Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Oct 21 2009, 11:19 PM
Account Not Linked

Just bought a Seeder, Harvester, and Plower tool... the plower tool DELETES my land instead of plowing it. When I refresh my page the land shows as being plowed, however I am not about to waste my time REFRESHING the page after each individual 4X4 square gets "plowed" !! ..anybody else experiencing this ?
Old Oct 21 2009, 11:29 PM

Default New Tools...What's the Point?

I suppose a lot of work went into all these new tools. I think that is great, especially when people have just begun playing. When I was new at FT, I'd have loved to have seeders and harvesters--especially before I had more than 10 neighbors.

HOWEVER, the tools are totally useless if you can only use them on your own farm, yet you get only the same number of coins per plot as you would without them AND you are restricted to the direction of the multiple fields. I enjoy planting in patterns, and so, I have no use for a seeder and will not be buying that.

I just wish all that time, effort and energy went into creating more levels and more real estate. I am approaching Level 34--end of the line at this point. I enjoy creating the patterns for my fields and the variety of seeds is certainly quite plentiful for the number of fields I have. But with new buildings (chicken coop, pigpen, etc.) real estate is used up quickly.

Don't get me wrong. I love FarmTown. I love the interaction/chat ability that only FarmTown seems to have. I enjoy Farmville, too, for different reasons (like the pink cows and balloons and swans, etc.) Having animals that produce income is a good idea. Since day one, the animals on FT are strictly there for decoration. I'm thinking it is worth my while to sell 'em off since they just take up space, cute as they are. I'm being gifted lots of fuel that I now have no use for and don't intend to use. Pointless gifts, since no explanation on its use before sending means my friends are wasting their time. Now I will have to message them all NOT to bother.

I wish improving what is already there took precedence over competition with other farm games. Certainly a post on the newsfeed would help to introduce new features and their use, or at least a blurb to check the forum to find out what's new isn't too much trouble. Most people I know have never seen the forums or know they exist. With each "hoax" email, I point them to the forum.

I know I have rambled on here, but really, an "upgrade" that is only a lateral move is not much of an improvement.

Last edited by DawnD13; Oct 21 2009 at 11:34 PM.
Old Oct 21 2009, 11:38 PM
Account Not Linked

i am not sure on how the machines work. I have planted seeds and have harvested and i have fuel but how do you use it all? I am slow at all of this. thanks for any help
Old Oct 22 2009, 12:40 AM

Thumbs up new tools

am loving the new tools, makes for quick and easy planting plowing and harvesting.
i am a little confused with recieving fuel for a gift, when i use them it takes me to the fuel station but nothing seems to happen they are still in my gifts when i return.
can anyone explain this for me please.
i dont like that you lose any left over fuel when yu choose to refuel think it should just add on.
finally can you please introduce a way to earn extra farmcash besides when you level up or pay for it.

still loving the game thanks heaps
Old Oct 22 2009, 01:47 AM
Awe Inspiring ( Level 30 )

Farmer Since: Jul 31 2009
Level:
Trophies: 10
XP:

Hi

I have not been able to get farm town to open for me at all since the new release - anyone else had this problem?
have tried two computers and different browsers.

Any tips would be appreciated

Visit slushy's ranch

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Oct 22 2009, 03:03 AM

Default New updates

Please....More levels & land!!!! I am at 552889 xp and am going crazy for more levels (-; i appreciate this game so much, but I really want more levels and land. Any idea when this is gonna happen??

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?farm_id=1536535800
Old Oct 22 2009, 03:21 AM
Gifted Farmer ( Level 23 )

Farmer Since: Aug 19 2009
Level:
Trophies: 5
XP:

bigger farms would be great and so would a real barn you can drive your machine into. come on this is getting good.

Visit Peter Grampians's Farm

Old Oct 22 2009, 03:24 AM

Thank you for the latest upgrades to FarmTown...keep up the good work
Old Oct 22 2009, 03:27 AM
Green Prodigy ( Level 29 )

Farmer Since: Jul 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 9
XP:
Default need help with seeder

I have plenty of room to put the seeder on my land, but it wont 'turn green' so I can place it down. Am I doing something wrong or is it a bug? AND once i do get the seeder to land, how do i access it to help me plant?

Please help!!!

Visit MamaBear's Farm

Old Oct 22 2009, 03:37 AM

once you get the seeder down, you need to get fuel for it by using the map. then click on the seeder, click 'plant' or something like that, then pick you seeds you want to plant
Closed Thread