Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Mar 07 2016, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighwj1960 View Post
I respect your right to hire multiple people but I would like to explain my reason for wanting to work alone.
I find that if there are multiple people working on the same farm at the same time my computer tends to freeze. This is why when I go to the marketplace to get hired I change my status to state that I will do all jobs but request solo only. If multiple people show up and I was hired for multiple farms I will go to the last farm in order and work backwards, if that isn't possible then I will just go back to my farm.

I am the same..also if I am hired to do harvesting and plowing and I see someone else already working on that farm I will go to another farm
Old Mar 15 2016, 10:47 AM

Default I agree

I agree with you.
Old Mar 15 2016, 09:37 PM

Ditto. Sometimes I'm the only one there when I first get hired and then all of a sudden things come to a screeching slow down an I notice that there are suddenly more workers. I move on to another farm and forego any bonus I may have earned. It's not worth the jerky slow/freezing with the additional workers.
Old Mar 19 2016, 01:28 PM

When I am hired along with others to do all jobs it seems that everyone goes for H/P first which is fine and after I do my share ( I try not to hog everything as some people do) I move on to trees or flowers and everyone else stands around and waits for me to finish that so they can collect the bonus for the H/P they did. My trick is to hide my avatar in the trees start chopping or shaking trees or chopping flowers and then stop and click go offline so they think I left. Sometimes they finish but usually one by one everyone leaves. So I then comeback online so the farm owner can see someone is still there working continue on my own on that farm and the remaining farms. I'm not about to give others a free ride. If you want the bonus when you are working with me you have to help finish the job and that means do a little of everything you were hired to do.
Old Mar 19 2016, 07:25 PM

I tend to hire one person at a time for everything, but on occasion the other person leaves after doing one or two farms which leaves me in a bind as I usually am sowing my fields that the person has done only to go to my fourth farm to find it not even worked on. I have to then, stop everything, go to the market, hire another person and tell them in a PM that this is for all the farms that someone else didn't finish if you cannot handle it, tell me right now so I can hire more people. They usually come back with I will finish all jobs that I am hired for. I like those types of people.
The ones who waste my time is usually those who just want to harvest and plow one farm and then run with what bonuses that they have.

Beth

~*~ #1 - Spencer Creek ~*~
Old Mar 19 2016, 07:56 PM

I love your "solution"!!
Old Mar 19 2016, 07:59 PM

BethFB, sometimes it's not the workers' fault as their computer may be too slow and it crashes on them or kicks them off - this has happened to me - and there's no way of letting the farmer know. I try to drop a message as soon as I get hired when I see that it's a huge job and that way, when they answer back, I have a way of contacting them that I got kicked off and can get rehired. And, then again, there are those who just don't care. I always finish, unless my computer gets a wild hair up her butt and kicks me off! Lol
Old Mar 20 2016, 10:48 PM
Account Not Linked

You could also try adding them to your Buddy list.
Old Mar 21 2016, 08:56 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Smile Buddy list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulcinea View Post
You could also try adding them to your Buddy list.
Buddys do not get to claim the Bonus Chest so there is no point adding anyone unless they want to work for far less than they could.. Bonus gives Double XP, Coins and Goods..

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Mar 21 2016, 09:47 PM
Account Not Linked

I don't know, I haven't worked for anyone in the marketplace in years. But back in the day, when we were hired, as a precaution in case we got kicked, we would add one another to our buddy lists. Why the buddy list would interfere with claiming the bonus chest now, I have no idea.