Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Nov 03 2009, 12:48 PM

The whole aspect of farmtown is to promote social interaction. This is the reason there are neighbors and trophies and rewards for having neighbors. The developers have cut some slack with the invention of the solar powered tractor so people without enough neighbors can still plow their fields quicker.

What I dont understand is people not recognizing how the game works. I dont actually care to add complete strangers either, but if I want to play the game to its full potential having neighbors is esential. As I stated before, facebook lets you customize your account so that people cant see certain bits of information that you dont want them to see. You dont have to set up another account and once its done you dont worry about them reading or posting on your facebook page. They also cannot see what others write to you.

If not having neighbors is your thing and you just cant bring yourself to add people you dont know to your facebook account, then why not play farmville? Or my farm? Thats what makes farmtown different then the other farm genre games. Social interaction.

Riverview plantation
Old Nov 03 2009, 01:35 PM

What I've done is stripped all my personal information off my FB account now. Not because of the new neighbours but because those that I want to know about me already do and those I don't want to know about me don't have anything to find out about. All there is on my FB account is some daft pictures of my dog plus my profile pic (which isn't up but in the album), and my email addy which people need to be added to my account anyway. I don't care about people seeing me cos they're not exactly going to know EVERYTHING about me from one simple picture. If I didn't want them to see it I'd just remove that too. So it's simple. If you don't want people to know about you, but want neighbours take ALL important information about you off the account and just leave the bare bones. If that's not enough then why are you wanting to play a game with involves social interaction on a social network?
Old Nov 03 2009, 02:12 PM

Default More levels more land

I was wondering when more levels will be added, along with land
Thanks Mrs.Mhttp://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?ref=mf
Old Nov 03 2009, 03:23 PM
Account Not Linked

You Need Better Neighbors one that will water your Flowers Papa Donna!!! Nice Farm But you need nicer Neighbors .. at least ones that dont mind Watering Flowers... sheesh ;o) but still serious about the watering of flowers..
Old Nov 03 2009, 03:28 PM
Account Not Linked

Default Re-appearing crops

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizjfox View Post
I don't know if this is because of the update. But I had someone harvest for me. THen did a refresh. Everything was back as if it had not been harvested. Had a different person harvest. Same thing happened. Please help. I went back to reload from FB. Still the same.

UPDATE -- I just went back on after being on the forum and everything looks harvested now. But I am leaving this up in case someone else has this same glitch.
I too am having this same problem.
Old Nov 03 2009, 04:05 PM

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/
Old Nov 03 2009, 04:42 PM

Code:
HTML Code:
[php][/php]

Was curious when more levels might arrive
Old Nov 03 2009, 07:42 PM

Not sure what is going on in farmtown but here goes, I have been a user for quite some time so I know what should and not be.... thanks for all your hard work...... when I got to the store, the chicken/cow and the bull are all pictures of cows. Many people are not getting their coins for harvesting. Last night I hired two people one harvested and the field looked empty.... so I hired someone to plow..... when they came to the farm it reloaded and the crops were back.... so I told him to plow and I harvested again... what someone had already done. then he was able to plow...... over the crops not harvested, when I harvested it turned to plowed..... wait it gets better.... I planted and used the new machine.... I was able to plant on what appeared to be plowed fields, when done planting..... then reloaded..... I had to re-plow the field... as I plowed the fields turned seeded.

So the question is.... why was someone able to harvest the entire farm.... I saw it harvested... and I come back from the market with my plow person and he was able to plow over crops. And then I was able to seed over un-plowed fields... seems like there are three views of the farm.... I harvested the fields and they were plowed, I planted then had to plow...... again..... what in the world?????????
Old Nov 03 2009, 08:08 PM

Smile

Great Job - Developers! Love your new storage feature, now I can play around with rearranging my farm without having to sell anything. Or for just a change. Wouldn't mind increasing the size of my farm though...hint, hint.
Old Nov 03 2009, 08:22 PM

My experience is that when I let others plow, then my farm gets messed up with stuff like this. Now I let them harvest, but I plow myself and I never have these kinds of problems. Sorry all you plowers out there.
--------------------------------------------------
So the question is.... why was someone able to harvest the entire farm.... I saw it harvested... and I come back from the market with my plow person and he was able to plow over crops. And then I was able to seed over un-plowed fields... seems like there are three views of the farm.... I harvested the fields and they were plowed, I planted then had to plow...... again..... what in the world?????????[/quote]
Closed Thread