Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Sep 19 2023, 08:39 AM

It is taking so long for the game to load these past days that I have to wait forever to work other people's farms to load so I can work facts. It is also the same to get into my farm. Thank you.
Old Sep 19 2023, 08:54 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty Underdahl View Post
It is taking so long for the game to load these past days that I have to wait forever to work other people's farms to load so I can work facts. It is also the same to get into my farm. Thank you.
Hi Betty,
I moved your post to the thread about the game running slow. There are many factors that can affect your loading times. Several suggestions are in the first post of this thread that can cause the slowdowns.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Oct 06 2023, 06:38 AM

Default Freezing

When I am in the quest site, everything freezes when I try to get into a facility. Also there is considerable lag while I am harvesting or plowing.
Old Oct 06 2023, 07:17 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblaine View Post
When I am in the quest site, everything freezes when I try to get into a facility. Also there is considerable lag while I am harvesting or plowing.
Hi cblaine,

Please try clearing your FT memcache. To do that Click Here. A window will open with a list of "unsetting", that is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another window. Then reload and see if that helps.

If you continue to have a slowdown after running that please click on this link to take you to the first post on page one and see if there is anything listed there that you have not already tried:

https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=504374

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Oct 23 2023, 11:30 AM

My game is taking far too long to load even after clearing the memcash etc. It also takes ages to switch from one farm to another and as I result I no longer have the time to plant crops etc. It is driving me crazy
Old Oct 23 2023, 11:47 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick jolly View Post
My game is taking far too long to load even after clearing the memcash etc. It also takes ages to switch from one farm to another and as I result I no longer have the time to plant crops etc. It is driving me crazy
Hi Mick jolly,
I moved your post to the thread about running slow.
There are suggestions in the first post on the first page of this thread about what can cause slow loading.
One of the major causes is how much layering you have on those farms. I have looked at several of your farms and you have waters all over plus crop fields in 9x9, plus trees and/or flowers and buildings layered on those farms. The more you have on a farm the slower it is going to be to load.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Oct 31 2023, 11:25 AM

I am not sure if this is the right place to put my little issue, as game is loading fine and is otherwise playing fine except for cursor stick-age, and drag, and lag in the cursor. Started earlier this week. Sometimes it doesn't want to go where I want it to. It is fine outside the game. I wanted to try a memcache clearing but can't find the link to do so.
Old Oct 31 2023, 11:32 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIAP27 View Post
I am not sure if this is the right place to put my little issue, as game is loading fine and is otherwise playing fine except for cursor stick-age, and drag, and lag in the cursor. Started earlier this week. Sometimes it doesn't want to go where I want it to. It is fine outside the game. I wanted to try a memcache clearing but can't find the link to do so.
Hi Riap,
That sounds more like a mouse problem rather than a game problem. I would suggest the first thing you try is restarting your computer. Also make sure you do not have a lot of tabs open in your browser that might be taking a lot of computing time as that can cause the mouse to lag.
The link for the memcache is in the following link:
https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=627590
I suggest once you have run it for you to bookmark it so you don't have to keep looking it up.
Old Oct 31 2023, 12:50 PM

Thanks Taz,
The mouse is working fine everywhere else. Just sticking and lagging inside the game so I wanted to try the memcache first. I am normally able to play the game with two browsers open, my main account and the one I manage, and also have my program files open that I am working on and uploading to publish, email and lord knows what else. But 1st thing in the morning I don't and that is when I do most of my quest farm maintenance and supering. Since this just started two days ago I wanted to try the memcache to see if that helps clear it. Hopefully it will.
I know it is not my computer's processing power even tho its an older computer it has just as much as my newer lappie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Riap,
That sounds more like a mouse problem rather than a game problem. I would suggest the first thing you try is restarting your computer. Also make sure you do not have a lot of tabs open in your browser that might be taking a lot of computing time as that can cause the mouse to lag.
The link for the memcache is in the following link:
https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=627590
I suggest once you have run it for you to bookmark it so you don't have to keep looking it up.
Old Oct 31 2023, 01:08 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIAP27 View Post
Thanks Taz,
The mouse is working fine everywhere else. Just sticking and lagging inside the game so I wanted to try the memcache first. I am normally able to play the game with two browsers open, my main account and the one I manage, and also have my program files open that I am working on and uploading to publish, email and lord knows what else. But 1st thing in the morning I don't and that is when I do most of my quest farm maintenance and supering. Since this just started two days ago I wanted to try the memcache to see if that helps clear it. Hopefully it will.
I know it is not my computer's processing power even tho its an older computer it has just as much as my newer lappie.
Hi Riap,
The only thing the memcache is going to do is to cause the server to reload your account information. It is not going to fix a mouse problem. Either it is the amount you have open and running at the same time or it is an internet slowdown because of a possible traffic overload on one of the many links between you and the servers.

Tags
slow, slow game, slow loading, slow running, slow saving