Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Closed Thread

Old Aug 03 2014, 12:41 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuleRomans View Post
I apologize if I missed a post. I did a search, and only turned up a message from 2011.

Using gift sites for fuel IS cheating-- correct? I have had many users contacting me through private messages and while I am on jobs to "encourage" me to use ftowngifts for fuel.

Sometimes they are pretty assertive. This last time, I directly asked if it was cheating, and the person said no. I was not convinced.

Just wondering if this should be addressed again? It is still considered cheating, right? Some other users, especially new ones, might be confused too.

Again, sorry if I missed this, I just want to be crystal clear and I don't want to cheat.

Thanks for your patience.
This is from the "Common Problems" section in the thread "Is it cheating?" thread:

Quote:
Gift links: These are not something the developers endorse either. Many have stated that if they did not like them they would remove them from Facebook. The fact is, the developers have no control of any Facebook page other than their own for this application. There were many reasons that the discussion board on their Facebook page was taken down and the constant posting of gift links was among the reasons.
It really hasn't been stated whether it is cheating or not, each person has to decide whether they want to use these kind of site for themselves.

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to post a link to your farm: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.
Old Aug 03 2014, 01:55 PM

Thank you. Yes, that is the one I read, too. I was uncertain how to interpret it. Thanks for clarifying.
Old Aug 03 2014, 01:59 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuleRomans View Post
Thank you. Yes, that is the one I read, too. I was uncertain how to interpret it. Thanks for clarifying.
Your welcome.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.
Old Aug 03 2014, 06:53 PM

I agree it's a personal decision.

Unfortunately with the huge number players from all over the globe I don't think the developers have the man power to police every player, to look into every single account and see if players are cheating in any way or doing things that the developers don't endorse, ie layering, using gift sites or whatever. I am in no way suggesting because of this that is is O.K. to layer or use gift sites or use other methods that aren't endorsed, just stating what is probably a fact..

The developers expect us to play the game in a way that is fair to everyone. For the players who don't, who make the game unpleasant for others by bullying, harassing other players etc. that is why we have the Report button to let the dev's know about that person and then they can take the appropriate action. If they had to look into every account they would have no time to create and add new features that make this game great.

Last edited by ccheney; Aug 03 2014 at 06:57 PM.
Old Aug 03 2014, 11:44 PM
Account Not Linked

To add to what the others have said...if they cared if you used them...they could make the links a 1 use thing,so that each gift would not be useable again...like in 99% of other FB games.The only thing I hate about those perma-links...someone can get to your FB profile using them.(I don't mean hack your profile...just go to your page)
Old Aug 05 2014, 02:26 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Default Animal Sheds

I probably shouldn't even ask but am going to anyway. What is this "overstuffing animal sheds" and how do you do it? I haven't seen anything come out in forum on it and just went thru what I thought would be the appropriate sections. Thanks for the info -- you guys and gals are ACES!!!

Visit 's Farm

DB:W200, MPS:F37
Old Aug 05 2014, 02:51 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnetimpeiro@msn.com View Post
I probably shouldn't even ask but am going to anyway. What is this "overstuffing animal sheds" and how do you do it? I haven't seen anything come out in forum on it and just went thru what I thought would be the appropriate sections. Thanks for the info -- you guys and gals are ACES!!!
It is a glitch that the dev's doesn't support and can't be discussed on how to do it on the forum.

Old Aug 05 2014, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnetimpeiro@msn.com View Post
Overstuffing refers to the animal sheds having more animals in them than the numbers than they are supposed to be allowed. And you're right. I am not supposed to tell you how any more than how to layer!

Clear FT Cache
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

Adobe Flash Player Settings Manager (2nd tab from the right to delete all sites)
http://www.macromedia.com/support/do...manager07.html

Thanks, Raul. I am about to join the 6 billion point club!
Old Aug 05 2014, 02:58 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

It sounded like something a little less than "legit" - just thought I'd ask (sometimes I miss things in the "newbie" items). I don't have enough animals anyway. So, thanks for the info -- I'm gonna go back and mind my own business now. :-) Have a great day!!

Visit 's Farm

DB:W200, MPS:F37
Old Aug 05 2014, 11:48 PM
Account Not Linked

Default snow

During the winter I put a snow cover on my farm and now I can't remember how to remove the snow and go back to grass. Please help!
Closed Thread

Tags
access, albums, als, android, animals, attn: taz or rob t, backup, bad players, billing, black fence, bonus, buddy list, can't post, carol barnett, choosing options to sell, confused, crops, dashboard, deactivate, deactivated farm, delete, disappearing farm, duplicate facility, facebook, facilities, facilities list, facility work, farm cash for help, farm town cash, farm town hacker, farmers helping, farms, farmtown, glitch, harvest, help and support, help me please, hire, hiring issues, hiring pop-ups, hiring questions, home page issues, ideas., invite absent farmers, issues in market, issues on fb, layer, layer plow, layered, layered crops, layered farms, layers, lost account, lost everything, lost farm, lost levels, magnified farm area, making a suggestion, market, market is empty, messages, missing facility, missing farm, moderators, music, my request, non ingredients, permission, photo's missing, pictures of farms, plowing fields, privacy, private message, privileges, question, questions, raised, report, request friend to work, save, scam by game, security threat, select, selling, selling half not working, selling products, sort, store, suggestion, suggestions, super neighbors farm, support, support help, support needed, tickets, toolbox, tools, tools not working, tracks, train