Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Feb 24 2011, 06:47 AM

I don't know what the big deal is. I never worked for anyone else and rarely hired others to work my farm after running into picky workers, rude workers and workers who never finished the job. I still managed to get to level 185 without a fuss. If others are running you over with their fancy expensive and altogether unnecessary tools go work your neighbors facilities to earn experience points. You will still gain your levels even if it's a bit slower. It's still going to be faster then when I came up. And if you just have to hurry-there's always raspberries, and now they are even worth something. You aren't going to change human nature. There are always going to be rude, greedy people. If you cant deal, then avoid them.
Old Feb 24 2011, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoopsidaisy View Post
I don't know what the big deal is. I never worked for anyone else and rarely hired others to work my farm after running into picky workers, rude workers and workers who never finished the job. I still managed to get to level 185 without a fuss. If others are running you over with their fancy expensive and altogether unnecessary tools go work your neighbors facilities to earn experience points. You will still gain your levels even if it's a bit slower. It's still going to be faster then when I came up. And if you just have to hurry-there's always raspberries, and now they are even worth something. You aren't going to change human nature. There are always going to be rude, greedy people. If you cant deal, then avoid them.
I think we all understand that we don't have to work in other farms to play the game. But there are a lot of people that just enjoy visiting other farms. I like to look around and get ideas for my farms. I love some of the creative things people have done. With 2 billion coins and almost 7 million points I could care less about what I'm paid.
Old Feb 24 2011, 11:59 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by topmop View Post
I think we all understand that we don't have to work in other farms to play the game. But there are a lot of people that just enjoy visiting other farms. I like to look around and get ideas for my farms. I love some of the creative things people have done. With 2 billion coins and almost 7 million points I could care less about what I'm paid.
I'm with you. There is no need for competition here. If I were going to have to worry about losing a few points or coins, where is the fun in that? I don't have any of the tools (except the fertilizer spreader) and when I get to a farm and someone is taking all the work...so what? I just go back to the marketplace and try to get another job.

The way to solve this is for people to only hire one person at a time.
Old Feb 24 2011, 01:39 PM
Account Not Linked

There's a very logical solution to this problem. Farmers need to stop hiring more than one person at a time to work their farms. I make no apology for using tools to gain points and coins. That's what I am here for. Otherwise, why bother? Maybe the whiners should get some tools of their own.
Old Feb 24 2011, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The2Ksgrammy View Post
There's a very logical solution to this problem. Farmers need to stop hiring more than one person at a time to work their farms. I make no apology for using tools to gain points and coins. That's what I am here for. Otherwise, why bother? Maybe the whiners should get some tools of their own.

Nice, short and to the point.

I have the tools, and I certainly enjoy using them on my own farms, but I will hire out if I have the time, or if I have the inclination to help another. In that case I specifically ask for a lower level player, and check the level. I remember "those days".

I have the tools, and I certainly enjoy (once again) going to the market once in awhile and working a farm...... with out getting my hands dirty or calloused

Old Feb 24 2011, 02:38 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
I agree. I have the tools and will use them. If I see someone else working I'll try to do only my share. There has been a few times where I've been hired and I'm the only one there, so I'll harvest away as fast as I can. The farmer disappears and it turns out he/she has gone back to the market place to hire a 2nd harvester. By then I've got 3/4 of the harvesting done. The other person complains about having to work against someone who has the 4x4. Now I think this is the farmers fault. They already knew I had the 4x4.
Old Feb 24 2011, 03:01 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
I get so sick of all the reasons why people should only hire one person per farm. It used to be low paying crops (by low paying some meant anything that was not pineapples), then it was well with x farms there is no need to hire more then one person, now it is because of the tools. It seems that some people will come up with reason after reason for justifying why they should get to work alone or to plow which I wont even go into here. I personally refuse to hire anyone asking for solo work in the mp and I have told more then one they where being greedy by asking for solo work. I do not care what the reason is because I have seen people use having the tools and not having the tools as a reason for wanting solo work. Bottom line is it is my farm I will hire as many as I like if you get to my farm and don't like the working conditions leave it is as simple as that.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Feb 24 2011, 04:14 PM

No one is saying that a person can't hire as many people as they want to harvest their farm. What we are saying is when someone who doesn't have the tools gets smoked they shouldn't get mad at the person with the tools. If they want to get mad at someone (which is silly) get mad at the person who hired too many people for the job.
Old Feb 24 2011, 05:02 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to ScottLanter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charo View Post
The xp is strictly a measure used to determine levels, which unlocks new things. It gives people goals to work toward and keeps the game fresh, as you cannot buy everything available in the game - some things have to be earned.

As I said before, you don't get anything by preventing another person from leveling. You don't "win" Farm Town. Just because you make it into a race doesn't mean that it is a race. This isn't the "world series" of internet farming. Nobody "wins" versus another player here. Your level 185 is the same as my level 185, although I'm sure you have a lot more xp than me.

And though you may focus on the word "race" - even if you substitute the word "competition" it doesn't change the fact that the person without tools now has to race to get a few plots before you scoop them all up. It's a race.
You can't lose Farm Town, either. So, I suppose it doesn't make any difference if someone misses out on harvesting or plowing a few plots on a farm.

Again, if a person chooses not to purchase 4X4 equipment, that's entirely up to them. But, someone who has invested in the equipment shouldn't feel obligated to wait on the 1X1 harvester/plower, either.
Old Feb 24 2011, 05:41 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by topmop View Post
No one is saying that a person can't hire as many people as they want to harvest their farm. What we are saying is when someone who doesn't have the tools gets smoked they shouldn't get mad at the person with the tools. If they want to get mad at someone (which is silly) get mad at the person who hired too many people for the job.
Go back and read the post I quoted the poster is saysing that people should only hire one person per farm and they are not the only one that thinks that way.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.