Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 23 2009, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild View Post
You are absolutely right that the update was not put into place to "level the playing field", but to address the XP/coin issue and that many seem to be missing that point (or they just don't care because they weren't losing XP/coins).

However, I do not believe that you are correct in saying that the majority of people did not like the update or that the update should be rolled back because of the "outcry".

As a player since the first month that the game was released, and as one of the first mods added when they added mods to the forum, my experience tells me several things:

1) Those with complaints about changes/upgrades/ etc are MUCH more vocal about telling the developers about their displeasure than those who like the updates/changes and happily go off farming and enjoying the game.

2) While the forum is here to collect data from the players and the developers have ALWAYS been VERY responsive to the feedback and suggestions that they get, there are those who scream, "I'm quitting" at the drop of a hat rather than offering constructive feedback. Ironically, most do not. They either get used to the "new way" and decide that they actually like it more once they give it a chance, or they take a "leave of absence", go try out some of the other games out there and eventually return because Farm Town offers a level of social interaction that other games do not and because the developers here are always making more and more changes and making the game better.

3) The XP/coin problem HAS to be addressed and this was/is a viable solution to the problem with very little downside.

4) Limiting the number of people who can be hired is NOT a viable solution and WILL cost the developers droves of loyal, long time players who play the game for the social interaction (which is what separates us from "the competition") because they have - since the very beginning - liked being able to hire GROUPS of friends to do "harvest parties" and such. THOSE players are the ones who will stick around - as long as that part of the game is not taken away from them. Those who are only concerned with "getting it done fast", earning points and coins and leveling up will be the ones who will leave ANYWAY because there will never be unlimited levels and enough new stuff to buy to keep them engaged. They will "finish" and then move on to something else.

5) ALL of the people out there using cheat programs (bots) to do their farming WILL hate this new, latest release because it will prevent them from using those programs (which are in violation of the game's TOS anyway).
Hear Hear!!
Known Issues

Please Manually Link Your Facebook and/or MySpace Farm

Then Go Here: OFFICIAL THREADS
Help & Support
Suggestions

Please Read & Follow instructions in the first post as well as include the Server # in your post
(You can find this when you enter a new room - written in red)

Old Dec 23 2009, 10:10 AM

I do not like the idea of only one person harvesting/plowing, because it will greatly minimize the available jobs.Not only will it decrease available jobs, there are some days where i just don't want to click ALL those squares and want help. I think that there should maybe be 2/3 people.
Old Dec 23 2009, 10:11 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Have they reverted the plowing and harvesting back to the old way yet?? haven't been to the market to find out... not looking forward to finding out that way lol ..... thanks

GOD Bless The USA

Level 600, Farmer since June 2,2009

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.

╰⊰⊹✿Dεsidεяαtα✿⊹⊱╮

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?f...00000233351452

(link below not mine)
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 23 2009, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyHallow View Post
Have they reverted the plowing and harvesting back to the old way yet?? haven't been to the market to find out... not looking forward to finding out that way lol ..... thanks
as of your post they have not changed it back yet. but the day is still young.
Old Dec 23 2009, 10:16 AM
Account Not Linked

MY HATS OFF TO THE PROGRAMMERSThis new format is great
I've posted a number of times recently about trashers coming into farms and hygrading or just randomly clicking all over the place including right where your working, even if theres a ton of other field
As Little Hos Stated
Quote:
It just takes a bit of Skill, Co-Ordination and Stratedgy
I've noticed these "Trashers" are having a heck of a time in a field because they can't just randomly click all over the place with out having to wait for their guy to catch up if they jump more than one square at time
Theres nothing that's going to be fool proof, and there are always going to be people that whine over the smallest changes or perceptions they have
This board is full of those people (I've read quite a few on this thread alone)
I would preffer to have a few glitches and keep the TRASHERS at bay than to go back because a few people don't like change
I will put it out there for those who absolutely HATE CHANGE and constantly whine about it...
!!!Get a checker board!!!
Old Dec 23 2009, 10:17 AM

It's wrong for people to assume that those who do not like the old, old way are greedy, inconsiderate, selfish, jump all over the place, don't give it a chance, etc, etc!
I always harvest/plow in a straight line preferably top to bottom, left to right. Jumping around is a waste of time and inefficient due to the erratic cursor movement. I try to go to an unused area and not to crowd anyone out.
If I feel there are too many workers I just thank the farmer and leave...there's always another job.
I try to be polite and considerate even if others are not. Sooner or later you will run into that person again. Plus, it pays off because people ask to be buddies or neighbors and that makes it more fun and interesting.
Yes, I have a good computer and pretty fast connection which I sacrifice to pay for, so why should I be penalized for those that do not (particularly if they are content to work at a slower pace)? "Equalizing" the playing field is like "dumbing down" our public schools...playing to the lowest common denominator shouldn't be the goal, but to encourage improvement even if it is "just a game"!
For me the issue is time...I work, commute, have family, etc. and already put many hours into this...if some "improvement" adds more time commitment I just may not be able to continue even though I enjoy it very much. I'm sure there are lots of other people in the same boat.
So please, THINK, before you spout off about the rotten characteristics of your fellow farmers...

Roozter

Default Today, is the first day, I do not like Farm Town

I started playing months, and months ago. I have my addiction to this game at an acceptable level. lol I have continued to enjoy it more and more as the game has been given updates such as; being able to harvest and plow faster rather than having to wait for each field to complete before moving on. ( This is what happened today when I got on today)

It's to slow.... I found with the new changes it offered me the opp to play and not be stuck at the game for hours and hours. I still played but enjoyed not being stuck at one field for 1.2 hr or more. The was the game was a few days ago was awesome.

You won't be able to please everyone, but we as farmers should be able to decided if we want to hire 1 person to harvest to hiring 6. Same goes with plowing. I should be able to decide how many I want to hire or not. Those who don't like to work with more than themselves are selfish for not wanting to share the work and should let ppl know in the market that they prefer to work alone. That will solve thier problems.

Oh,, one more thing. I would love to be able to have the option to fire people one you hire them. Some are very selfish and make it difficult for others once on the field. Just a thought. It's a game, and in games sometimes you die, so I think it's only fair that you can be fired. lol let's try it out. Please, please put the game back to how it was 2 days ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyHallow View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efwis View Post
as of your post they have not changed it back yet. but the day is still young.
A word of caution here.... they did not say that they WERE going to change it back, they said "most likely we will be reverting to the old version" and since making that announcement many more have expressed the desire to leave it the way it is, so we are not sure what will happen at this point.
Old Dec 23 2009, 10:18 AM
Account Not Linked

I fully concur with sassy kathy. she couldn't have said it any more eloquently. new harvest+plow=bad, hiring up to farmer, you can get stuck with some real slooughs that way, though i usually use my buddy list.
thank you for a great game, and thank you for heaaring us. look forward to getting on later (as of right now it's the same) and finding it back to it's previous state.

thank you very much and happy holidays!!
Old Dec 23 2009, 10:20 AM

I like the older version yea even with this new one you just did there still was the ones doing all over the place but the older version even though for some reason mine was slow and till the coins caught up with the harvest i had to wait for it to switch over to plowing oh well i would rather have that. This new one is terrible slow especially the plowing one at a time. Dont know what the answer is seeing you have a small farm and they hire like 10 which is rediculous so i just leave they need to realize you dont get anything extra for hiring that many. Maybe limit it but not to 1 or 2 maybe more but not 10. Why cant you figure out why when we harvest it has to wait for the coins to catch up before it switches over to plowing!
Closed Thread