Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Nov 15 2017, 10:44 AM
Senior Moderator

Default Facility Chains

Facility Chains

The Facility Chains is a feature of the game where you will be able to create chains from your facilities to earn far more coins with facilities than facilities that are not part of a chain!!

The Facility Chains is available at levels 200 and higher.

You have from Monday 12:00AM up to the next Monday 12:00AM to add a chain. Not adding a new chain that week just means that you missed an opportunity to have another chain.

UPDATE on where the Export Products have gone July 4th,2022
Your Facility Chain export products have been moved to a new storage area.
You will no longer see them in your Harvest& Products section of Storage nor will you be able to see exactly how many you have. When you try to view them in storage you will be redirected to the Facility Chains Manager. In the Trade Products section of the Facility Chains Manger there is a Check Storage blue button top right that you can click on IF you want to see what products can be currently exported to your neighbors. It does not include items that can not be exported due to staging areas being full or those that can not be exported yet due to not being used yet. Details will be added to the Game Guide as soon as we have time.
Benefits of *Regular* facility chains:
(Regular facilities make products that can be stocked in Service Facilities to make more profit in coins)
  • Chains of coins regular facilities will generate 40% more production on top of what they are already producing which can be used for EXPORT when you start batches in them.
  • Chains of farm cash regular facilities will generate 80% more production on top of what they are already producing which can be used for EXPORT when you start batches in them.
  • The FREE EXTRA products generated from your chains when you start batches in them, which did not consume any of your ingredients to make them, cannot be consumed by your own service facilities.
  • Those extra products can be used to help your neighbours that may need help to stock their own service facility chains.
  • You can ONLY Export them to a neighbour who has a chain of the facility that can consume those products.
    Your Neighbours are those that you CAN see in your Neighbours bar at the bottom of the game screen.
    Friends that have you as their Neighbour but you do NOT have them as your Neighbour (you can NOT see in your Neighbours bar at the bottom of the game screen) can Export to you. You can Import from them to get more products for your own service facility chains BUT you cannot Export to them until they are also a neighbour for you.
  • Reward for Exporting - the Mayor compensates you with an extra 100% of the sale price of those products just for helping others!!

Benefits of *Service* facility chains:
(Service Facilities stock finished products that have been made and stored in Regular Facilities to make more coins when cashing out.)
  • Chains of coins service facilities will be 75% more profitable instead of the standard 50%.
  • Chains of Farm Cash service facilities will be 100% more profitable instead of the standard 50%.
  • Importing products can help you to stock your own Service facility Chains.
  • You can IMPORT products from a neighbour or a friend who has a chain of the facility that can produce them.
  • Even if you do not need them to get those facilities to 100% stocked, by importing them it allows you to restock those products more often which means even more profit when Cashing Out those facilities.
  • Imported products have the advantage that:
    you didn't have to spend time producing them

that they did not use any of your ingredients to make them and can help when you may be short on products needed to stock them

Any facilities you create a chain with in the Facility Chains Feature still produce the regular amounts you need for your facilities.

By entering them into the Facility Chains you are getting EXTRA product on top of those which you can Export or Sell within the Facility Chains feature.
The extra (export) products generated are pure profit and totally free as they did not use any of your ingredients to make them.

This link will take you to the Game Guide chapter 33 for more details and information about the Facility Chains:
https://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=658218

To post Suggestions or changes for the Facility Chains please click on this link and post your request there:
Facility Chains

Last edited by Taz D; Mar 19 2024 at 09:27 PM.
Old Mar 19 2022, 06:58 PM

Was so glad to see the Facility Chains back but they are not working correctly. When I see a green export button I can sometimes export and sometimes not. If it says a neighbour can import x number of items and I click the blue button, sometimes I get the message Exporting Items but no report of how many items were exported or how much I got paid. The blue button remains dark blue and the count remains the same. When I go back to the main window, the button for that chain is still green.

But sometimes it does work. I have exported quite a lot! But still it doesn't always work.
Old Mar 19 2022, 07:04 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqrl View Post
Was so glad to see the Facility Chains back but they are not working correctly. When I see a green export button I can sometimes export and sometimes not. If it says a neighbour can import x number of items and I click the blue button, sometimes I get the message Exporting Items but no report of how many items were exported or how much I got paid. The blue button remains dark blue and the count remains the same. When I go back to the main window, the button for that chain is still green.

But sometimes it does work. I have exported quite a lot! But still it doesn't always work.
Hi Sqrl,
When you click to Export the coins and number of products exported is in white letters floating and disappears in a couple seconds. You can also watch the total products to export and the amount will change.
If the buttons are not changing when you export try clearing your memcache and see if that fixes it. They are working correctly for me when I just tested it.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 19 2022, 07:08 PM

okay dokay back to the memcache!
Old Mar 23 2022, 04:40 PM

Hmm okay memcache worked for a while but if I click on products that haven't been exported and Exporting comes up but they are not exported, the problem returns and I have to run memcache again.
Old Mar 23 2022, 05:16 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqrl View Post
Hmm okay memcache worked for a while but if I click on products that haven't been exported and Exporting comes up but they are not exported, the problem returns and I have to run memcache again.
Hi Sqrl,
Please contact Support about this. To contact Support click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

If you are having a problem getting responses from Support please read the information in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644366
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 25 2022, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Sqrl,
Please contact Support about this.
I did contact Support, and the issue seems to be fixed now.
Old Mar 23 2022, 06:09 PM

Thanks Taz.
Old Apr 24 2022, 12:24 AM

I am not sure if I am posting in the right area. Today I loved at the items that were ready for me to import, I checked my status on the quantity I had and I was already at 100%. I did not need the items that were being offered to me, I do not know how many times I may have :bought" things that I did not need. Do we need to check each time? Looking forward to hearing from you.
Old Apr 24 2022, 05:03 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdsegida View Post
I am not sure if I am posting in the right area. Today I loved at the items that were ready for me to import, I checked my status on the quantity I had and I was already at 100%. I did not need the items that were being offered to me, I do not know how many times I may have :bought" things that I did not need. Do we need to check each time? Looking forward to hearing from you.
Hi pdsegida,

Full details of what the benefits are of creating a chain and why you should import/export are in the game guide Chapter 33 Facility Chains. There is quite a bit to read so you'll need some time to go through it all. Here's the link:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=632506

As an example:

If you own a service facility chain and you import products from your neighbours that are consumed in that service chain, although you pay regular price in coins for those products, not only did those not use your own ingredients to make them, they will be much more profitable to you when you stock them in your service chain and then cash out. This is because service facility chains are from 50% to 100% more profitable than service facilities that are not part of a chain.

So in this case even if you have more than enough products to fill the service facility chain once, it's still worth importing them as it means you could refill them more often making you more profit when you cash them out as it's part of a chain. By importing you are also helping your friends to also make extra profit.

If you found you had a considerable amount and were not likely to be able to use them fast enough, you can still help your friends by importing them and then make some coins back by selling a portion of what you think you're not going to be able to use quickly at market.

When you make a regular chain you get free extra production which are the export products. Those extra export products did not use your ingredients or cost you coins to make. When you export them you make an extra 100% of the selling price for exporting them. Even if you could not export all of the export products you have, and decided to sell some export products at market, you're still making a profit just by selling them as you were given the export products for free.

As long as you have enough coins to import you should do it when you can to help friends as there's always a possibility that if someone was not making any profit from a particular chain because they could no longer export, they can choose to delete the chain which would mean you would no longer be able to import from them to make your own extra profit in your own chains.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Tags
add chain, chain status, delete chain, export, facility chains, facility chains manager, import