Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jan 10 2014, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiel29 View Post
When I am in full screen mode I cannot get the icons for the menus in the top right hand corner to work - I have to minimise again. Also ALL the icons for pop up menus are very slow - the mouse over for the tool box (bottom right) doesnt always work and I have to actually click on the icon to open the expanded tool box.
I think they may still be working on tweaking some stuff. It often happens shortly after an update.
Old Jan 10 2014, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRider View Post
There are level requirements for the coin tools as shown below:

Harvesters:

Harvester (2x1) - Cost 15,000 coins - Level 10
Harvester (2x2) - Cost 30,000 coins - Level 16
Harvester (3x3) - Cost 500,000 coins - Level 44

Plows:

Plower (2X2)-Solar Powered - Cost 60,000 - Level 18
Plower (3x3)-Solar Powered - Cost 1,000,000 coins - Level 46

Tree Shaker (3x3) - Cost 1,250,000 - Level 50

Flower Harvester (3x3) - Cost 1,200,000 coins - Level 49

Log Truck With Chainsaw (3x3) - Cost 1,100,000 coins - Level 48

Fishing boat (2x2) - doesn't show a level requirement.

Someone mentioned in another post that to use the fuel station to fuel the tools, you would need to have a seeder or harvester, and since the harvester is the lowest level tool at level 10, and to get to level 10 is 2,000 xp. So once someone gets to level 10 they can purchase the lowest harvester and start using the fuel station, but one problem is they won't be able to start making fuel until they reach level 21 at which time they would unlock the Oil Pump and the Oil Refinery is 32 FC to make the fuel cans, so they can only get the fuel according to how many neighbors they have, the active neighbors (which is the same as how many neighbors), level, and any gifted fuel cans until they are able to get the Oil Pump and Oil Refinery.
Thanks for the clarification. I may have typed the same if I'd taken the time to research it. It's been a long time since I started!
Old Jan 10 2014, 11:37 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRider View Post
There are level requirements for the coin tools as shown below:

Harvesters:

Harvester (2x1) - Cost 15,000 coins - Level 10
Harvester (2x2) - Cost 30,000 coins - Level 16
Harvester (3x3) - Cost 500,000 coins - Level 44

Plows:

Plower (2X2)-Solar Powered - Cost 60,000 - Level 18
Plower (3x3)-Solar Powered - Cost 1,000,000 coins - Level 46

Tree Shaker (3x3) - Cost 1,250,000 - Level 50

Flower Harvester (3x3) - Cost 1,200,000 coins - Level 49

Log Truck With Chainsaw (3x3) - Cost 1,100,000 coins - Level 48

Fishing boat (2x2) - doesn't show a level requirement.

Someone mentioned in another post that to use the fuel station to fuel the tools, you would need to have a seeder or harvester, and since the harvester is the lowest level tool at level 10, and to get to level 10 is 2,000 xp. So once someone gets to level 10 they can purchase the lowest harvester and start using the fuel station, but one problem is they won't be able to start making fuel until they reach level 21 at which time they would unlock the Oil Pump and the Oil Refinery is 32 FC to make the fuel cans, so they can only get the fuel according to how many neighbors they have, the active neighbors (which is the same as how many neighbors), level, and any gifted fuel cans until they are able to get the Oil Pump and Oil Refinery.
I noticed that raul has made a change to the fuel requirements this morning to some of the coin tools for beginners as stated below:
Quote:
Originally Posted by raul
- Remove fuel requirement for all 2 x 1 tools, this will allow new users to start using those tools sooner when hired without the fuel requirement
So it looks like that a new person can now buy a Harvester 2x1 and be able to use it as soon as they purchase it at level 10 without the fuel requirement. I don't know if it is just the 2x1 harvester or if it might be for all of the lowest size tools which would include the 2x1 harvester, 3x3 tree shaker, 3x3 flower harvester, and 3x3 log truck.

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.
Old Jan 10 2014, 04:28 PM

Thanks for a wonderful new upgrade. As for the great debate allowing workers to use your tools to work your farm, I do not have an issue with it. But to satisfy those who want to keep an "advantage" (come on..this is a game not a competition, guys..geez) the option to allow your worker to use your tools should satisfy everyone.

I have been happily farming since 2010 and continue to play but I play because I like too not because I am in a competition. Several of my friends are in the over 150M xp mark and I have yet to make 100M. One day I will but I enjoy playing for relation and the joy of creating my farm scenes. To each his own.

Farm Town addict since May, 2010

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...2282&farm_ix=0
Old Jan 10 2014, 04:37 PM
Account Not Linked

Well Raul..You Know I buy all things that beautify my farms.Love the white clouds.Not so much the gray and black one.Love the sunshine one too,but can only afford to put it on a few farms,at 30 cash.The mist ones are nice,but like the sunshine one,if you have a bunch of cash to spend.Well I have a small area on one farm misted. Going from farm to farm.putting clouds,thought wouldn't it be nice if one could put a check on clouds to hold them in place,so when one goes to another farm,one doesn't have to scroll through farm items again.ME-ONE
Old Jan 10 2014, 05:26 PM

hang time between farms is TERRIBLE today.... and yes, i have done the memcache, flash clean, hist clean, and re-started everything, including the computer, my net speed is 42.64 mbps, so it is NOT me....

chrome,win7, WF5

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...0145&farm_ix=0
Old Jan 10 2014, 05:30 PM

oh, and one last thing, as far as the great debate goes... i for one think its a fantastic idea to let others use my tools, my friend n i experimented, she has the 10x, n i have 8x, i used hers, while she was working on my farm, i worked on hers, and it lets us both use at the same time!! FANTASTIC!! and how many times have we ALL said i wish i could gift my non used tools to a lower level pplayer- btw, i STILL want to do that...

chrome,win7, WF5

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...0145&farm_ix=0
Old Jan 10 2014, 05:35 PM

Will the people we bought on farms be able to move around and be able to move things on farms, like trees
Old Jan 10 2014, 05:38 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by annecairns66 View Post
Will the people we bought on farms be able to move around and be able to move things on farms, like trees
No. Those are only stationary decorations.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 10 2014, 07:20 PM

Regarding the great debate about letting people use your tools or not. I just noticed when I hired my harvest buddy that here is the option to check or uncheck whether or not you want the to use your tools. It's at the bottom of the first box that pops up asking what you want to hire them to do.

So end of debate!!!
Closed Thread