Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Jan 31 2012, 02:27 AM

Default Not having a facility

I have started the quests,i will not be able to complete one as not got the oil refinery,this is not fair to anyone that has the same problem

Please can someone help
Old Jan 31 2012, 02:30 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretsybs View Post
I have started the quests,i will not be able to complete one as not got the oil refinery,this is not fair to anyone that has the same problem

Please can someone help
What is not fair.

You just have to buy the Oil refinery.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jan 31 2012, 02:52 AM

Some of us don't have the fc to do that,,,nice to see support from others NOT
Old Jan 31 2012, 02:59 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretsybs View Post

Please can someone help
The only thing you can do with that one currently is to let it expire if you can't buy the oil refinery. Many do not have all the facilities and that is the only thing that you can do for now. According to Raul in the future you will be able work others facilities and farms to get items, but that is not the way it is currently.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 31 2012, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
The only thing you can do with that one currently is to let it expire if you can't buy the oil refinery. Many do not have all the facilities and that is the only thing that you can do for now. According to Raul in the future you will be able work others facilities and farms to get items, but that is not the way it is currently.

Thank you at least you were more help and supportive
Old Jan 31 2012, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamagirl View Post
Was wondering if there was a way to keep up with how may quest we complete?
Good thinking ... please devs is this possible? I think I've done 6 now, but had trouble trying to remember them all. Just for my own interest, but I've written them down now and would love to have some sort of a record of the number we've done down the track.

Old Jan 31 2012, 04:17 AM

Hi! I am also enjoying the quests although i am forced to turn on the computer to see my new quest in the morning now during the chaos of getting 3 kids out to school!!! Anyway at the weekend i made a "quest farm" like others have done after being a bit reluctant to do so at first but it is working out really well and i enjoy "managing" it and it looks pretty too!! I am on my 6th quest now and this morning started one with 13 steps but should finish it by the morning! Luckily i have had all the facilities needed so far! The way it's going at the moment i am glad we have to wait 20hrs to unlock a new one otherwise it might be too much and i am already spending too much time lol !!
Old Jan 31 2012, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeClements View Post
i worry about the old people FORGETTING that they are there
Keeipng it subtle is more important than having gigantic neon flashing signs that quests have to be done. I find them extremely annoying, because they're timed and require facilities you don't have, especially purchasing FarmCash facilties (seriously, who would do that for a quest???)...and one thing I really like about this game is that it's relatively an untimed game, except for crops spoiling. Deciding whether or not you're going to do something because you can't afford it isn't a "challenge", it's simply a decision. It's not 'challenging" to me to do something in the game i already CAN do, it's not "challenging" deciding that I will not ruin the deisgn integrity of my farms for a quest, and it's not a challenge to decide that I'm not paying $20-30 simply to put one facility on my farm for two days just to net myself fake currency.

For now, I refuse to have quest farms or put quest facilities on my farms, as I like my farms "designed" and not purely utilitarian. Though maybe with the addition of farms 14 and 15 (as I see there is room for them now) I'll have maybe ONE.

BUT

after all, it's all good so far, because the quest option isn't required, it doesn't ruin the game interface AT ALL, and the few quests you can do seem to really be worth it (I had to produce all steps of making hot chocolate in the coffee shop and got $4mill coins. Not bad.) soooooooo we'll see where this goes.

Visit my main farms,The Farms at ShortBerry!
Also check out Coal Patch Woods, my mom's farms, of which I am general manager. (It features farming on a budget...NO purchased Farm Cash with this farm!)
Old Jan 31 2012, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpa View Post
What is not fair.

You just have to buy the Oil refinery.
That's not the point. The point is it's tragically silly to spend Farmcash or real money to do a virtual to-do list for fake currency.

It really stinks for now, but once we're able to work others' farms or facilities, it'll be much better, and I'll wait for that.

Visit my main farms,The Farms at ShortBerry!
Also check out Coal Patch Woods, my mom's farms, of which I am general manager. (It features farming on a budget...NO purchased Farm Cash with this farm!)
Old Jan 31 2012, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artisanrox View Post
That's not the point. The point is it's tragically silly to spend Farmcash or real money to do a virtual to-do list for fake currency.

It really stinks for now, but once we're able to work others' farms or facilities, it'll be much better, and I'll wait for that.
First, you should look up tragic.

Second is it really silly to financially support a game you enjoy? People will spend $10USD to go see a movie that lasts 1 1/2 to 2 hours, with no lasting benefit. People will spend $3.50USD to rent a video, again with no lasting benefit. I have to disagree with you that it is silly to support a game that brings many players enjoyment. With out the financial support, the game would not exist.

---Jerry

Farmtown: Where everyone can play the way they want to play, and still enjoy a great game together!

My Quest Plot Farm
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...1897&farm_ix=2