Old Jan 16 2018, 03:27 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by clogger View Post
I have lots of work to do on many farms, but don't expect people I hire to do it all. I hire for flowers only or trees only or fishing only. That way I only get people who are willing to do the flowers, trees, whatever, because that is what they are hired to do.

Personally I don't like people who hire for all jobs on all their farms, and don't accept their offers. I find a lot of those folks don't check what they have available, just hire for all work on all farms. It requires me to show all on each farm, only to find their are no trees ready or no flowers ready etc. Waste of my time and computer space.
its not necessary to show all, when you get hired and arrive on a farm, the appropriate tool appears for you to use.. once you have done all the available work with that tool, if you have been hired for other work then the tool for that work will appear so you go to preferences and tick the box to show those trees or flowers... once all is done, you go back to preferences and untick that box.. you never load farms with all boxes ticked if hired on big farms... this why so many get booted, their computer cannot handle all the data.. so the flash may stop working for them...I always check via my farm stats to see whats ready before hiring anyone..have gotten picky lately and only hire those I know for sure can do the work.. so many claim they can.. when in fact they can't... due to not knowing how to use the big tools etc..and so many in the market have never been to the forum, never read the Game Guide..
Old Jan 20 2018, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel7 View Post
I'm getting really really irritated at those people who come to get the crops, but leave the flowers and trees. They are willing to give up their bonuses just so they don't have to spend time doing it. Something needs to be done, either 1. punish them big time - maybe no xp's for any crops when there are items missed on previous farms? or 2. give them the big tools/benefits so they will do them (maybe rent the big tools to them for a percentage of the take). I don't have the money to buy every tool in the book, but I have small tools and loads of fuel, so they shouldn't complain. Something needs to happen here.
I have had people who not only left things undone but they chopped/harvested only the flowers and trees they wanted or needed and left the rest. I think the worker should get nothing,no crops no bonus and no xp's unless and until they finish the entire job they were hired to do.
Old Apr 12 2018, 12:49 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connielouboogie View Post
Do I get experience points if I hire someone else to harvest/plow my crops?
Hi Connielouboogie,
You get 1 experience point for each plowing they do, neither of you get experience points for harvesting as you get the crop instead for that. You can find out all about hiring in the Game Guide chapter on Hiring:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=599222

Next time you have a question or problem please post it in the appropriate subject thread in the Help & Support section rather than the General Feedback.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 20 2018, 02:46 AM

Just a quick thank you very much for adding a hire for all jobs button
Old Apr 20 2018, 08:53 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to leighwj1960

Quote:
Originally Posted by clogger View Post
I have lots of work to do on many farms, but don't expect people I hire to do it all. I hire for flowers only or trees only or fishing only. That way I only get people who are willing to do the flowers, trees, whatever, because that is what they are hired to do.

Personally I don't like people who hire for all jobs on all their farms, and don't accept their offers. I find a lot of those folks don't check what they have available, just hire for all work on all farms. It requires me to show all on each farm, only to find their are no trees ready or no flowers ready etc. Waste of my time and computer space.
Just a little comment on this. I've found that if anyone else is on the farm when I'm working even if we are doing different jobs my computer slows to a crawl and often crashes. I find it works better to hire one person for all jobs but maybe just a few farms not all.
Old Apr 22 2018, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighwj1960 View Post
Just a little comment on this. I've found that if anyone else is on the farm when I'm working even if we are doing different jobs my computer slows to a crawl and often crashes. I find it works better to hire one person for all jobs but maybe just a few farms not all.
Really, with all the huge tools we have now it isn't necessary to hire more than one person. I find that if I am working with others and we are all using the employer's big tools we are just getting in each other's way. That is when I go to another farm or just leave all together.
Old May 02 2018, 06:28 PM

I wish that people would come in here and read about the hiring problems. It is common sense to look to see if someone is already working on your farm, a person you hired, before hiring another person to finish. I have had so many ppl tell me "I didn't get the confirmation" which I know is a problem but please please I wish people would slow down and really look to see if that person is working. It should show up at the top of the game screen that that person is working. Sometimes people will work offline and it will not show them working. Also you can tell if the stuff needed to be done has been done or not, just look. Oh and another thing, a lot of people don't know about the automatic rehire, which is totally awesome. There should be a way for people to check these new details and processes. I know you post it at the top of the game but I get the feeling a lot of people do not read the forums
Old May 02 2018, 06:33 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn06 View Post
I wish that people would come in here and read about the hiring problems. It is common sense to look to see if someone is already working on your farm, a person you hired, before hiring another person to finish. I have had so many ppl tell me "I didn't get the confirmation" which I know is a problem but please please I wish people would slow down and really look to see if that person is working. It should show up at the top of the game screen that that person is working. Sometimes people will work offline and it will not show them working. Also you can tell if the stuff needed to be done has been done or not, just look. Oh and another thing, a lot of people don't know about the automatic rehire, which is totally awesome. There should be a way for people to check these new details and processes. I know you post it at the top of the game but I get the feeling a lot of people do not read the forums
Hi Autumn,
I moved your post to the feedback subject about hiring as you are not posting a problem we can fix or a question we can help you with.

We can not force anyone to read the forums, so it is up to them to come to the forums and at least read the release notes.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old May 23 2018, 08:14 PM

I'm not sure where to post this question, I've looked in several threads and I still don't know where lol. I did read the most recent update release of farmtown but I didn't see the fix for "automatic rehire." Are you still working on this or are you not going to have it anymore?