Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Jan 23 2017, 10:45 AM

I have been doing the ships-loading and helping others move their ships along.

Currently I am having a few problems with the ships and I think it might be a glitch on my account? One of the neighbors ships is not showing up in my port and when he tries to skip me, it doesn't work-and it's been days. I'd like to help, but I can't click if I don't have the ship there. This glitch seems to have started after the two hour maintenance. I've tried clearing the memcache and rebooting. I've also tried different browsers and still cannot see his ship.

On a different note, I support the idea of selecting the neighbors who get the cargo on my own. I have some neighbors who choose not to move my ships but we do the cooperative quests. There are some neighbors who I have never seen on my ship list but they also do the quests and send daily gifts. It would be nice to send them the ships.
Old Jan 23 2017, 11:09 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammieM View Post
I have been doing the ships-loading and helping others move their ships along.

Currently I am having a few problems with the ships and I think it might be a glitch on my account? One of the neighbors ships is not showing up in my port and when he tries to skip me, it doesn't work-and it's been days. I'd like to help, but I can't click if I don't have the ship there. This glitch seems to have started after the two hour maintenance. I've tried clearing the memcache and rebooting. I've also tried different browsers and still cannot see his ship.

On a different note, I support the idea of selecting the neighbors who get the cargo on my own. I have some neighbors who choose not to move my ships but we do the cooperative quests. There are some neighbors who I have never seen on my ship list but they also do the quests and send daily gifts. It would be nice to send them the ships.
Hi SammieM,
For your neighbor's ship are you his 30th port? If so he will not be able to skip you. If you are not then please ask them what happens when they try to skip you. It would be better too if they were to post about the problem themselves in the Help & Support thread about the cargo ships. This way we could check on it.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 23 2017, 08:12 PM

Hi Taz,
My ship is stuck on his 16th port and it's been a few days. Could it also be a problem on my farm (and not his) since I can't see his ship to advance? Thanks
Old Jan 23 2017, 09:08 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammieM View Post
Hi Taz,
My ship is stuck on his 16th port and it's been a few days. Could it also be a problem on my farm (and not his) since I can't see his ship to advance? Thanks
Hi SammieM,
Is it his ship stuck in your port or your ship in his port? You have stated it both ways. If it is yours I don't see any of your ships in the 16th port.
If it is his ship then please have him contact Support about this. To contact Support click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/
You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 24 2017, 09:42 AM

Hi Taz,
Sorry for the confusion. I meant to say that my friend sent his ship to me, but I can't see it in my Seaport Manager. I will forward the information to him so we can get this straightened out. Thanks so much.
Old Jan 28 2017, 06:12 PM

This may not be the place for this, but there is already alot of unhappy farmers knowing the ship changes that are coming soon. Is the "Skip this port" option going away? From what I understand is that if the neighbor is not playing, your ship will stay stuck there till your week is up and come back with very little. I think this was a bad idea all together.
Old Jan 28 2017, 06:21 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicgirl View Post
This may not be the place for this, but there is already alot of unhappy farmers knowing the ship changes that are coming soon. Is the "Skip this port" option going away? From what I understand is that if the neighbor is not playing, your ship will stay stuck there till your week is up and come back with very little. I think this was a bad idea all together.
Hi medicgirl,
No where do the developers say the skip port is going away. The only change that is still in the works to be released is the following:
We will introduce a new preference 'Enable Ships' for the next release, that will allow you to disable your Ships and your Port. During that time, your ships will not advance and your port will not receive any ships from other players.
It doesn't say anything about the skip port going away.
They have already released the capability to change the order of your port list as well as the ability to replace up to 10 ports with other neighbors.
Old Jan 30 2017, 06:38 PM

Default Start Time Reduction to 20 Hours

Has there been any thought to reducing the 24 hours between start time for loading cargo ships to something like 20? Over a week my start time keeps slipping until I can not start in the morning when I am playing. 20 hours would avoid this constant slippage in start time.

Last edited by perryalexander; Jan 30 2017 at 06:43 PM. Reason: puntuation
Old Jan 30 2017, 07:16 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by perryalexander View Post
Has there been any thought to reducing the 24 hours between start time for loading cargo ships to something like 20? Over a week my start time keeps slipping until I can not start in the morning when I am playing. 20 hours would avoid this constant slippage in start time.
Hi Perryalexander,
Only the developers know what they are planning. They do not tell us anything beforehand.
Old Jan 30 2017, 08:25 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Talking

Thank you for making some adjustments to the cargo ships. I tried them once and found them to be a nightmare. Now that you have made a few adjustments things are much better.

I have 2 questions that no one has been able to answer.

1. How are the names generated for the ship log? Is it ft neighbors only or is it a combination of ft friends and neighbors?

2. When making making changes in you ship log and want to trade for another person how are those names generated? Is is just farm town neighbors or is it a combination of ft friends and neighbors?