Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 23 2009, 04:09 AM
Account Not Linked

A job well done, the new update is great. If the developers let themselves be pushed around by a few unhappy players then that's just to bad. It seems everyone who is complaining is complaining about the speed. I've had more compliments about my speed tonight than ever before. The speed has not changed at all and now you have to make every click of your mouse count. You have improved the game for the masses and that's who the game is for right?

It will be a mistake if you go back to the way it was before 12.22.2009. With this update you have leveled the playing field and made the game more challenging and interesting. Do you want FT to be fair and challenging, the same for everyone or is the game for the few who wine the loudest. The new update does take the hop-scotchers out of the picture, some folks call them harvest hogs or plow pigs. We all know who they are, they don't know how to have a strategy with the game. The new way you had better have a strategy or you will work your way in to a corner and take forever walking to get to your next plot to harvest or plow. If the developers spend some time in the markets listening the players they will see some complain sure but the masses are still playing the game, just like before. As a matter of fact there happen to be more new names in the marketplace tonight. Raul, this game is for everyone, not just the whiners who can't really play. Make every mouse click count, have a strategy and really learn how the game works, not just wildly clicking here and there. If other games were that way think of the chaos it would cause in a shooters game, or any game for that matter. Leave the new upgrade the way it is if you really want the game to be for the masses, for the every average person who wants to play it.

I've only been able to score about 500,000 coins tonight and about 7,000 XP points. It is just like any other night if you really want to play. Give the new system an honest try before you cave in to the whiners. You've got millions of players, don't make a decision for everyone on what a few dozen have to say in this forum.
Old Dec 23 2009, 04:10 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyHere View Post
"Hello Farmers! In order to minimize lost XP/coins we did some changes to the way the game works when you are hired, but we are restoring the old version sometime today due to popular demand. Thanks."

I'm here BEGGING that the old version NOT be restored...it's so much easier & faster the way it currently is & harvesting & plowing is so much faster & easier on the wrist too...PLEASE do NOT revert back!!!!!
You have this option even if/when it is rolled back to when it actually worked for the majority of players.

On your menu option for "Preferences", you may put a check mark in the box that reads, "Wait for each plow/plant". That will give you the same sensation and experience! Win/Win!
Old Dec 23 2009, 04:16 AM

I really don't care. I do want to be guaranteed my XPs and coins so, I guess I would prefer the new version. However, take away the picture of what I am planting. Good grief. THANK YOU FOR A GREAT GAME!
Old Dec 23 2009, 04:18 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa_Guy View Post
A job well done, the new update is great. If the developers let themselves be pushed around by a few unhappy players then that's just to bad. It seems everyone who is complaining is complaining about the speed. I've had more compliments about my speed tonight than ever before. The speed has not changed at all and now you have to make every click of your mouse count. You have improved the game for the masses and that's who the game is for right?

It will be a mistake if you go back to the way it was before 12.22.2009. With this update you have leveled the playing field and made the game more challenging and interesting. Do you want FT to be fair and challenging, the same for everyone or is the game for the few who wine the loudest. The new update does take the hop-scotchers out of the picture, some folks call them harvest hogs or plow pigs. We all know who they are, they don't know how to have a strategy with the game. The new way you had better have a strategy or you will work your way in to a corner and take forever walking to get to your next plot to harvest or plow. If the developers spend some time in the markets listening the players they will see some complain sure but the masses are still playing the game, just like before. As a matter of fact there happen to be more new names in the marketplace tonight. Raul, this game is for everyone, not just the whiners who can't really play. Make every mouse click count, have a strategy and really learn how the game works, not just wildly clicking here and there. If other games were that way think of the chaos it would cause in a shooters game, or any game for that matter. Leave the new upgrade the way it is if you really want the game to be for the masses, for the every average person who wants to play it.

I've only been able to score about 500,000 coins tonight and about 7,000 XP points. It is just like any other night if you really want to play. Give the new system an honest try before you cave in to the whiners. You've got millions of players, don't make a decision for everyone on what a few dozen have to say in this forum.

Wow. Have you seen this thread?
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=285086

A "few winers" (whiners)? You represent the "masses"? Please! Get real. You have the option of using the "new" method. It is in your Preferences Menu!

Last edited by Sapai; Dec 23 2009 at 04:35 AM.
Old Dec 23 2009, 04:19 AM
Account Not Linked

Default bugs

Thank God you are going back to the old way. Just a game and you can't please everyone all the time. Why make things slower and harder to work....sheesssh thought I was gonna get carpal tunnel just trying to harvest for someeone.
Thanks!
Old Dec 23 2009, 04:22 AM
Account Not Linked

Wink Old version is better.

Please do not limit the number we can hire. Many of us use the game to chat with friends while we work the farms.
Old Dec 23 2009, 04:33 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapai View Post
Wow. Have you seen this thread?
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=285086

A "few winers" (whiners)? You represent the "masses"? Please! Get a clue. You have the option of using the "new" method. It is in your Preferences Menu!
you just don't get it do you, what a waste.
Old Dec 23 2009, 04:41 AM

Hi,

My 2 cents worth! Lol!

In the queuing version….

* I only lost xp/coins when I got a server timeout - to avoid this I would avoid having too many plots queued and save regularly (although sometimes you couldn't avoid it which was frustrating!)
* Coins/xp would finish tally while there was still about 50% of my "queued" plots still on screen. Once "pending changes have been saved" came up I knew I could leave (not sure why so many people couldn't understand they were not losing coins!)
* Only real problem I had was this mean I missed out on ploughing A LOT cause I would have to sit there for ages waiting for coins to finish adding on before the game would let me leave (even accepting plough offer did nothing, just sat there til coins finished!)

In the reverted / old version ...

* Harvesting one plot at a time is working quicker than before queue was introduced, my mini is moving a lot faster between plots, causing less "wait I'm busy" and i do love the fact that strategy is back! Hopefully it will hold up those who randomly click plots everywhere getting in the way of my nice neat lines lol
* I could be totally wrong…. But in my memory, you could always queue ploughing when working for others, didn't we have to wait to harvest each plot but you could plough a lot then duck to real estate and all xp/coins would be added at once? I am not that happy now you have to plough plot by plot it isn't worth the time for the coins lol

Thoughts / comments …

* The new "already done" feature that is still happening now is useless, as coins/xp are still tallying behind what you are doing, I finished harvesting with coins/xp still adding (all plots on screen harvested) and then had to sit there while "already done" message came up around 30 times!

* the harvesting tool icon is just a little big now LOL

* People should be able to hire as many workers as they want. Collision still happening with single plot ploughing, and always will because rude players don't look what others are doing. If I get hired and there are already a large number of people, I just say ty and leave.

* I would prefer single plot ploughing over server timeouts, but maybe there could be a compromise put in place, allow queuing but restrict the queue?? eg, you can click on 20 plots, but until those are done you can not click on any more.

* This is a game, but not a competition like someone else suggested it was, kick back, relax and enjoy.

* I also think it is worth remembering that whilst this isn't a charity and I presume Slashkey are making some reasonable coins themselves (lol ) that there isn't any need to be rude in the forum!

On a side note….

I love FT and all the new releases, but I truly believe there should be no more new releases until the memory leakage issue is fixed. I think there would be less collisions, already done etc if the screen was updating in real time, the constant split second freezes (or worse complete freezes) mean you never actually see what is going on correctly on the screen. A flash based game should not be bleeding so much and pushing upwards of 500,000k virtual mem. (Probably result in less angry posts as well!)

Thanks to the Devs and Forum Gatekeepers, I know you cop a lot of **** from people!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

---------------------

The Wooooooot Estate

*Waiting on my farmcash to arrive so i can get my 2nd farm... that is my xmas hols taken care of lol*

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience"

Last edited by angeskye; Dec 23 2009 at 05:06 AM. Reason: adding my signature block info since it just won't display lol
Old Dec 23 2009, 04:48 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

When i had to refresh after being hired for a job and never arriving at the job I just got this message on my game screen:

Hello Farmers! In order to minimize lost XP/coins we did some changes to the way the game works when you are hired, but we are restoring the old version sometime today due to popular demand. Thanks.

Wow they do listen to us now don't they..... YAY!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul View Post
Hi There,

We have been monitoring you feedback and most likely we will be reverting to the old version early tomorrow and try to find a better compromise.

One of the alternatives that we considered was to only allow one worker harvesting and one worker plowing on your farm at the same time. This was also suggested by several other users on the other thread, however we thought that was going to be even more problematic.

Please provide some feedback about this other alternative on this thread, or if you rather prefer the way it was before, unlimited hiring, faster work but more potential for collisions and lost coins/XP.

thanks

--Raul

GOD Bless The USA

Level 600, Farmer since June 2,2009

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.

╰⊰⊹✿Dεsidεяαtα✿⊹⊱╮

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?f...00000233351452

(link below not mine)
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 23 2009, 04:49 AM

Raul,
Thanks for hearing us. While you had to endure a lot of **** from folks ranting, there were some valid points, and you saw that. Good for you. Instead of only getting to hire one person, maybe a ratio of people to the number of developed squares. If you have 576 squares (full 24x24 farm) developed, then 3 people max, 100 or less 1 person. This would allow a farmer to move on. If you just hire one person for the big farm and they are a slowbie (some are and thats ok) you would have to wait a half hour for them to finish?
I do think it is necessary to be able to fire workers. Once they are on your farm they can do whatever, and be disrespectful, and you have no recourse. I would love it if you could fire, and then when you are in the market, hover over applicants and see their 'rating' Hire/fire ratio
Thanks again for hearing us.
Closed Thread