Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Dec 24 2009, 10:39 AM
Account Not Linked

Question Avatar teleporting

"A new version was released an hour ago, it is very similar to the way it was before, and at some times it will be even faster as the avatar is still teletransported when is working on close fields",

The problem with this new version that I am experiencing is that while clicking...I end up constantly clicking ON MY OWN AVATAR! and it keeps telling me>>>wait I'm busy therefore delaying the harvesting or plowing.

Also, the server boots me off while I am in the middle of harvesting or plowing job>>>connection to server has timed out<<< we can't be on the server more than 5 minutes? How are we supposed to accomplish anything if we don't have time?

Thanx
Lady Midnight.
Old Dec 24 2009, 10:42 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I am having the same problem with the plowing as ccalby.. i click on the plots and i get maybe 5 or 10 the rest of the workers goes over mine . i plowed way over half the fieldss and lose all of them but a few..

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 24 2009, 10:43 AM
Account Not Linked

I agree with you Kracykatz999 I lOVED the old version. This new version is ver frustrating.

Lady Midnight
Old Dec 24 2009, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPOTSROCK View Post
all ready done is an issue now.. wasn't before...
Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherfarmer View Post
I have to get this out, i really HATE this all ready done ****, what a waste of time ..........
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac22 View Post
Get rid of "already done" IMO that results in more lost coins. (and thanks for everything you do.) Enjoy Christmas. We can all live with or without FT for a little bit longer. Enjoy the holidays.
Before, if the plot had already been harvested by someone else, they got the coins/points for having done it and you didn't. Since there was no notification given, people felt that they were harvesting/plowing and not getting credit for it. Now it tells you that it has already been done so that you will not expect credit that you are not going to get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPOTSROCK View Post
we can harvest a wee bit faster BUT if we have to jump to the other side of the field.. we still have to wait for the aviator to go under / thru and around before we can continue to harvest .. by the time aviator is there.. someone else harvested the field...
This is necessary for the stability of the program because the way it was before was causing problems as two (or more) people would reach and click on a plot simultaneously without any way whatsoever of knowing that another user was trying to click on the same plot. They have "fixed it" so that this will happen much less frequently. As long as you click on plots that are in near proximity of your avatar, you should not need to wait until the avatar reaches the location.

It should also be noted that the way it was for the majority of the life of the game you always had to wait until the avatar reached the plot you were trying to work on and often - no matter whether that plot was right there or not, the avatar would go on a "walk about" all over the farm to get to the plot that they were right next to!! Count your lucky stars that they have gotten THAT fixed!

Last edited by Wild; Dec 24 2009 at 11:13 AM.
Old Dec 24 2009, 11:06 AM

Thumbs down Harvesting but need more fuel

Quote:
Originally Posted by anstar View Post
I could have sworn I posted about this but it's gone now, so I'll try again.

Regarding the fuel tank...
Once upon a time, you could plant, harvest, whatever and once you ran out of fuel, it would not let you perform said function anymore. You would get a notice saying you were out of fuel. I don't get that notice anymore. I can click merrily along, planting my entire farm and then if I do run out of fuel, the avatar keeps moving along, but instead of planting, I get the 'need more fuel' notice each time. You can't refuel while it's doing this either. If you try, you get a pop up that says you are still busy working the farm.

Could we please return to the original?
Same thing is happening to me. Please return to the old method of not being able to continue until we have refueled.

Thank you.

Happy Farming my fellow farmers
Autumn

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...89&ref=profile
Old Dec 24 2009, 11:10 AM

Angry More and More Problems Grrrrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rendezvous Ranch View Post
Got jipped from coins again!!!

This is something I ask you developers to look into:

I was hired first to harvest at someones farm. Being there ahead of time gave me the opportunity to click away. Thus, I ended up having twenty or so plots in que. Moments later, someone who was hired after me shows up, clicks on the same plots I already had in que, and he ends up getting credit for it. I don't think this is right, as it should be whoever clicks on the plot first, shall get the coins.

I experienced the same thing, thought i was hired solo, clicked away plowing then hit save. All of a sudden another farmer appeared and was clicking away on what i had just plowed. No i did not get an "Already Plowed" message. Then the other person got all the xp's and i got nothing. This game is no longer fun. It has gone from bad to worse. Why can't this be fixed? I have had problems since the beginning of December and they are not getting any better.
Old Dec 24 2009, 11:12 AM

The glitch with the seeder is very annoying. I never know when I've "really" run out of fuel. I have to stop, refresh and see how many gallons I have.
Old Dec 24 2009, 11:20 AM

The top post of this thread has been edited. Please take another look for the important information posted there which may help to improve your game experience with this newest release.
Old Dec 24 2009, 12:11 PM

It's working much better for plowing and harvesting. I had a problem hiring, but once I got that done, everything else (that I've tried) works very good. Thanks for the update.

One note for the people talking about the avatar being 'too fast', skip a row occasionally so he has to walk a little and it'll keep him out of the way. you'll learn.
Old Dec 24 2009, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richwe3 View Post
Same thing is happening to me. Please return to the old method of not being able to continue until we have refueled.

Thank you.
I think what you say is strange, you always could keep right on clicking and couldn't refuel 'til it caught up'

the way around that was to just visit a neighbor and return, it would be caught up and you could refuel. you can still do that. experiment sometimes.
Closed Thread