Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Feb 12 2010, 03:35 AM
Account Not Linked

I have always been able to hire people to plow but today, I wasn't able to. I have 9 neighbours, what has happened? I think I used to have 10.
Old Feb 12 2010, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holliesmum View Post
I have always been able to hire people to plow but today, I wasn't able to. I have 9 neighbours, what has happened? I think I used to have 10.
someone on your friends list probably blocked the app, that would make them no longer your neighbor
Old Feb 12 2010, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin47 View Post
Oh wait! What about the ones that do those AND type in all caps AND do what you said with the multiples of the same letter for like twenty time so that it takes up the whole chat box and when you try to scroll past it, they keep it up. I have tried to use the ignore feature, but when you didn't catch the name the first time and they keep doing it so that the scroll won't work, it's kinda hard to ignore them.
AND the ones that jump in front of you..I mean RIGHT in front of you so that your avatar is hidden either behind or IN theirs as if they think that makes them more appealing to a prospective boss.
Robin, I don't think their aim is to make themselves more appealing. I think its to block prospective hirers from seeing and hiring you! That happens to me a lot.
Old Feb 12 2010, 12:52 PM

Default Heads-up to level discrimination

Y'all I do understand that Farm Town is a game and as such shouldn't be taken too seriously, however......
The first of this week, I was hired to harvest and when I finished the job, I asked if the farmer needed me to plow. He said he noticed that I'm level 60 and didn't need to plow so he was going to give the job to someone who needed it. I thanked him, wished him a good evening and left. Since then, no matter who I harvest for, I'm never asked to plow. Most of the time the farmer is away from their farm when I'm done and don't answer when I send a message asking if they need plowing done. Several times, I've seen farmers hide behind buildings, etc and just not answering. I asked about it at the market and someone told me they're trying to help the lower levels and are just being nice. I do understand that and am far from being greedy but I don't understand people who try to hide to keep from hiring me. Also, if no one hires level 60's how is that going to affect the "ultimate farmer" contest? I have over 725,000 xps and have spent well over the required amount to qualify, but now have little hope of making more. This seems a unfair to me but I realize there is little or nothing that can be done. Just wanted to voice a sticking point. Is anyone else having this problem?
Old Feb 12 2010, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Karr View Post
Y'all I do understand that Farm Town is a game and as such shouldn't be taken too seriously, however......
The first of this week, I was hired to harvest and when I finished the job, I asked if the farmer needed me to plow. He said he noticed that I'm level 60 and didn't need to plow so he was going to give the job to someone who needed it. I thanked him, wished him a good evening and left. Since then, no matter who I harvest for, I'm never asked to plow. Most of the time the farmer is away from their farm when I'm done and don't answer when I send a message asking if they need plowing done. Several times, I've seen farmers hide behind buildings, etc and just not answering. I asked about it at the market and someone told me they're trying to help the lower levels and are just being nice. I do understand that and am far from being greedy but I don't understand people who try to hide to keep from hiring me. Also, if no one hires level 60's how is that going to affect the "ultimate farmer" contest? I have over 725,000 xps and have spent well over the required amount to qualify, but now have little hope of making more. This seems a unfair to me but I realize there is little or nothing that can be done. Just wanted to voice a sticking point. Is anyone else having this problem?
plowing is not a right. if you get hired to do so great. if not you allready did the job you were hire to do so just return to the market and if you only want to plow only accept those jobs. no farmer is required to rehire the person who harvested to plow as well.

what i have been running into in the market is hiring level 60 farmers i offer them to plow (dont pay attention to the level untill they respond with this) "thank you for the work i appreciate it but i am level 60 and do not need the exp please offer to someone who needs it" not complaining about it i dont mind returning to the market to find someone else just stating my experiance in the market
Old Feb 12 2010, 02:28 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

i am also at level 60 when a farmer asks me If I would like to plow I do point out that I am at 60 sometimes and if they don't have a lower level neighbor I would be happy to help them........ I love this game and have had so much fun.... Now I try to find ways to redesign and seek the ever elusive Farm Cash so I can get the things I have put off getting because I can't afford Real Cash Purchases........

GOD Bless The USA

Level 600, Farmer since June 2,2009

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.

╰⊰⊹✿Dεsidεяαtα✿⊹⊱╮

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?f...00000233351452

(link below not mine)
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Feb 12 2010, 02:39 PM
Account Not Linked

I always give the people that harvest my farm the option to plow and i never hire over 2 people and I try to hire from my neighbors first and though what gets me, out of 17 neighbors, I only had one on one occasion even ask me to do their farm, so thats my gripe.

I don`t care if they go sideways, make circle, or even a heart..lol.. long as they stay in the same area and not do one plot on top and do one down bottom.... though it all comes out the same at the end

I myself can`t do lines , my mouse just wont allow it... if I even tried, it take me hours.

Id rather hire someone that is normal paced that takes the time out to make sure they got everything over some fast worker who goes so fast and leaves stuff behind.

I hire any level, as I know everyone should be able to play the game and just because your level 60 doesn`t mean you should pay for that.

Hope everyone has a great weekend "HAPPY VALENTINES"

Last edited by livelovelife207; Feb 12 2010 at 02:52 PM.
Old Feb 12 2010, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanieNGMsfarm View Post
plowing is not a right. if you get hired to do so great. if not you allready did the job you were hire to do so just return to the market and if you only want to plow only accept those jobs. no farmer is required to rehire the person who harvested to plow as well.

what i have been running into in the market is hiring level 60 farmers i offer them to plow (dont pay attention to the level untill they respond with this) "thank you for the work i appreciate it but i am level 60 and do not need the exp please offer to someone who needs it" not complaining about it i dont mind returning to the market to find someone else just stating my experiance in the market
I'm sorry, I never said it was a "right". I do get hired to harvest and never turn one down. I always ask politely and, whether or not I get a reply, I thank the farmer, bid a good day and leave. I know no one is required to rehire and I respect that. My only problem with it is that they don't even have the decency to say "no". It just isn't right for me or anyone else to be penalized in that way because of our status. I do thank you for your reply and I'm hoping your problem finds a resolution as well as mine.
Old Feb 13 2010, 07:14 AM

Hi everyone,

I too am a level 60 player and i have gone to the markets many a time now and announced what level i am etc... " level 60 doesn't need coins or points, just happy to help out" and i have been employed many times for it, if i don't get employed no biggie, i have employed both level 60's and lower levels and have appreciated the honesty of the other players telling me what level they are..... although i have had one or two be dishonest only to later tell you what level they really are, not that it makes a difference.... as long as they do the job and are polite i have no problems with levels.

i have also been asked to leave someone's farm because they went to my farm and saw what level i was, that was a bit upsetting at first but now state what level so ppl can make a choice before employing me.

I try to stick one area to harvest or plow if there a few other farmers working too, although have had on a number jobs what i call "ninja harvesters or plowers" who are faster or deliberately start plowing or harvest where i am so they can get more.... most of the time if there is more then two other farmers i thank the employer for the hire and leave the fight to the others. Couldn't be bother battling for the work.

Happy farming everyone,
Old Feb 13 2010, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Karr View Post
I'm sorry, I never said it was a "right". I do get hired to harvest and never turn one down. I always ask politely and, whether or not I get a reply, I thank the farmer, bid a good day and leave. I know no one is required to rehire and I respect that. My only problem with it is that they don't even have the decency to say "no". It just isn't right for me or anyone else to be penalized in that way because of our status. I do thank you for your reply and I'm hoping your problem finds a resolution as well as mine.
well i have a solution for us. if you want to stop by i can add you as a buddy and as long as you dont mind hiding trees you can have my next crop harvest and plow. if your username is diffrent than you avatar name send me a pm so i know its you. i just planted pineapples yesterday so it will be a few days