Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 25 2016, 09:35 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I think our own ships should also be accessible from the seaport manager, so that we don't need to go to the farms they're on in order to check their status.
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 25 2016, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Rae View Post
to my understanding, this happens when you don't have that person as a neighbor but they have you as one.. the game recognizes this and the ship will get worked just by you opening the Seaport Manager.
ahhhh! ok, that is good then, so by opening the Seaport Manager as I do, that is doing the trick. Excelllent, do not want to hold people up. Thank you
Old Dec 25 2016, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auntie Al View Post
I am very confused about these ships. What is a Port? How do we know what ports we have? I have few neighbors and many of them are inactive, so I don't think this would pay off. There should be a way that ships are only sent to active players.
Hi Auntie Al

Sorry for the delay to get back to you.

When a neighbor dispatch a ship, that ship gets 30 ports to visit, so they will visit 30 neighbors.
If a neighbor sent you their ship, you will see a number on your yellow tool box and also after clicking in it you will see the number on the Seaport manager icon which is just above the Facility manager in your yellow tool box.

You click in the Seaport manager and you will see the picture of your neighbor and their ship, click in Enter ship button and then in Load Products button till the picture and ship disappear. That way you loaded the products in your "port" and the ship can move to the following neighbor/port.

If you dont have many active neighbors then perhaps it is time to look for new ones, you can post a request in the following thread:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=391198
Old Dec 25 2016, 10:48 AM
Account Not Linked

My neighbor has tried to load one of my ships 3 times and it is still at her port. Plus, I have had several times that the tool box says I have ships in my port but when I open the manager there is nothing there.
Old Dec 25 2016, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan View Post
Here's a suggestion - not 100% thought out but you'll get the idea and if you like it, can tweak to suit:

I think it would help to consolidate EVERYTHING into one tool - probably the Seaport Manager since that's a tool we can put in the bottom toolbox for easy access/visibility. Then we'd have tabbed screens on that one tool - one for Ship's Containers, one for Ship's Logbook, one for neighbors ships that are in your port.

The Ship's Containers and Ship's Logbook tabs would have an extra step in them because you'd have to click a picture of the ship first (yellow, pink, blue, whatever). Once you did that, it would open to what we have now. That way, we can access all ships we have launched from one place and we can work everything pertaining to ships from our toolbox without having to navigate to the farm where each ship is unless we want to. We can still do it the way it is now (i.e., go to the farm) and work each ship separately - no need to change what we have now - this is an added feature that would help, I think, for those of us who are hoping to have all 7 ships launched at all times AND be able to provide quick turn-around to neighboring ships that land at our ports.
I have another idea for the consolidated tool: Make the Ship's Containers landing page into a 2-column table. The first column lists each ship the person has purchased. The second column has its status. For a ship that's currently being loaded, the status of that could be displayed - maybe number of containers already loaded plus time remaining on the current container being loaded. The status of a launched ship would show which port it's in. You click anywhere in the row to pull up the Ship's Containers page we have now to allow you to actually work the ship. Right now, we have to navigate to the farm, then click on each ship separately to get this info. With the consolidated tool, we could see each ship's progress at a glance on that one landing page - and if we have the tool in our Toolbox at the bottom, we wouldn't even have to navigate to a farm.

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Dec 25 2016, 11:48 AM

Default Santa leaves coal if you've been bad, Slashkey ships!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWheezer View Post
I agree with you, it is not worth the coins I paid for the 7 ships plus the fuel lost to load them. My first ship is still on dock #1 after 23 hours.
Mine got dispatched by the first port in minutes, now it's been stuck for 12 hours in another. Not COOL! I suggest the devs go back to the drawing board on this feature. It's like the Grinch stealing Christmas and not a great new feature and certainly not worth the time and energy required to load.
Old Dec 25 2016, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kymstacey View Post
My neighbor has tried to load one of my ships 3 times and it is still at her port. Plus, I have had several times that the tool box says I have ships in my port but when I open the manager there is nothing there.
Hi kymstacey

Please tell your neighbor to click in Seaport Manager and they will see your photo and your ship, they have to click in Enter Ship button and then click in Load Products button till your photo/ship disappears.
Old Dec 25 2016, 02:48 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by perryalexander View Post
Mine got dispatched by the first port in minutes, now it's been stuck for 12 hours in another. Not COOL! I suggest the devs go back to the drawing board on this feature. It's like the Grinch stealing Christmas and not a great new feature and certainly not worth the time and energy required to load.
Love the way you said it I relate,and agree!
Old Dec 25 2016, 03:57 PM
Account Not Linked

My first ship I sent out has been stuck at port 3 for 1.3 days now
Old Dec 25 2016, 03:59 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

This is what I am posting, customized so only the person involved will see it, for help with the ships.. its been working so far..
SHIP AHOY!! my ship is in your SEAPORT MANAGER, in your ft toolbox, please Enter that ship, then click fast about 10 times to Load it with products supplied by the Mayor, and it will leave for the next port. Now if you don't see any ship when you open the SEAPORT MANAGER, it means you don't have me as a neighbor but the game will recognize this and send the loaded ship on its way to its next port, thank you.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Closed Thread