Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 29 2009, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostersonabike View Post
Raul, I have done as suggested above. I am still getting work done, seemingly before others who appear (to me)to come along later, and then I lose it to them - just getting "already done" when the counter (not my avatar which is always well behind my cursor) "hits" those squares. This did not happen before your latest update, ie before, I could see what had been harvested/plowed in real time, and they could see my work. I dont even bother to stay now to work with others because I know half of my effort will be wasted
I just seem to be "out of synch" all the time and its so disappointing.
I also like to report, as others, chat room problems all as described and inc my words not being posted at all.
I know you will work hard to sort this out now Christmas is over.
Thank you
Not sure if this is official or not, NO silly me of course it isnt official skashkey communication, THEY HAVE NO TO THE PLAYERS. I thank you for the effort, as I have already said, if they bothered to contact those willing to help, then we would not be typing into this forum, the answers are out here in the player world, many of us have the skills and the knowledge of the problems. I teach this stuff at University level, slashkey needs to drop the Bill Gates method of system testing and put some real effort into their work, something they will take pride from, stop floundering around and using us as your testers.[/quote]

I sure hope the devs listen to you and get help because you are right. Don't know why they "upgrade" to a "downgrade" they just really screwed up this game and I think they need outside help from someone like you. Doubt if they will listen though!!!!!!!!!!
Old Dec 29 2009, 10:24 PM

Fairly new to posting at the forum but I have played for quite a while.
I have to say I prefer the rollback to the upgrade... but I cant stand this already done ****.!!

Why cant we have the plowing done in real time so we can see what is or isnt done while we are working. If this doesnt change soon im sorry to say I will probably dump the game which is a pity.

Its no longer the fun game it used to be
Old Dec 29 2009, 11:16 PM

In regards to the "already done", I have been getting this too but even before the update was done I still had the same type of problem. When harvesting/plowing with others, I would click a bunch of squares, only to find that after a little bit, a large number of the squares weren't giving me money or points even though I had clicked a bunch of them. What I realized is that I wasn't getting credit for them because someone may have clicked them after me, but because of server lag, they got the credit for those squares first and I got nothing. The only difference now is the "already done" message makes it more obvious to people that they aren't getting the coins or points. This server lag seems to be worse now since the update. I can harvest someone's farm but the points/coins will keep adding for nearly 3 or 4 minutes after I am done, and the person for whom I am working does not see the field as done until I have collected all my coins/points.
Old Dec 29 2009, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illumi View Post
As I said, I like the new upgrade and have had a chance to try the new upgrade just about 30 mins ago.
Yes the harvesting and plowing goes fast, but the adding of exp/coins is after getting really slow...20+ mins for a farm depending on size eventhough i finished the job in 5 mins. I got to hang around for 15mins or more just to wait for the exp/coins to add.
And if im on a farm with more than one person harvesting most of the plots show ALREADY DONE. And I have to hang around just to see every plot tell me its already done for another 15- 20 mins. With the old version it NEVER took this long for the coins/exp to add up. The amount of times im getting booted since the upgrades is well...many many times. I havent been booted in ages. Please roll it back and limit the hire to 1 for harvesting and plowing as you suggested earlier.
Thanks for trying to make this game more enjoyable for us all....It just didnt work with this upgrade.
I rarely had problems with the last version, and it has never been so slow in adding exp/coins.
Try using your save button.
Old Dec 29 2009, 11:23 PM

Thanks for the fix!!! Mine works wonderfully! Just a suggestion to those having problems....I switched my browser to Firefox some time ago and clean by browser and flash player caches daily and I don't get much in the way of glitches on any app. I also use my save button regularly during harvesting and plowing. After all, the save button is there for a purpose, right? No Problems here, everything work great!
Old Dec 29 2009, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwhit73 View Post
In regards to the "already done", I have been getting this too but even before the update was done I still had the same type of problem. When harvesting/plowing with others, I would click a bunch of squares, only to find that after a little bit, a large number of the squares weren't giving me money or points even though I had clicked a bunch of them. What I realized is that I wasn't getting credit for them because someone may have clicked them after me, but because of server lag, they got the credit for those squares first and I got nothing. The only difference now is the "already done" message makes it more obvious to people that they aren't getting the coins or points. This server lag seems to be worse now since the update. I can harvest someone's farm but the points/coins will keep adding for nearly 3 or 4 minutes after I am done, and the person for whom I am working does not see the field as done until I have collected all my coins/points.
Use the SAVE button!
Old Dec 29 2009, 11:43 PM

Default Hi

Im getting the same prob where there is more then 1 person harvesting or plowing time my av get there it say's already done can you put it back to the old way please
Quote:
Originally Posted by illumi View Post
As I said, I like the new upgrade and have had a chance to try the new upgrade just about 30 mins ago.
Yes the harvesting and plowing goes fast, but the adding of exp/coins is after getting really slow...20+ mins for a farm depending on size eventhough i finished the job in 5 mins. I got to hang around for 15mins or more just to wait for the exp/coins to add.
And if im on a farm with more than one person harvesting most of the plots show ALREADY DONE. And I have to hang around just to see every plot tell me its already done for another 15- 20 mins. With the old version it NEVER took this long for the coins/exp to add up. The amount of times im getting booted since the upgrades is well...many many times. I havent been booted in ages. Please roll it back and limit the hire to 1 for harvesting and plowing as you suggested earlier.
Thanks for trying to make this game more enjoyable for us all....It just didnt work with this upgrade.
I rarely had problems with the last version, and it has never been so slow in adding exp/coins.
Old Dec 29 2009, 11:46 PM

Thumbs down upgraded-still loosing coins/xp

My first post-Raul, GREAT game. But why change it when it was working fine 2 versions ago? I've NEVER lost coins/xp until tonight. I've been offline since the dec 23rd update.
Prior to dec 22, i could click my fields, and then leave, even though my avatar was still chugging along. Then, when I got to whereever, the Market, or my farm, I'd get a little message above my avatar with like "+ 455 coins" or "+ 155 XP". It would just sum up what I'd earned at the job I was on.
Now, after testing it tonight, I find that I have to STAY at the farm until my xp/coins stop increasing. IF I leave early, as I used to, I LOOSE them.
I did the upgrade as you suggested. Please tell me what else, besides wasting time waiting at a farm, I should do.
Thank you!
lvhuskies
Old Dec 29 2009, 11:48 PM

Default Hi

I agree the game is'nt so much fun now cos when u harvest or plow time ur av gets there it say's already done and other ppl get the coins instead of me pleaseeeeeee put it back to the old way thank you
Old Dec 30 2009, 12:01 AM
Account Not Linked

I agree, the "Already Done" is very frustrating. You do a whole harvest. then get nothing for you effort.
I too, have done the upgrades that you suggested. I am still getting the messages.
I am still getting "Server Timed Out". I find it interesting that I can play on farmville, country life, sorority life and never get "Timed Out" .
They are all on Facebook. Why does just this game time us out ?
Closed Thread