Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jun 13 2011, 12:27 PM

I have been using a good idea for my belt postings. I change the post settings to Me Only. Then when I have finished farming, I go to my profile page and decide which of the bonuses I would most like people to send me. I then copy the link and post it in a new wall post, with the settings set to all my friends. That way I don't get people using up their 12 hour slot to send to me on something when I would have preferred something better.
Old Jun 13 2011, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inge Jones View Post
I have been using a good idea for my belt postings. I change the post settings to Me Only. Then when I have finished farming, I go to my profile page and decide which of the bonuses I would most like people to send me. I then copy the link and post it in a new wall post, with the settings set to all my friends. That way I don't get people using up their 12 hour slot to send to me on something when I would have preferred something better.
I just post all my "game" stuff to my "Game Friends" list only. Takes care of mucking up my wall. Then I go back a couple of times a week and just delete the game posts.

I don't understand how these new things are working, but I really don't care. I don't plan my farming around what I might collect on the feed -- I plant what I want/need and anything that comes from these new features is just gravy.

I'm guessing the "selective clickers" aren't doing it this way.
I click on all my friends' posts when I have time to "work the feed." I don't know what they're looking for or what they want, or if they're like me and it says, "Do you want to post?" and they think, okay, why not? I also post everything -- if I have time -- for the same reason.

I don't understand the "I'm not doing it unless there's something in it for me and I know what it is." The possibility that I might not get something in return isn't a big deal, and when I don't, it's not a huge disappointment, either. I guess the fact that I don't understand how I could be cleaning up on this is working just fine. :-)
Old Jun 13 2011, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamblyne View Post
I don't understand the "I'm not doing it unless there's something in it for me and I know what it is." The possibility that I might not get something in return isn't a big deal, and when I don't, it's not a huge disappointment, either. I guess the fact that I don't understand how I could be cleaning up on this is working just fine. :-)

That's nice that you have all that time to do that. Some don't.

Visit my main farms,The Farms at ShortBerry!
Also check out Coal Patch Woods, my mom's farms, of which I am general manager. (It features farming on a budget...NO purchased Farm Cash with this farm!)
Old Jun 13 2011, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLen1 View Post
@earl gray my suggestion is getting away from "Industrial Nation" and back to farming. And yes I have spent that amount of money I have one paypal account strictly for Farmtown and I play no other games. I am disabled unable to get out in the 'real' world much so I play farmtown at least 14 out of 24 hrs each day. The more that the devs come out with the further way from the original game. I want to plant harvest and sell crops I don't want to earn belts or dans or whatever. I am a college graduate with a masters in sociology so I figure I am somewhat intelligent but for the life of me cannot figure out what some of this has to do with farming as in "FARMTOWN". Just taking this open forum at its word as to make suggestions and or views of the game. Please devs get us back to the game.
You say you want it to go back to farming, but I thought that the facilities were designed to keep the 'farming' even more interesting. We no longer just plow, sow and harvest just to sell at the market, we are growing our crops for a purpose now, which I think is fabulous. So I think the incentive to 'farm' is actually greater than it ever was.

You also have to read a lot of posts to realise that what you dislike about the game, is keeping so many people happy. You don't have to buy facilities, you don't even have to participate in the new belt challenge, everything else you loved about the game is still there

You also said you are taking the forum at it's word and therefore are making a suggestion, but you haven't included your ideas. If you post in suggestions, the devs DO take all ideas into consideration.
Old Jun 13 2011, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inge Jones View Post
that sounds like a great idea, but I just recently realized that by changing my "postings" notices as default to just my farm friends ... that sets ALL my photos and status postings also JUST to those people. Facebook doesn't have a privacy setting that allows us to distinguish between games postings, photos and status.

Now I'm selectively choosing who to send each belt/dan notice to every time. Seems there could be an easier way of doing this. I do use my FB page to correspond with close friends and family and really don't like the clutter all these posts create otherwise.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...2244&farm_ix=9
Old Jun 13 2011, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artisanrox View Post
That's nice that you have all that time to do that. Some don't.
I agree that working the facilities takes quite a bit of time, and I don't do that as often as I like. But when you're talking about the new stuff, it's a matter of click and close the tab. It doesn't take any more time to do that than it does to skim through the feed. Actually, I would think it would take more time to evaluate each post to determine if it's worthy of a click.
Old Jun 13 2011, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original Tee View Post
i have to say that i love the direction this game is taking. we have a variety of things we can do. one day i can work all my neighbor's facilities. another day i can go to the market and work for anyone who will hire me. i can redecorate a farm (made so much easier by the way we now can take multiple items out of storage). i can empty my facilities and get excited over all the millions of coins i have made so i can buy all the great decorations or new buildings. i love the way that we can create a little city on our farms instead of just having farm decorations. i love that we can make more money by putting some of our products into service facilities. i could go on and on about all the things i love about this game. it is the only game i play and yes i have invested real money to get the tools and farm cash facilities that make my playtime more enjoyable. i like the extra crops that i gather from the belt posts and my friends love the ones they get from my posts. i hope the farm town team keeps adding things to the game that give me even more variety of activities. sorry you do not feel the same.
I wholeheartedly agree Original Tee ... just as in "real life," when I start to get bored with a particular function of the game, I make a change or simply take a break.

Sometimes I set goals for myself (like having 15 days of crops for all facilities before I can load the facilities). Other times, I just have all fields plowed and only empty barns and harvest trees. Also there's days when I just don't want to do any of it. I keep a small, easy spreadsheet that shows me what fields are planted with what and when they'll be ready to harvest. I caretake my husband's place too most of the time, so there's 18 fields to track.

I am looking forward to more farms and especially some more seeds.

Devs, it's been a long time since we've seen new seeds and also I'd like to see more uses for some of the crops we already have (rhubarb pie, etc.)

Old Jun 13 2011, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by levarti2 View Post
that sounds like a great idea, but I just recently realized that by changing my "postings" notices as default to just my farm friends ... that sets ALL my photos and status postings also JUST to those people. Facebook doesn't have a privacy setting that allows us to distinguish between games postings, photos and status.

Now I'm selectively choosing who to send each belt/dan notice to every time. Seems there could be an easier way of doing this. I do use my FB page to correspond with close friends and family and really don't like the clutter all these posts create otherwise.
It takes some work in the beginning, but after that it's much easier than selecting multiple people. Put your "Game Friends" on a friends list. Being quite creative, I call mine "Game Friends." ;-) Then, when you post, select the "Game Friends" list, and it will only be visible and available to them, but doesn't change your default settings.
Old Jun 13 2011, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamblyne View Post
It takes some work in the beginning, but after that it's much easier than selecting multiple people. Put your "Game Friends" on a friends list. Being quite creative, I call mine "Game Friends." ;-) Then, when you post, select the "Game Friends" list, and it will only be visible and available to them, but doesn't change your default settings.
thanks ... I'll try that.

Old Jun 14 2011, 01:56 AM

I agree with Original Tree and levarti2 in playing FarmTown. We need to remember it's only a game and with that said, if you are bored or it's too much, taking a breather away from the game helps. I, personally, love the game and love the interaction with other farmers! I love the fact I can 'grow' the crops to 'produce' goods and being able to 'sell' them. I do the same if I get bored from catching up with my own (9) farms, so that is when I 'plan' ahead with my next group of crops to grow. I've made my own "shopping list", so I can plan how many layers to grow certain crops and then I created a "Crop Schedule" with the times (3 days, 2 days, 12 hrs, etc) and this helps me organize my time with the game. The rest of the time, is visiting friends and see how they set up their farms, help harvest, fish, or whatever, or rearrange my farms for better productions, etc. There is ALWAYS something to do.

Thanks for listening...and Devs, you're doing fantastic and thanks so much for all you do. I agree with more products to make like rhubard pie, choc cream pie, sweet potato pie, mint choc chip ice cream, different clothing items (pants, lingerie, shoes, etc), other bar drinks...the list is endless at this point! Even those wonderful Green Bean casserole with onions! LOL...<3
Closed Thread