Old May 20 2017, 05:52 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by xookeyd View Post
it is not working in any browser for me. It may have to do with my system. Does anyone have any ideas?
its the same for all of us, its probably due to facebook... if you read through other posts you will see that a lot have posted re this and I think the developers are looking into it.. when the mods are back on duty they may have more information, but at the moment its just a matter of wait and see...
Old May 20 2017, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Rae View Post
its the same for all of us, its probably due to facebook... if you read through other posts you will see that a lot have posted re this and I think the developers are looking into it.. when the mods are back on duty they may have more information, but at the moment its just a matter of wait and see...
It may have something to do with the latest version of Flash Player as well. Even though there are better alternatives to that plugin for developers to use and Farm Town is still called "Beta" it is several years old now. So using far less buggy development software would take some time. The last time Raul sent me a survey I suggested they start the process of switching to something else even though it would mean writing a whole other game. They could put it on other servers and then bring it online when it is ready.

Clear FT Cache
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

Adobe Flash Player Settings Manager (2nd tab from the right to delete all sites)
http://www.macromedia.com/support/do...manager07.html

Octalcore with 20GB of memory & Windows x64 is so righteous!
Old May 20 2017, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosek View Post
The mousewheel doesn't work for zooming out or in anymore when working in full screen (am on Chrome) this happend for some days ago - and is still not working... very annoying - and it takes out the fun of Farm Town having to push the "-" or "+" every time... PLEASE FIX THIS!!
It's also so in other games. It's most likely an issue relating to Flash Player, Facebook, or the Chromium kernel itself since the latest versions of other Chromium based browsers have also had it stop working in full screen.

Clear FT Cache
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

Adobe Flash Player Settings Manager (2nd tab from the right to delete all sites)
http://www.macromedia.com/support/do...manager07.html

Octalcore with 20GB of memory & Windows x64 is so righteous!
Old May 20 2017, 07:39 AM

Quote:
When I use the mouse when in Microsoft Edge it goes haywire. No matter which way I move it increases the size. I have rebooted my system and cleared both flash and internet cache. Is this just me or is it a wider problem?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosek View Post
The mousewheel doesn't work for zooming out or in anymore when working in full screen (am on Chrome) this happend for some days ago - and is still not working... very annoying - and it takes out the fun of Farm Town having to push the "-" or "+" every time... PLEASE FIX THIS!!
Quote:
it is not working in any browser for me. It may have to do with my system. Does anyone have any ideas?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Rae View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qivis View Post
It may have something to do with the latest version of Flash Player as well. Even though there are better alternatives to that plugin for developers to use and Farm Town is still called "Beta" it is several years old now. So using far less buggy development software would take some time. The last time Raul sent me a survey I suggested they start the process of switching to something else even though it would mean writing a whole other game. They could put it on other servers and then bring it online when it is ready.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qivis View Post
It's also so in other games. It's most likely an issue relating to Flash Player, Facebook, or the Chromium kernel itself since the latest versions of other Chromium based browsers have also had it stop working in full screen.
Hi gals and guys

I moved your posts to Dissplay issues thread, to keep them all in the same place.

I use Chrome as my browser and although it had a new update some days ago, it didnt fix the zoom problem.

As Raul said in his notes for the New Release for May, this problem has to be fixed by Chrome as it is also affecting other games, meanwhile if we want to work in full screen we need to use the "+" "-" for zooming in/out.

I will ask the other moderators about the browsers they are using to check if they are also affected.

LINKING YOUR FARM TO THE FORUM

SUPPORT TEAM

Granjera desde el 29 de Julio 2009
Old May 20 2017, 01:29 PM

Default Servers

thank you for the repl
Old Today, 08:08 AM

Default quest farm

Never mind. I was given the answer by a friend.

Hi, i know i have seen that we can set a farm as a quest farm so that no one will harvest them but i dont remember where i saw this.

Would someone please tell me how to do this.

Thanks so much,

Last edited by bllckbunch; Today at 08:13 AM. Reason: found answer
Old Today, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bllckbunch View Post
Hi, i know i have seen that we can set a farm as a quest farm so that no one will harvest them but i dont remember where i saw this.

Would someone please tell me how to do this.

Thanks so much,
Hi bllckbunch

To prevent someone harvest your crops, trees, etc.. you need to set your farm as Private. To do this, please click in your farm name and put a check mark for Make this a private farm option and then click the green tick to accept.

Designating a farm a quest farm prevents the Harvet All tools in the Facility Manager from harvesting the animal sheds on that farm. That way you can save the animal harvests on that farm for your quests if you need it. To use this function you need to have at least one of the Harvest Tools for the animals. It does not do anything for the crops and trees on that farm.

Milking Station
Shearing and Cutting set
Egg Collector
Manure Collector

LINKING YOUR FARM TO THE FORUM

SUPPORT TEAM

Granjera desde el 29 de Julio 2009

Last edited by marymarcel; Today at 08:26 AM.
Old Today, 04:28 PM

Default Flash Player Question

What will FarmTown do in the future with FlashPlayer? Will you transition to something else or will you continue to hold out and use FlashPlayer? Clearly it is reaching the end of a long life -- long at least for technology.

i would sure vote for changes to FarmTown that would allow me to play this on my tablet.

Tom Moulder
Old Today, 04:52 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmoulder View Post
What will FarmTown do in the future with FlashPlayer? Will you transition to something else or will you continue to hold out and use FlashPlayer? Clearly it is reaching the end of a long life -- long at least for technology.

i would sure vote for changes to FarmTown that would allow me to play this on my tablet.

Tom Moulder
Hi Tom,

The developers have stated in the past that if flash player was to be done away with they would have time to move the game onto something else.

You can play Farm Town on a tablet. You just need a browser that uses flash player like Puffin. You may need to look in either the App store or Play store, depending on which device you have.

Tags
arrange, color, delete, delete fb, display, display issues, dormant farms, empty market, expand screen, extended tool bar, eye, face book, farm name change, farm order, farm stats, farm stats window, farm town wall requests, farms, fish, flash, flash player issues, flash plug-in, green screen, hiring issues, lakes, magnified farm area, magnify, market, memcache, move farm, music, organize, photos, plug-in, ponds, quest farms, questions, quests, re start game?, reset tools defaults, screen size, screen view, servers, shockwave flash, sound, support, support needed, togle for sound, tools not showing, trees, vacation