Old Oct 26 2010, 01:04 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesac View Post
Very Civil indeed I too was "blown away" by the claim that FC needed to purchase all items was over a GRAND! Especially since I have many of those items and have not spent anywhere near that amount

To those of you who feel bad that you cannot or will not spend 45 farm cash on the new tools, don't feel too badly, I purchased the seeder, and DO NOT LIKE IT. It has a very bizarre way of reaching out and grabbing plots out of sequence if your rows are not perfect, I have had to delete random plots more than once. Say you are trying to plant down a row that has 2 missing plots on the left side, it goes over into the 5th row and grabs 2 plots and plants out of line.. VERY Irritating and I wish they had a try before you buy period because I wouldn't buy for this reason alone.

I agree .. all I bought was the seeder and it does plant 'out of square' not at all neat like the 3 x 3 ....

I am on a limited budget but I have spent real money to buy Farm dollars ... but I try to 'earn' Farmcash too ...

The EASIEST one was applying for a Discover card ,,, took 4 days but I got 254 Farmcash and I don't want or need the card , I intend on cutting it up and not using at all but getting that much Farmcash for 'free' was great ....

I have gifted factories to neighbors and enjoy the giving and the surprise they have when they get it .....
Old Oct 26 2010, 01:15 PM

I have a question about Flowers..the ones I have planted, take 4 days to grow to maturity...Can you tell me please, do they take 4 days to grow again, once I've harvested them..or do they grow over night?

I am not a forum Moderator, but happy to assist when I can

Toffee Farm

Old Oct 26 2010, 01:16 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Mags View Post
I have a question about Flowers..the ones I have planted, take 4 days to grow to maturity...Can you tell me please, do they take 4 days to grow again, once I've harvested them..or do they grow over night?
They will take that long again to regrow..
Old Oct 26 2010, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Not sure if this glitch was intended or not..... and not sure if it was fixed or not...

but

a while back a farmer posted (and other verified) that when your flower is full maturity and watered, you should "freeze it". This can only be done one plant at a time. Then you can harvest. And apparently when you refresh the game, the flower will be in full bloom again.

Not sure if that is still true, so you might want to try it ......

my guess.... the glitch was "fixed"

Original Set of Farms
Ache-n-back Acres
Ranchito Knotso Grande
Costaplenty Plantation
More Wine, Less Whine
Plantopia
Fattoria Sesto

Had to build a second set too....lol
Weed-em N-Reap Acres
Garden of Weed’n
Dave’s Ja Vu
Nopicky-Nomoney
Iowna Lotaland
Wurthdawait

Old Oct 26 2010, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double T Dude Ranch View Post
They will take that long again to regrow..
Thanks for your help.

I am not a forum Moderator, but happy to assist when I can

Toffee Farm

Old Oct 26 2010, 01:24 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneFace View Post
Not sure if this glitch was intended or not..... and not sure if it was fixed or not...

but

a while back a farmer posted (and other verified) that when your flower is full maturity and watered, you should "freeze it". This can only be done one plant at a time. Then you can harvest. And apparently when you refresh the game, the flower will be in full bloom again.

I think they fixed the freeze and harvest glitch as was causing problems and people were not getting coins for harvesting the frozen flowers.
Old Oct 26 2010, 01:24 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Thanks for your help.
You are welcome
Old Oct 26 2010, 01:32 PM

I don't know about the freezing part, but after I harvest my flowers, I immediately water them and then they come back and I can re-harvest. This is much easier than freezing since watering isn't done on a flower-by-flower basis. There are 2 caveats to this glitch:

1) As far as I can tell, your flowers need to have less than 3 water drops filled blue...in other words they can't be recently watered. When my flowers are halfway ready I will water them again, whether they need it or not. That way by the time they are ready for harvest, they are thirsty enough for the glitch to work.

2) If for whatever reason you refresh your farm or leave your farm and come back prior to rejuvenating your flowers for the second harvest, it won't work. For example, let's say I've harvested half of my flowers but don't want to wait for the harvesting and refresh my farm so that everything I already harvested is complete. Whatever you had already done will not rejuvenate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneFace View Post

but

Original Set of Farms
Ache-n-back Acres
Ranchito Knotso Grande
Costaplenty Plantation
More Wine, Less Whine
Plantopia
Fattoria Sesto

Weed-em N-Reap Acres
Garden of Weed’n
Dave’s Ja Vu
Nopicky-Nomoney
Iowna Lotaland
Wurthdawait

Old Oct 26 2010, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesdreher View Post
I don't know about the freezing part, but after I harvest my flowers, I immediately water them and then they come back and I can re-harvest. This is much easier than freezing since watering isn't done on a flower-by-flower basis. There are 2 caveats to this glitch:

1) As far as I can tell, your flowers need to have less than 3 water drops filled blue...in other words they can't be recently watered. When my flowers are halfway ready I will water them again, whether they need it or not. That way by the time they are ready for harvest, they are thirsty enough for the glitch to work.

2) If for whatever reason you refresh your farm or leave your farm and come back prior to rejuvenating your flowers for the second harvest, it won't work. For example, let's say I've harvested half of my flowers but don't want to wait for the harvesting and refresh my farm so that everything I already harvested is complete. Whatever you had already done will not rejuvenate.
Thanks, I will have to pass that info on to my spouse for her to try it out.

She is the one with lots and lots of flowers.

Original Set of Farms
Ache-n-back Acres
Ranchito Knotso Grande
Costaplenty Plantation
More Wine, Less Whine
Plantopia
Fattoria Sesto

Weed-em N-Reap Acres
Garden of Weed’n
Dave’s Ja Vu
Nopicky-Nomoney
Iowna Lotaland
Wurthdawait

Old Oct 26 2010, 03:57 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toranut97 View Post
This little "factoid" (bolded statement) blew my mind, so I did some calculating. As I am in the US, my calculations involved dollars.

Let us imagine a new player starting out wants to buy things with real dollars. Here is the FARM CASH cost for items that cannot be purchased with coin.

TOOLS
Solar plower, 4 x 4 45FC
Seeder 4x4 45FC
Harvester 4 x 4 45 FC
Fishing Boat 35 FC
Semi Truck 22 FC
Flower Harvester 40 FC
Mobile Sprinkler 45 FC
Log Truck with chainsaw 40 FC
Manure Truck 50 FC
Grand total for all these tools ------ 367 FC

FACILITIES
Stone windmill 32
Juice factory 28
Chocolate factory 30
Food Preserving Factory 30
Oil Factory 12
Confectionary 32
Sewing mill 30
Flower shop 25
oil refinery 32
wine cellar 30
seafood restaurant 32
fish farming plant 28
coffee and tea shop 33
cinnamon factory 27
bee farm 28
furniture factory 32
brewery 33
pasta restaurant 32
jewelry factory 30
spice factory 30
printing/packaging facility 32
ceramic factory 30
dinner restaurant 32
perfume factory 30
Chinese restaurant 32
Total for all Farm Cash facilities = 742 FC

GRAND TOTAL for all tools and facilities that are FC only:: 1109

Now, you can buy 250 FC for $39.99 (25.2313 British pounds)

So, by my possibly flawed calculations, you could buy ALL of these things for $177.40 (give or take) -- which is a chunk of change, but hardly "over a grand in real money!!!"

And -- very important to note: YOU DON'T HAVE TO HAVE A SINGLE ONE OF THESE ITEMS IN ORDER TO PLAY THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!! Work in a neighbor's facilities, you can obtain the raw materials you want. All the labor can be done with free or coin-purchased tools. The only exception is the manure spreader, but let's be honest, you can play quite well without that, too!!

Another forum poster said: "45 FC is a tad extreme don't ya think DEVS???? Yes I pad it for 2 tools and thought that was nuts. This game is getting to expensive to play now. "

No, the game is not too expensive to play. IT IS FREE!!!!!! You just have to shift your expectations and methods to suit your budget.

So I hope we can all take a deep, cleansing breath and not freak out over expensive tools. The farm coin tools and manual methods and helping one's neighbor still work very nicely, thank you.

There. I was civil, wasn't I?
you missed all the land upgrades, decorations, holiday items in fc
Closed Thread