Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Jan 10 2017, 06:20 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilda jean ellis View Post
the ships weren't to bad to deal with till you took away the ability to load all 10 cars.so since you have removed that option,as soon as my ships return they will go into storage and remain in storage until you give us something to load all 10 containers at once.I love this game but I will not sit here 10 hours a day to load the ships.I have super neighbor farms to tend to and not gonna leave their farm every time to go back to mine to load a container I would be setting here 24 hours and that is not gonna happen.y'all really needed to think this through a lot more than you did.sorry but that is my take on these ships,and if y'all don't do something quick to fix this you are gonna have more ships in storage than you are going to peoples ports.mine has already dropped from around 50 a day down to about 25.so if that's not telling you something you need to replace some folks on the development team.
Hi hilda jean ellis,
I moved your post from suggestions to the general feedback thread about the cargo ships as you did not make a specific suggestion.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 10 2017, 06:41 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

the 24 hrs between starting prep on containers in a new ship is out ... yesterday I started on a ship at 12.15pm today I cannot start until 1.07pm that is more than 24hrs. When I first started with the ships, the starting time was originally around 8am.. its now dragged out to 1pm... my clock etc is correct..
Old Jan 10 2017, 06:45 PM

Thumbs up Ship not worth the hassle

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilda jean ellis View Post
the ships weren't to bad to deal with till you took away the ability to load all 10 cars.so since you have removed that option,as soon as my ships return they will go into storage and remain in storage until you give us something to load all 10 containers at once.I love this game but I will not sit here 10 hours a day to load the ships.I have super neighbor farms to tend to and not gonna leave their farm every time to go back to mine to load a container I would be setting here 24 hours and that is not gonna happen.y'all really needed to think this through a lot more than you did.sorry but that is my take on these ships,and if y'all don't do something quick to fix this you are gonna have more ships in storage than you are going to peoples ports.mine has already dropped from around 50 a day down to about 25.so if that's not telling you something you need to replace some folks on the development team.
1000s feel the same way. A friend let her ship go the system, 7 days, it came back with a whooping 45,250 products. CAN YOU SAY DRY DOCK!
Old Jan 10 2017, 08:15 PM

I'm afraid the ships are not worth the hassle. I don't have 10 hrs every day to sit around and wait to prep containers. as soon as the two still out come back, they are going into storage. After all the uproar about ships being stuck, FT should have also re-thought the amount of time it takes to load a ship.
Old Jan 11 2017, 04:42 PM
Account Not Linked

This thread is about the CARGO SHIPS

Whoever designed the rules of how the ships works did not think it out clearly! First, I do want to say that it was nice that they can be purchased with coins. But the rules are a disaster.... Second, why didn't you have an OPT OUT option for those who do not want to play the ships? You did for the Funeral Home Facility. Third, we get punished for "skipping" even if it sat at a port for 1.5 days. How is that right? We get punished just because the person is not sailing our ship. They may be on vacation, may work, some people 2 jobs, have to sleep and eat.

Forth, Who has time to sit at the computer and load containers for 10 hours?Now that you have taken away the ability to load them faster by opening tabs. I can almost bet that you will come out with an expensive Farm Cash tool to load the containers that most people will not be able to afford including me!

With this being said I will be putting my ships in storage until we can load containers within an hour (without) having to buy a Farm Cash Tool. Also, being able to send the ships to who we want.

This is a game. But is becoming more and more aboutMONEY! This should be relaxing. You should not be stressed out about buying Farm Cash to play a game. It is hard for some people to even feed their family these days

I hope what I have written here you will take into consideration and get Farm Town people playing more. Many of my neighbors have quit playing because it cost more than they can afford.

Thanks.

Teresa
Old Jan 11 2017, 05:16 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TERESA0320 View Post
This thread is about the CARGO SHIPS

Whoever designed the rules of how the ships works did not think it out clearly! First, I do want to say that it was nice that they can be purchased with coins. But the rules are a disaster.... Second, why didn't you have an OPT OUT option for those who do not want to play the ships? You did for the Funeral Home Facility. Third, we get punished for "skipping" even if it sat at a port for 1.5 days. How is that right? We get punished just because the person is not sailing our ship. They may be on vacation, may work, some people 2 jobs, have to sleep and eat.

Forth, Who has time to sit at the computer and load containers for 10 hours?Now that you have taken away the ability to load them faster by opening tabs. I can almost bet that you will come out with an expensive Farm Cash tool to load the containers that most people will not be able to afford including me!

With this being said I will be putting my ships in storage until we can load containers within an hour (without) having to buy a Farm Cash Tool. Also, being able to send the ships to who we want.

This is a game. But is becoming more and more aboutMONEY! This should be relaxing. You should not be stressed out about buying Farm Cash to play a game. It is hard for some people to even feed their family these days

I hope what I have written here you will take into consideration and get Farm Town people playing more. Many of my neighbors have quit playing because it cost more than they can afford.

Thanks.

Teresa
Hi Teresa,
I have moved your post to the general feedback thread about the cargo ships. If you have suggestions for changing the way the ships are controlled then please put those in the Suggestions section. You can not start a new thread in that section, but you can reply to a thread that fits your suggestion.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 11 2017, 06:23 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by TERESA0320 View Post
Third, we get punished for "skipping" even if it sat at a port for 1.5 days. How is that right? We get punished just because the person is not sailing our ship. They may be on vacation, may work, some people 2 jobs, have to sleep and eat.
Not to play devil's advocate here, but it only makes sense if you bypass a port, you won't get any goods from it. It's not like someone's throwing your cargo overboard. You just didn't pick up anything new because nothing was loaded.
Old Jan 11 2017, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dell466 View Post
I have just sold all 7 of my cargo ships, including those that were currently circulating within the game. I am totally fed up with them being ignored by other players, which effectively leaves them stranded at a port for up to 24 hours. Even with sending a reminder through the game to specific players, they are not following through. So as for the programmers who came up with this ideas, you screwed up big time w
hen designing this feature. As far as I can see, it has just been a major failure and has cost me a lot of coins than I could have used for something else in the game that would have been more beneficial.
I'm waiting to hopefully be able to treat the Cargo Ships as we can dispatch the trains - in the same way. The trains are much more logical. I, too, am disgusted at the way the cargo ships get stuck and I have to skip a port because a cargo ship has been there for 14 hours!! I don't know what side of the world many of my neighbors live on and I don't see why Slashkey can't fix this to work like Trains work!! So sorry you lost so many coins too.
Old Jan 11 2017, 10:30 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

so now my neighbors are posting that they won't be sending out ships and won't be clicking on any that land in their Seaport Manager... too bad if they are already on our ships list of ports of call.. we just have to suck it up and lose the goods for that port. Lesson learned.
Old Jan 12 2017, 01:17 AM

What is the 'rule' if I'm not able to get on FT (or the internet for that matter) for several days and neighbors ships WILL get stuck in my port! The opting out, or the limiting which neighbors I send my ship(s) to, should be in my control, not the games overall rules.
Also I saw someone commented inferring the skipping a port also costs us goods. the reduction of goods from additional ports isn't a good thing and doesn't reflect how life in the real world works. Making the containers on the ships to reflect the same as the trains is a much more reasonable, rather than taking hours and hours seems ridiculous!
Let's keep the game enjoyable.