Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Mar 23 2010, 12:55 PM

Send a message via ICQ to mst

How do you sell what the facilities produce??
Old Mar 23 2010, 01:19 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb NZ View Post
You must have the dairy shed on the same farm as your cows is this what you have?

The problem was that I didn't own any cows or goats. Once I got a cow, the system began to work.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Mar 23 2010, 01:24 PM

Default Semi-Automatic Flour Production

EUREKA!!! [I think]

I figured out how to keep my stone windmill in semi-continuous production. I had a batch processing and decided to see what would happen if I clicked on "Start Production" while the mill was already working. Voila! 10 units of wheat went into "Pending" and one XP popped out! So I added a few more. I now have 35 units pending, one in production, and one produced (in addition to what I have already produced). Now to just figure out how much wheat I can add to pending before the mill either grinds to a halt or eats my wheat without making flour!

Farm? Not Here!!
~ Gateway to My Agricultural Empire ~

Farming Since 26 September 2009
Level 1175 & Rising

Am I addicted to Farm Town?
Old Mar 23 2010, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drop73 View Post
I am a level 80 farmer in FarmTown. I calculate what is the best way to make money with the various crops, trees, and animals. I have what is called a "daily yield ratio" figure by which I'm able to determine what is the best use of my time, land, and money to invest in. The recent Facilities updates that use Cow Milk are simply not worth the time.

The reason I say that is because by the time you divide the number of units (20 units & 6 units respectively) it takes to create one unit of Butter or Cheese, you lose money in the process of doing so. In order for your unit cost to beat selling the Cow Milk itself directly, Butter would need to sell at $2041 per output unit (currently at $140 per output unit), if you had 20 cows. Or if you wanted to to sell Cheese you would need to sell each Cheese unit at $625 per output unit (currently at $600 per output unit), if you had 6 cows. So don't waste your time trying to produce butter and cheese. It will put you behind.

However, if you have at least 8 goats, it it still worth your time to produce Goat Cheese. The Sugar production from Sugarcane is definitely worth your time.
I am also a level 80+. I think you're using the batch and unit numbers incorrectly. Each milk harvested will produce one batch of whatever you're producing. So, if you have 4 cows your 4 harvested milks are enough for 4 batches of butter or 2 batches of butter and 2 batches of cheese, etc.

The way I figure it I don't agree.. You can harvest your milk 3 times per day but let's assume for this discussion that you do it just once per day. You would make 35 coins on each goat milk and 30 coins on each cow milk if you sell them with no production.

If you produce butter with the cow milk you can produce 1 batch/20 units per milk harvested and collect $140 in coin for each batch. The dairy facility will allow you to produce the butter every 30 minutes or 48 batches per day. Those 48 batches of butter will pay you $6720. You also receive 1 XP when you start production and another when you move to storage (I believe that's correct). If sold as milk the 48 would pay you only $1440 in coin. You come out $5280 ahead by processing butter. You could do this with only 16 cows if you harvested them three times per day or 24 cows if harvested twice daily. Twelve cows on each of two farms isn't too many.

If you have only one cow and harvest it only once per day you will have enough milk for 1 batch/20 units of butter. That butter will pay you $140 in coins and 2 xp's where the direct sell of the milk is only 30 coins. Where do you say you come out behind?

You can process 8 batches of goat milk per day and 4 batches of cow cheese per day. Butter and goat cheese are the way to go but a little cow cheese is good if you start getting too far behind on production of butter.

The goat milk processed as cheese is an even better deal. With 8 batches processed per day here's how I figure it... 8 batches times $960 per batch nets you $7680 per day in coin. If you sold the milk directly you'd receive only $35 per milk for a total of $280. You come out $7400 ahead per day. It would take only 4 goats, harvested twice daily to have enough milk for maximum production.

My numbers will become invalid and the take will increase when they allow for the faster production soon.

You comments? OR comments from others?

Waterfall Orchard
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?farm_id=1633494858
Fully decorated farms on #1 and #11

Retirement Dream
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?f...00000263088048
Fully decorated farm on #1

Last edited by janisko; Mar 23 2010 at 01:51 PM.
Old Mar 23 2010, 01:45 PM
Account Not Linked

I will sell my facility. Not worth the worry trying to find out how to use it and when I ask some seem very upset with me. Oh well, I don't need the headache along with everything else.
Old Mar 23 2010, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gb momamia View Post
I have grown wheat and sugar cane...now I click on the factory after I open it and it says... produce and all, but where can I "see" what is actually happening? What do I look for after the required time is up? I guess I just don't understand
Click where it says 'what's cooking'. That opens a new tab and shows you how your products are progressing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mst View Post
How do you sell what the facilities produce??
Once they're at 100% under the 'what's cooking' tab, you click to send them to storage, and then sell them at the market place like any other harvest.
Old Mar 23 2010, 02:29 PM

After reading all of these questions and problems (repeated time and time again by different posters) that have been answered time and time again (some of you people that answer questions five times over without blowing a gasket are amazing), I have started thinking that my computer must have been blessed by a higher power and that I am a lot smarter than I give myself credit for. I had been away for a few days and didn't learn about the new facilities until yesterday; I have already purchased and put the facilities in to use and have produced and sold product ... all with no problems or disappearing act by anything and it was all so simple that I didn't even have to hunt for instructions on how it worked. My only reason for visiting this forum was to see the inevitable complaints on the new updates and to see how many people complained about it not working before they bothered to actually play with it for a while or read the instructions before coming on here to say it doesn't work.

I was pleasantly surprised to find the number of people that were actually happy with the upgrade, and join them in saying GREAT JOB FARMTOWN ... You have once again given me reason to spend more time playing this game than I should and although I know that I should be spending the time on the treadmill or something, I am really enjoying all of the wonderful changes that you have been making. Keep up the good work
Old Mar 23 2010, 03:01 PM

Send a message via ICQ to mst

How do you sell the items from the faclitites??
Old Mar 23 2010, 03:37 PM
Account Not Linked

I must be honest I found this all very confusing but i kept coming back to the forum and now understand how everything works loving all the new things and a BIG THANKS for all the hard work that is put into Farmtown
Old Mar 23 2010, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deanna J. Lloyd View Post
EUREKA!!! [I think]

I figured out how to keep my stone windmill in semi-continuous production. I had a batch processing and decided to see what would happen if I clicked on "Start Production" while the mill was already working. Voila! 10 units of wheat went into "Pending" and one XP popped out! So I added a few more. I now have 35 units pending, one in production, and one produced (in addition to what I have already produced). Now to just figure out how much wheat I can add to pending before the mill either grinds to a halt or eats my wheat without making flour!
I put 970 wheat fields in my Stone Mill this morning and it's working fine. Enough for two days of production.

I put 1710 sugar cane fields in my sugar refinery yesterday and it's working as well. That's about two weeks worth of production.

I've got enough goats milk in the dairy plant to keep it going for two days and I'm adding to it as I can harvest milk.

I don't think you can overload these things. I just keep clicking until I run out of wheat, sugar, or whatever in storage. It give me the xp's and starts working.
Closed Thread

Tags
facilities