Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 30 2009, 10:43 AM

Maybe the only way they can fix it is to go back to what so many complained of in a few short hours and they don't want that onslaught from the folks.
Old Dec 30 2009, 11:56 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

[quote=jeannieb;2961654]Maybe the only way they can fix it is to go back to what so many complained of in a few short hours and they don't want that onslaught from the folks.[/QUOTE

Things may be getting better. I've done lots of jobs this morning and only disconnected once which is a record of late. I can harvest at my normal rate. I have to watch the plowing though as the server will time out in a New York minute.

I think I'm beginning to understand the Already Done thing. We whined A LOT about missing coin and Xp so with the Already Done we are able to see exactly where we wasted our time doing something someone else has already done. Therefore no more whining about being cheated. It serves as an explanation as to why we didn't get the coin or xp for plowing.

----------------------------------------------------------------

You know you are a beta tester when updates come out and they don't work.
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 30 2009, 01:41 PM

Level:
XP:

Today I spent about 5 min. harvesting and 30 min. waiting for the coins to collect. didn't get many all I got was the message "already done" and I could see the other person going over where I had been. I really don't want to complain because I enjoy the game so much. But before Though My avatar was way behind me at least I got credit for what I had done.

Visit 's Farm

Old Dec 30 2009, 02:05 PM

Level:
XP:
Default Already Done

I am tired of that happening to me as well... Also I am very aggitated at having to wait FOREVER for all the coins and XP points to add up long after I am through with a job.... PLease put it back the way it was before all the NEW CHANGES that took place not too long ago....Thanks.. for helping making Farm Town fun to play....

Visit 's Farm

Old Dec 30 2009, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelleyl View Post
Use the SAVE button!
I do use the SAVE button!
Old Dec 30 2009, 02:36 PM

i am so sick of being hired,wasting my time harvesting only to find i got very little for my efforts cos of the already done sign that scrolls up,its a total waste of anyones time and effort.How come farmville has so many more interactive things and animated things yet still have 95% less problems than farmtown.They dont keep telling you to waste even more time by un installing and re installing flash ect or emptying cache ect and yet no problems over there at all,only down side is no chat and no hiring others to harvest / plough but i supposed i can live without chat if im going to get around farming and not waste time.
Old Dec 30 2009, 03:27 PM

Default Harvesters keep going invisible

Anyone experiencing this? Now that I have a 2nd farm I keep having farmer-harvesters disappear while they work. Difficult to hire for plowing when I can't see them. Never had the problem before; would appreciate advice beyond "refresh".
Old Dec 30 2009, 03:54 PM

Level:
XP:

i JUST WITNESSED THE "THEFT" THAT EVERYONE HAS BEEN TALKING ABOUT.

I went to a farm to plow. I chose to go to the far upper left corner of a fairly large farm to start plowing. I plowed about 100 plots and waited to see what would happen. I got no credit for them at all. My avatar was so slow that by the tme it got there even though the squares were barred where I had done them, someone else had replowed my plowed squares and got full credit for them. When the avatar finally got there the Already Done went off on every last one of them.

I've been trying to be upbeat about all of these problems all day today but now I'm just plain p&ssed off.

Some posters think the problems are "fun" and look forward to them. Some have threatened to leave which I'm sure nobody that has anything to do with developing FT cares a twit about. Personally I don't like it AT ALL!!

Why, why, why will the developers and programmers not make the points collect and come from the avatar like before?? That way we at least get what we worked for. There are times when I get so angry I just start scatter plowing hoping to aggravate enough players so that they will complain. That way I get a PM from somebody and I can really vent my feelings directly.

----------------------------------------------------------------

You know you are a beta tester when updates come out and they don't work.
Visit 's Farm

Old Dec 30 2009, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwhit73 View Post
In regards to the "already done", I have been getting this too but even before the update was done I still had the same type of problem. When harvesting/plowing with others, I would click a bunch of squares, only to find that after a little bit, a large number of the squares weren't giving me money or points even though I had clicked a bunch of them. What I realized is that I wasn't getting credit for them because someone may have clicked them after me, but because of server lag, they got the credit for those squares first and I got nothing. The only difference now is the "already done" message makes it more obvious to people that they aren't getting the coins or points. This server lag seems to be worse now since the update. I can harvest someone's farm but the points/coins will keep adding for nearly 3 or 4 minutes after I am done, and the person for whom I am working does not see the field as done until I have collected all my coins/points.
For this reason, I think it's better not to get too far ahead of your avatar. I'm having the same problem and I hope it can be fixed soon, but until then, I refuse to get that far ahead of my avatar. Maybe this is a temporary fix at least...
Old Dec 30 2009, 04:03 PM
Account Not Linked

It appears from the past couple of jobs I've done that the coins are being paid on the hash mark and not when the avatar gets to the square. It still takes a little time for them to roll out. Too soon to say definitively. If true, that is going to be a big improvement, and should at least cut down on the "Already Done" thefts.

I am having people disappear while harvesting on second farm also. I cleared Firefox twice and ended up using IE to go back and hire them to plow.

@ capricorn - if they implement a pay to play system, I am due a couple months free play due to the cash I've invested in Farm Cash. I've already paid.
Closed Thread