Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jan 12 2011, 09:43 AM

My bet is that the new release will be on Friday. It has seemed that the past few releases have been on Friday's.
Old Jan 12 2011, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crispey_cake View Post
i think if we dont get farmtown update very soon i will end in the psychiatric hospital this waiting is really making my brain go mad
Bless...When you get to the stage of bouncing of walls....don't go to the Psychiatric hospital...you may miss the update...try the official Rubber room.

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthr...ht=rubber+room

I am not a forum Moderator, but happy to assist when I can

Toffee Farm

Old Jan 12 2011, 10:27 AM
Account Not Linked

WOW ... so much impatience about the next update ...

People are saying that they are bored ... something to keep in mind ... I was told once by a gentleman I really respected that if you are bored it is because you are boring ...

This is a game, but to the devs it is a business ... speaking as a computer programmer myself ... the process of designing the game and updates, coding, testing and then installing it on the servers is quite a lengthy and technical process ... I appreciate the quality of coding here ... much better than some of the other (all of the other) game developers who host on Facebook ... (my opinion) ... With some of the other devs the updates would be installed and then in a couple weeks the devs MIGHT get around to fixing the problems they created ... Here ... the devs are obviously testing and taking their time ... Problems here are fixed VERY FAST ... these are professionals, please let them do their jobs and understand that they are excellent at what they do ... don't sell the task of creating these updates short ... it is VERY TIME CONSUMING ... when the updates come they come ... in the meantime ... relax and enjoy ... and if you are "bored" ... go do something else to pass the time. ... Have a great day all !!!
Old Jan 12 2011, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer Michelle View Post
WOW ... so much impatience about the next update ...

People are saying that they are bored ... something to keep in mind ... I was told once by a gentleman I really respected that if you are bored it is because you are boring ...

This is a game, but to the devs it is a business ... speaking as a computer programmer myself ... the process of designing the game and updates, coding, testing and then installing it on the servers is quite a lengthy and technical process ... I appreciate the quality of coding here ... much better than some of the other (all of the other) game developers who host on Facebook ... (my opinion) ... With some of the other devs the updates would be installed and then in a couple weeks the devs MIGHT get around to fixing the problems they created ... Here ... the devs are obviously testing and taking their time ... Problems here are fixed VERY FAST ... these are professionals, please let them do their jobs and understand that they are excellent at what they do ... don't sell the task of creating these updates short ... it is VERY TIME CONSUMING ... when the updates come they come ... in the meantime ... relax and enjoy ... and if you are "bored" ... go do something else to pass the time. ... Have a great day all !!!
great post.... people forget there is work involved guess they assume its like the game click a picture and add to the game when like you said its a lengthy process that takes time
Old Jan 12 2011, 10:54 AM

Quite right too, impatience is a waste of time. It doesn't make things happen more quickly and beseiging the devs won't help, the longer things take to happen the less chance there'll be problems with it. I too am eagerly anticipating the new updates, but I'll plod on happily until they arrive
Old Jan 12 2011, 11:11 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

hens vs chickens (buyable) .. chickens don't produce eggs ???? what a waste .. that should be stated on the purchase pages - if and how a unit produces or does NOT produce something ... confused and disgusted

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jan 12 2011, 11:13 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciMarcel View Post
hens vs chickens (buyable) .. chickens don't produce eggs ???? what a waste .. that should be stated on the purchase pages - if and how a unit produces or does NOT produce something ... confused and disgusted
Chicken coop states what it uses. Even now if you click 'help' on the chicken coops it shows it's hens and geese not chickens. And you are more than welcome to check out what things use here in the forum. We have a game guide that lists everything (link in my signature).
Old Jan 12 2011, 12:35 PM

Default waiting on updates

Like everyone else I am waiting on the update of Farm 8....I fill my time waiting by coming here and reading everyone's post.....now is that sick or what?....lol
But like others before me...I understand that there is a lot of work that goes into developing this game and want to take a moment out of my whining and thank the devs for all their hard work....Keep it up we love you guys.
Old Jan 12 2011, 12:59 PM

yep i 'am impatience for farm 8, but i like what the devs doing, they doing a great job. okay its takes time, but the result is always good like lora salter said, keep it up we love you guyst ;D
Old Jan 12 2011, 01:37 PM

Smile Wait for Farm 8, Please!!!

Like Jennifer Michelle (Post #504) said, this wonderful game didn't become so awesome because the people creating it rushed through the process and dumped some half-baked program on us. The fantastic developers take the time to make it work right BEFORE they turn it over to us.

I know it's difficult to wait for something you think you really must have -- is an up-grade to a computer game REALLY a "must-have"? -- but wouldn't you rather get it and be able to use it right away? Or would you rather it were released early with glitches -- sort of like getting a battery-operated toy on Christmas without the batteries?! I know that's a very dated analogy, but come on, ladies and gentlemen. Give it a rest!!

Drop by the Real Estate Office a couple of times a day; drop in here once or twice to rave about the game and thank the wonderful developers, then go FARM!

Farm? Not Here!!
~ Gateway to My Agricultural Empire ~

Farming Since 26 September 2009
Level 1175 & Rising

Am I addicted to Farm Town?

Last edited by Deanna J. Lloyd; Jan 12 2011 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Correct name and post #
Closed Thread