Manager that will allow you to hide those ships that you don't want to see in the Seaport Manager, ex: ships that you have sold, added to storage or are using as a decoration.
h) We have increased the rewards for working others ships in the Seaport Manager. Instead of 500 coins per container, the amount of coins will depend on the user level, going from 500 coins up to 2500 coins per container.

6. Ships Improvements:

a) If you remove a neighbour that is part of your itinerary, from that point on we will show it's name as "Deleted" and will show the correct picture instead of the generic silhouette.
b) Show real facebook names in a tooltip when mouse over user photos in Cooperative Quests, Neighborhood Chains Contest, Ships and Neighbour Bar screens. This will help people identify better their neighbours.
c) We have removed the capability of ships to become transparent when dispatched. It was working only when ships were dispatched from the farm that they were located, but since the introduction of the 'My Ships' tab in the Seaport Manager, you can dispatch any ship from any farm and therefore the transparency on ships would not work as expected. Fixing this will require a considerable amount of changes and since the 'My Ships' tab already provide a comprehensive status for all your ships in one place, we decided to remove the transparency feature instead.

7. Western Supplies Factory (FC): Produces Western Supplies.

Stirrups
Saddle Bag
Bandanna
Western Boots
Womens Fringe Jacket
Womens Wallet
Belt Buckle
Boot Polish

8. Bar Supplies Factory (Coins): Produces Bar Supplies.

Cocktail Shaker
Wine Opener
Liquor Pourer
Spill Mat
Beer Keg
Martini Glass
Cocktail Sticks
Blender

9. Cowboy Shop (FC): Provides Western Wear Retail Services and can be stocked with products from the Western Supplies Factory.

10. Bar Supplies Shop (Coins): Provides Bar Supplies Retail Services and can be stocked with products from the Bar Supplies Factory.

Enjoy!

--Raul

Post-Release Updates - March 8th, 4:50PM

- Bugfix: The images of the new facilities appeared wrong when asking for help, also there were issues when asking for help from the 2 new service facilities.
- Released the Crop tools 5 x 5 with extended mode support
- Released ships improvements a) and c) in the item #6 above in the main post.

Post-Release Updates - March 8th, 7:35PM

- Bugfix: We introduced a bug with the latest fix for the facility posting that is causing issues with other facilities. Please reload the game for this fix to take affect. Also, the posts that were already made will not work, the fix will only correct new posts from this point on.

Post-Release Updates - March 9th, 9:20AM

- BugFix: Some players were experiencing XLINK errors when visiting other players farms, including (but not limited to) when trying to work their facilities.

Post-Release Updates - March 10th, 9:30PM

Bugfix: When using the new crop 5x5 extended mode tools, as an employee/super-neighbour, the recently worked fields do not completely disappear from the farm.
Bugfix: Pictures not showing for non neighbours in the Seaport Manager
Bugfix: Hidden ships in the Seaport Manager showing again after a while
Bugfix: Occasionally, all containers were shown in pink when dispatching ships

Post-Release Updates - March 11th, 6:00PM

- Bugfix: Recently harvested items are reappearing even with the eye closed when using the harvester tools in regular, non-extended mode.

Post-Release Updates - March 15th, 5:00PM

- Released 25 new levels. Notice that the amount of XP points to reach each level higher than 800 have been increased compared to the usual previous increases.
- Released ship improvement b) in the item #6 above in the main post
- The smaller harvesters (non extended mode tools) were not highlighting the targeted fields correctly, sometimes it was highlighting fields that were not in the correct squared area for the tool
- Bugfix: Fixed issues when navigating to other players farms from the Seaport Manager.

Post-Release Updates - March 16th, 8:15PM

-BugFix: Missing navigation bar in the Cooperative Quest screen.

Known Issues:

- None

Last edited by Raul; Mar 16 2017 at 07:25 PM.
Old Mar 06 2017, 06:58 PM

thanks....love you guys.....
Old Mar 06 2017, 07:05 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Thanks very much Raul and development team

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Mar 06 2017, 07:08 PM
Account Not Linked

thanks a million
Old Mar 06 2017, 07:17 PM
Senior Moderator

Thanks Raul!
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 06 2017, 07:23 PM

Thanks again ! You all keep this game interesting , always something new to try out !
Old Mar 06 2017, 07:41 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to beverduster

the realtor wont let me get the expnsions, it says i have gottin all of them, but my fm 32is still 32x
Old Mar 06 2017, 07:48 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by beverduster View Post
the realtor wont let me get the expnsions, it says i have gottin all of them, but my fm 32is still 32x
Hi beverduster,
Please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and try again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 06 2017, 07:54 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to beverduster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi beverduster,
Please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and try again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

thanks taz, its workin now,
Old Mar 06 2017, 08:24 PM

Thanks for the update, always nice to get shiny new toys
Closed Thread