Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Jul 11 2022, 11:37 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qivis View Post
Basically what I am saying is that I have encountered other people also being blocked by Facebook for posting their bonuses, ingredient requests, etc on occasions when many factories result in bonuses at once. The exact wording by Facebook is that such posts have been reported as abusive and they will not allow them. If more people get blocked in this way from posting anything - even complaining that they cannot post is being blocked - then the numbers will start to fall.
Hi Qivis,
The number of posts shown in the wall requests stays the same. If less are posted then the list goes back farther. That amount doesn't change.
If their friends are reporting those posts then they will get blocked. The better way would be to limit who those posts go to like their neighbors. That way others won't see them and report for to many posts of that nature. As the belts get earned and we get past the flood of posts for those then things will settle down and less will get blocked for the multiple posts.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jul 11 2022, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Qivis,
The number of posts shown in the wall requests stays the same. If less are posted then the list goes back farther. That amount doesn't change.
If their friends are reporting those posts then they will get blocked. The better way would be to limit who those posts go to like their neighbors. That way others won't see them and report for to many posts of that nature. As the belts get earned and we get past the flood of posts for those then things will settle down and less will get blocked for the multiple posts.
It happens each time a large number of bonuses are added due to the faulty algorithm, but it does not seem to happen to the same farmers every time. This is the first time it has ever happened to this particular farmer. He cannot post anything. If he mentions Farm Town, the algorithm blocks it. I meant that another of the farmers for which I have taken over cannot post even to complain about the Facebook algorithm saying he is posting too fast or has violated some non existent rule. And to think they prefer to be called Meta now! They cannot even get things right in THIS universe.

Friends don't let friends boot from hard drives! A real friend would recommend an SSD. Or better yet NVME.
Old Jul 11 2022, 01:47 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qivis View Post
It happens each time a large number of bonuses are added due to the faulty algorithm, but it does not seem to happen to the same farmers every time. This is the first time it has ever happened to this particular farmer. He cannot post anything. If he mentions Farm Town, the algorithm blocks it. I meant that another of the farmers for which I have taken over cannot post even to complain about the Facebook algorithm saying he is posting too fast or has violated some non existent rule. And to think they prefer to be called Meta now! They cannot even get things right in THIS universe.
Hi Qivis,
Just because you get a large number of new belts does not mean they have to be posted unless you have a shortage of the item. You will still get the increase in bonus batches even if you don't post them. Sorry but as I said already there is nothing Farm Town can do about this.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jul 12 2022, 07:31 AM
Account Not Linked

With all these problems with posting our bonuses and ingredient requests to our wall and then sharing them with others. Is Farm Town trying to stop this? I don't understand why I keep getting "broken community standards" by FB for posting to a group I ususally only make the one posting I don't post many as some people do.I have been doing this for a very long time but it's only recently this sort of problem has appeared

Having been blocked out of my account 3 times in the last week for which FB say my account has been accessed by someone but when going throught the motions of getting back on my account, it shows any farm town posts I have made to my wall and groups, stating if I didn't make them to secure my account.

I have sent feedback to FB about the postings. Clearly they are using some bot which is idenitfying them a spam or against community standards.

I have been playing farm town since 2009 and really do not want to stop playing as I enjoy the game. But when I have to get back on my account, all the games I have been playing of FB, including Farm Town have been removed, I then have to find them on FB and reload and accept permissions as they have been removed by FB. This is no fun I can tell you!

Part of the fun of playing this game is to get help with groups because if we didn't it would be really hard to play farm town. And to be honest I don't know what harm this does?

Is it possible for Farm Town to contact FB and tell them of the problems people are having with posting their bonuses and ingredients to their wall or groups, or do they not really care as it is in their interest not too?

Getting booted off FB is not a lot of fun and I am sure this is going to impact those playing Farm Town and leaving FB. It will effect numbers eventually playing this game. I have spent the past 13 years building up my farm and making neighbours and friends on it and I really do not want to lose it.

To simply say not to post these to groups which I have been doing for over 10 years is not really an answer or a remedy when I have not had problems in the past.

Thank you for your time
Old Jul 12 2022, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RozeeS View Post
With all these problems with posting our bonuses and ingredient requests to our wall and then sharing them with others. Is Farm Town trying to stop this? I don't understand why I keep getting "broken community standards" by FB for posting to a group I ususally only make the one posting I don't post many as some people do.I have been doing this for a very long time but it's only recently this sort of problem has appeared

Having been blocked out of my account 3 times in the last week for which FB say my account has been accessed by someone but when going throught the motions of getting back on my account, it shows any farm town posts I have made to my wall and groups, stating if I didn't make them to secure my account.

I have sent feedback to FB about the postings. Clearly they are using some bot which is idenitfying them a spam or against community standards.

I have been playing farm town since 2009 and really do not want to stop playing as I enjoy the game. But when I have to get back on my account, all the games I have been playing of FB, including Farm Town have been removed, I then have to find them on FB and reload and accept permissions as they have been removed by FB. This is no fun I can tell you!

Part of the fun of playing this game is to get help with groups because if we didn't it would be really hard to play farm town. And to be honest I don't know what harm this does?

Is it possible for Farm Town to contact FB and tell them of the problems people are having with posting their bonuses and ingredients to their wall or groups, or do they not really care as it is in their interest not too?

Getting booted off FB is not a lot of fun and I am sure this is going to impact those playing Farm Town and leaving FB. It will effect numbers eventually playing this game. I have spent the past 13 years building up my farm and making neighbours and friends on it and I really do not want to lose it.

To simply say not to post these to groups which I have been doing for over 10 years is not really an answer or a remedy when I have not had problems in the past.

Thank you for your time
Hi RozeeS

Im sorry this has happened to you but we cant do anything about this.

From time to time Facebook changes their security settings and that is what is causing this but we have no control on that.

When you post the bonuses and then you share them or copy them to a fb group or more than a fb group, it could make think Facebook that they are spam. It is due spammers try to post quickly to reach several groups, sites, etc in a very short time. Im sorry but the only thing you can do is wait for Facebook to lift the restriction.

As you have already contacted Facebook about this, if you wish you can also contact Support team to let them know about your problem.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/
Old Jul 12 2022, 08:45 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymarcel View Post
Hi RozeeS

Im sorry this has happened to you but we cant do anything about this.

From time to time Facebook changes their security settings and that is what is causing this but we have no control on that.

When you post the bonuses and then you share them or copy them to a fb group or more than a fb group, it could make think Facebook that they are spam. It is due spammers try to post quickly to reach several groups, sites, etc in a very short time. Im sorry but the only thing you can do is wait for Facebook to lift the restriction.

As you have already contacted Facebook about this, if you wish you can also contact Support team to let them know about your problem.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/
Thank you. I don't understand why I am being targeted. It's not as though I am posting loads of bonuses everyday. I see others posting farm more than I do. I only post the odd bonus now and again.

Thank you for your help
Old Jul 12 2022, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RozeeS View Post
Thank you. I don't understand why I am being targeted. It's not as though I am posting loads of bonuses everyday. I see others posting farm more than I do. I only post the odd bonus now and again.

Thank you for your help
You are welcome RozeeS
Old Jul 12 2022, 03:33 PM

A suggestion to possibly solve this massive bonus posting problem. Once Farmtown catches up on facility bonuses, how about this - we get new facilities every release. They have obviously not been put up for bonuses. Maybe on the next release, the new facilities from the last release could be the bonus facilities. Make this a standard with each release and we'll have a system that won't take up the bonus wall, and facility posts won't fall off about 15-20 minutes. Just a thought.
Old Jul 12 2022, 03:41 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJones277 View Post
A suggestion to possibly solve this massive bonus posting problem. Once Farmtown catches up on facility bonuses, how about this - we get new facilities every release. They have obviously not been put up for bonuses. Maybe on the next release, the new facilities from the last release could be the bonus facilities. Make this a standard with each release and we'll have a system that won't take up the bonus wall, and facility posts won't fall off about 15-20 minutes. Just a thought.
Hi NJones,
If you have a suggestion please post it in the Suggestions section where we organize them by subject for the developers to see.
Old Jul 15 2022, 09:28 AM
Account Not Linked

hi am just wondering about the scroll bar down the side of facility wall requests i have been having problems with it for last few days where it only shows a few posts when i know there is loads more posted and just refreshed the page now as i am helping people and now i can only see 4 people on it now i have cleaned everything out and checked updates and all is good have you any idea why this is happening thank you

Tags
can't post, can't work facs, can't work services, facility wall requests, news feed, other wall requests, posts not showing, wall requests