Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 24 2009, 08:30 PM

All I can say is WOW when it comes to this new release. Talk about a step BACKWARDS!
My New Years resolution was to find a way to slow down on my time in Farm Town or maybe to stop all together... Thanks team for giving me my resolution early.
Did anyone think about Internet Connection speed and reliability, and latest flash player as being part of the problem ? I never had the issues described as why you needed to do this upgrade(Downgrade!)

While we are at it .... Level 60 as the highest level ??? WOW!
Old Dec 24 2009, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anstar View Post
I could have sworn I posted about this but it's gone now, so I'll try again.

Regarding the fuel tank...
Once upon a time, you could plant, harvest, whatever and once you ran out of fuel, it would not let you perform said function anymore. You would get a notice saying you were out of fuel. I don't get that notice anymore. I can click merrily along, planting my entire farm and then if I do run out of fuel, the avatar keeps moving along, but instead of planting, I get the 'need more fuel' notice each time. You can't refuel while it's doing this either. If you try, you get a pop up that says you are still busy working the farm.

Could we please return to the original?
I noticed the same problem with the fuel today. I had already clicked ahead a bunch and it kept letting me do it then it started saying out of fuel each time until it caught up to where I had clicked and the fields reverted back to plowed. I couldn't refuel until it caught up to my clicks.
Old Dec 24 2009, 08:49 PM

Angry

Before the Dec. 22nd change I never had a problem, never lost coins or xp points. Then the 12/22 disaster. Now with the latest change, I can harvest really fast, but when they hire me to plow right after harvesting, it just says I'm busy and won't let me plow. Happened on 3 large jobs. I'm giving up. It's not fun anymore.
Old Dec 24 2009, 09:19 PM
Account Not Linked

As always it was working great until you "fixed" it.
Old Dec 24 2009, 09:25 PM

I posted once before on this thread but I am posting again. It has become so bad that I can not harvest if other people are also hired. I harvest over others' work, I can't tell that I am....I am quick so I do not know why I only can harvest a little? Others can't tell either so we are all clicking away and then waiting for the Already Done that shows up way too late. It then slows the ability to get rehired to plow. I actually like this game, but will be getting more of my "real" work done now since I can't play. I try to do one or two jobs, but mostly I just click and get stuck. Merry Christmas everyone.
Old Dec 24 2009, 09:28 PM
Account Not Linked

Default @ KrazzyKats999 & @ Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazykatz999 View Post
I probably don't have anything new to say, but I figured I'd weigh in on this update debate.

As the one hiring, if I want to switch my employees over to plowing, it is nearly impossible to click on them. I often find that all the fields are harvested, but the avatars are still jumping all over the place.
There is a solution for this situation, if your game is running the same as mine. When you 'put down' (click green walk) the harvesting or plow tool, the avatar reverts to a walking movement. It halts the jumping bean motion. However, I think this may be why my avatar stalled out on field #1 of 4 while plowing, because I have a habit of switching to green walk after I've marked all the squares. So use with discretion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild View Post
Before, if the plot had already been harvested by someone else, they got the coins/points for having done it and you didn't. Since there was no notification given, people felt that they were harvesting/plowing and not getting credit for it. Now it tells you that it has already been done so that you will not expect credit that you are not going to get.

This is necessary for the stability of the program because the way it was before was causing problems as two (or more) people would reach and click on a plot simultaneously without any way whatsoever of knowing that another user was trying to click on the same plot. They have "fixed it" so that this will happen much less frequently. As long as you click on plots that are in near proximity of your avatar, you should not need to wait until the avatar reaches the location.

It should also be noted that the way it was for the majority of the life of the game you always had to wait until the avatar reached the plot you were trying to work on and often - no matter whether that plot was right there or not, the avatar would go on a "walk about" all over the farm to get to the plot that they were right next to!! Count your lucky stars that they have gotten THAT fixed!
I think what we are saying is that the same thing is happening. Even after Farmer A has clicked a square, Farmer B can still click the same square. "Already Done" is not mentioned at the time of the click, but rather when it actually reaches the plot in question.

This can possibly best be seen while plowing a layered square. Every plot that is clicked registers a hash mark; the avatar approaches the plot and crosses over it making it appear plowed. After passing over, the "Already Done" message is given, and in the layered case, the plow markings 'lift off' at the same time as we are told it was "Already Done". There is no advance warning. You will click it, your avatar will walk there and cross the square, and THEN are told, sorry, wasted your click and your time walking over here. It's gone. Result; no points.
Old Dec 24 2009, 09:30 PM

I've done alot of harvesting ,plowing & planting on farmtown.I have more than 2 mil ex points,$50 mil in coins.Having said that,this game still isn't as fun as it was before the HORRIBLE changes.Planting & harvesting are still slower. PLEASE get rid of those ****ed oversized seed bags & that oversized harvester.They really are VERY clumbsy features that slow the planting & harvesting process! The only thing that helps make plow still fun,Is if you're hired twice,only the arrow appears thus eliminating that clumbsy square which makes plow faster & easier.
Old Dec 24 2009, 09:43 PM

PreUPDATE, if I did not get the coins and the plot switched to harvested/plowed, I had the sense to figure SOMEONE ELSE GOT TO IT FIRST. I never sit and watch my coins or exp go up...sheesh - I am too busy playing. Less fun now means back to POGO???
Old Dec 24 2009, 10:19 PM

ALREADY DONE.....

Just want to chime in that I am also having issues with this. All the time spent clicking....I can save the game a thousand times and those plots still look like they are mine....but noooooooooooo....someone else's avatar always seems to creep over and steal the glory.

Usually happens when someone hires a group of people for a job almost like one steals the bandwidth to the game....sucks up all the speed....and the rest of us are left in the dust....

Would be nice if the game would update as soon as the coins and xp go up on each plot instead of depending on the avatar to show us what is what....

Thanks for listening....

Peace out
Old Dec 24 2009, 10:20 PM

Angry More collisions and no pay

I have been playing thru all this commotion with the game........i have found now not oly does it count way way too slow but there is more collions then ever. At least before when ppl ran over before it was done counting you both got paid for it now you spend all that time clicking and when it gets there to add it says already done....now i am loosing way more money then i ever have playing this game and i am not a begginer.........i am level 54 i have worked very hard at this game and now it going to garbage and you dont make any money to do anything........please try to do something about this as its been a few days now and i am about to give up this game due to all the frustrations!!!!!!
Closed Thread