Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Nov 04 2010, 06:22 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Yippee, I can give up housework altogether now... LOL. I love this game! Looking forward to the new farm(s).

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Nov 04 2010, 06:34 PM

Level:
XP:

Well, since I don't subscribe to video rentals (seldom watch movies, very seldom), join book of the month type "clubs," or need to purchase any of the other items offered, nor want to get quotes on auto insurance being quite satisfied with my long-time carrier or take surveys which ask for my address etc. -- the only offer I choose to occasionally do is the Ap of the Day if it's merely a game which I can then delete. That said, I have my own approach to FT Cash. I save some of my change when I come back from doing weekly errands and then deposit it at my bank when enough accumulates. That's my entertainment fund. I don't go to movies, concerts, buy DVD's or CD's and rarely go out to dinner (brunch once a month or so). So every 3 or 4 months, I buy $10 or $20 FT Cash if there are FT Cash items on my "wish list." .... Since this is a just-for-fun activity, I don't feel any pressure to have every facility or other cash item or to upgrade the size of my virtual farms "right now." So, this approach works out fine for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucephalis View Post
For all those who are crying about FC...There are enough ways to get it that it shouldn't be a problem. You may have to use your head and/or work. In the "earn cash and coin" page there are plenty of opportunities that can be used. Are you going to buy someone a birthday present or a Christmas gift? How about a magazine subscription? I was going to buy some work shoes and noted I could get them here. Great shoes, a lot of FC! You can always sacrifice some of your valuable time and do the many surveys. You can get just about all the FC you need and be spending your real money on items you need and will buy anyway. Might as well put a little thought into it and use this option. The only criticism I have is Slashkey needs to do a little more marketing and get more opportunities in there. You may have to buy some FC, but probably not unless you are obsessive and have to buy that tool or facility RIGHT NOW!!
Old Nov 04 2010, 06:42 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob T View Post
Lots of countries have some form of thanksgiving, it's just a celebration of the harvest. only the US & Canada call it 'Thanksgiving' other countries may call it 'Harvest Festival'
And for those of us of Native American Indian heritage, celebrating and being grateful for the bounty of the land is still very much a part of this season of the year, though "giving thanks" is not limited to any specific day, but a way we feel. N/A on my dad/s side of the family.
Old Nov 04 2010, 06:53 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanR View Post
Canada has one to Celebrate the Harvest second Monday in October. The USA one is celebrated for superstitious reasons.

Would of been nice to have this out 2.5 weeks ago for Thanksgiving.
Agree that it would have been nice if these items had come out earlier. Since there are players throughout the world, I also agree that it would be appropriate for Slashkey to recognize the special days of other countries and cultures.
Re the "superstitious reasons," not quite sure what you mean. But, for sure, history has gotten bent a bit out of shape in the popular legend of the "first Thanksgiving."
And c'mon, Slashkey, those Pilgrim figures, but not one American Indian. Even real histories written at the time, document the fact that among those feasting and celebrating the season were members of the American Indian tribes whose villages were near the pilgrim's little settlement.
Old Nov 04 2010, 07:11 PM

New Thanksgiving Items!!
Old Nov 04 2010, 08:25 PM
Account Not Linked

I love playing Farm town great work guys .....can't wait for farm 7 and what ever else you have coming up
Old Nov 04 2010, 08:31 PM

Love the new thanksgiving items, i do think the devs need a lesson in spelling tho as its Autumn Tree not Atumn Tree LMAO! Can't wait for new levels and farm 7 tho
Old Nov 04 2010, 08:32 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxcharliebxx View Post
Love the new thanksgiving items, i do think the devs need a lesson in spelling tho as its Autumn Tree not Atumn Tree LMAO! Can't wait for new levels and farm 7 tho
We've already reported that..they'll fix it when they do the new release lol.
Old Nov 04 2010, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double T Dude Ranch View Post
We've already reported that..they'll fix it when they do the new release lol.
LOL i didnt see it mentioned as i was reading through, my bad
Old Nov 04 2010, 08:35 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxcharliebxx View Post
LOL i didnt see it mentioned as i was reading through, my bad
Oh we only discussed it in feedback, they haven't said it in the first post
Closed Thread