Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Aug 23 2010, 09:04 AM
Account Not Linked

I think this update has been fantastic! I'm looking forward to what you do for us next.

The tree harvester is wonderful with slow computer and internet connection like mine. I find my cousin working on my trees can still harvest them faster when hired than I do my section with the tree harvester. lol What would I do without it in that case?

Could you please find some more uses for raspberries? I have loads because they're a great crop to plant to fill in that extra 4 hours in a Farm Town day. Raspberry jam would be yummy and a good use for them. They're also delicious in apple and raspberry crumble in the real world, or I cook them in with my flourless chocolate cakes. (There's an idea - use almonds for almond meal, add sugar, eggs, butter, chocolate and raspberries and you have flourless chocolate/raspberry cakes for those with a gluten intolerance.)
Old Aug 23 2010, 09:06 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Just wanted to say a big thank you to the devs, love the manure spreader,

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Aug 23 2010, 09:26 AM

I would like more detail about the manure spreader as well please, and can we maybe put pigs for sale? Moving one pig around to all five farms is a pain!
Old Aug 23 2010, 09:56 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheftls View Post
I would like more detail about the manure spreader as well please, and can we maybe put pigs for sale? Moving one pig around to all five farms is a pain!
7. Manure Spreader (FC): Allows you to fertilize your farms. All fertilized crops (not trees) will produce 2 boxes instead of 1 when harvested. The main idea is that you use the manure from your pigs as an organic fertilizer for your farms to produce more crops.

-Manure Collection Process:
You need to have a Pigsty (now on the facility section on the Store) to collect the manure from your pigs. The collection process works the same as if you were harvesting animals, the difference is that in this case, the manure from the pigs is stored in your Manure Spreader tool. Each Pig produce 1 Manure Unit every 12 hours.

-Fertilization Process:
You need 50 manure units to fertilize a farm. To fertilize a farm, click on the Manure Spreader tool and select 'Fertilize Farm'. Once a farm is fertilized it will remain fertilized for the next 3 days.

All crops still growing (not ready to harvest) will be fertilized. All new crops planted while the farm is still fertilized will be fertilized also.

Once a crop is fertilized, it will produce 2 boxes instead of 1 when harvested, whether the farm is fertilized or not at the time of harvesting. If you hire others to harvest, you will get 2 Large boxes instead of one. Employees will get twice the amount of coins, and 2 boxes as well every time they receive an additional bonus box when harvesting.

-Additional Notes:
When you buy the Manure Spreader tool, it will come with 250 manure units inside for you to start fertilizing right away!

You can move the Manure Spreader to other farms and it will not lose the manure inside

To check how much time of fertilization is left on a farm or how much manure you have stored just hover the mouse over the Manure Spreader. Notice that each farm is fertilized separately so the fertilization intervals will most likely be different for each farm, however, your manure storage is the actual Manure Spreader, so you can collect manure on all farms but it all gets stored on the same Manure Spreader.

All fertilized crops will have a highlight around them, if you don't like that effect or how that looks, we will add an option soon on the Options window, so you can disable it
Old Aug 23 2010, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toranut97 View Post
Well, since I am leaving on vacation I thought I would violate my long-time policy of not making suggestions in this forum, and would provide some suggestions for the game. These are offered especially in light of the people who keep whini--ah, opining -- that they need a chainsaw or whatever because they just don't have the time to handle all their farm chores and they need farm cash and are not getting it so the shortcuts aren't available.

Perhaps the game needs to become more realistic. This would provide a natural break in production schedules for everyone. So, developers, here are some suggestions from a fan who lives in the heart of the farm belt in the US of A.

* Early frost. Frost strikes, killing all your plantings at a random interval on any one farm.

* Locusts. A plague of insects strike, devouring corn, wheat and rice. Can't replant until you spray with insecticide, which costs 50 Farm Cash.

* Foreclosure. The bank calls in your loans and repossesses all your equipment. You have to buy them again.

* Drought. All your flowers die. You can buy the Irrigation System for $85 Farm Cash to prevent this happening.

* Oil spill. All sea life in your sea coasts, small and large, die. Your oil refinery is stripped of all production. The Mayor fines you $200 Farm Cash or 1,000,000 coins reparations.

* Emerald Ash Borer infestation. One of every trees is devoured by bugs and must be replanted. Or you can spray them for $40 FC.

*Whiney farm neighbor plague. If you have a coffee shop, you may be plagued with this one. Hoards of whiney fellows in seed corn caps descend on your farm and flood your chat window with complaints. You cannot hire anyone to work, because who wants to listen to that??? You can't pay enough to prevent this, you just have to suffer.

* Salmonella: All your hen eggs are taken away by the mayor because they are contaminated. Too bad.

* Health Inspector: Your Taco Restaurant, Sandwich Shop and Food Preserving Facility are shut down because of health code violations. You can prevent by paying the Health Inspector 20,000 coins a month "protection" money/bribe (I was born in Chicago...;-)

So these are a few ideas to make the game even more realistic! Anyone have additional suggestions????

(Big grin here)

wow if those are added to the game i would stop playing. i wouldnt care what ive invested in the game i would just stop. i tryed a similar game were stuff happens similar to what you have posted and hated it
Old Aug 23 2010, 11:00 AM

Just in case anyone doesn't realize it....I WAS joking...! ;-)

Farming away since June 14, 2009
Old Aug 23 2010, 11:03 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toranut97 View Post
Just in case anyone doesn't realize it....I WAS joking...! ;-)
We could not tell cuz you didn't add the chainsaw in there
Old Aug 23 2010, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyD View Post
I clicked on the spreader then on the drop down menu for it, click on move then i click the diamond of the farm i want to fertilize.. when i got to that farm i clicked on the "Green Man" then you click on the "cloan" of the spreader.... the actual spreader never leaves the farm you have it parked on.......it is way cool..... i did that also to check to see how long my other farms that i had fertilized had left on the fertilizer you already spread on it......shows you how many hours are left.... way cool............
Just read your post.....Yea!!..Thanks so much...This is way better than moving the Fertilizer through storage.

I am not a forum Moderator, but happy to assist when I can

Toffee Farm

Old Aug 23 2010, 11:23 AM

I am a girl, not a guy.

Deleted the post due to lack of sense of humor on the premises.

Farming away since June 14, 2009
Old Aug 23 2010, 11:41 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly Mew View Post
From the first post:

ALL crops are fertilized, regardless of the growth time. Any that are already growing or are planted within the 3 days will be fully fertilized. Even if you plant a 4 day crop on day 3 of the fertilization they will STILL be fertilized. Does that make it clearer?
yes thank you very much for clearing that up. It really would be a good idea to explain that where the DEV's put the update for fertilizing crops. I also have another question Molly.
Is there any way of telling how much time i have left to fertilize? there is no count down clock and i myself have a lot to remember besides the time i plant crops..lol.. i think the dev;s should add something like that so the person knows exactly when the farm was 1st fertilized.. thanks!!
Closed Thread