Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old May 21 2015, 11:22 AM

I had a co-quest this morning with a facility I don't own, so don't intend to complete; but, when I scrolled my neighbors, I could have purchased every ingredient several times over. My question is : if I did purchase those ingredients, but did not complete the quest, do they go into my storage or into oblivion??
Old May 21 2015, 11:48 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorissau View Post
I had a co-quest this morning with a facility I don't own, so don't intend to complete; but, when I scrolled my neighbors, I could have purchased every ingredient several times over. My question is : if I did purchase those ingredients, but did not complete the quest, do they go into my storage or into oblivion??
Hi,

They go to your storage.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old May 21 2015, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Laybourne View Post
Hi,

They go to your storage.
Wow.. that's great. Thanks for the answer!!
Old May 21 2015, 08:32 PM

Another problem/frustration with the quests: The lifeline comes up with "trader" , but the item you need comes from a facility you don't own. How does "trader" work in that instance?
Old May 21 2015, 09:01 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheaBard View Post
Another problem/frustration with the quests: The lifeline comes up with "trader" , but the item you need comes from a facility you don't own. How does "trader" work in that instance?
Hello TheaBard,

If it is a basic ingredient like planted items or animal items then you can buy it from a neighbor or go to the market place and buy it from a stranger. If it isn't a basic ingredient then you would just have to let that quest expire. All lifelines are selected randomly.

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.
Old May 28 2015, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarrettHillBabe View Post
Wow I never counted up how many FC facilities there are in the game. Add to that all the FC tools heavens. TYVM for telling us how many there are because now I KNOW I'll not be buying the last 2, Dessert and Brazilian restaurants. The number of tools I have that are costly as well as the 131 out of the possible 135 FC facilities has me putting the brakes on spending more...........
FarmTown is one of the most expensive online games to play. Rewards are very tough to get which is borne out by the fact that more than 50% of one's neighbors give up and stop playing in a short period of time because they are so discouraged.

FT is also extremely time consuming. I play 2 other Fb games that require little more than about 30 minutes a day commitment and I'm leveling up every other day or two on those games. One of the games has gems for rewards and the game developers are EXTREMELY receptive to the players suggestions and problems and even compensate their players with gems when the game crashes on rare occasion.

I've had a problem on FT with one of my neighbors for more than a month and have yet to have anyone get back to be with a solution. I can receive gifts from this neighbor but she does not receive any of the gifts I send her. We have been neighbors for years and this just started recently.

I've personally struggled to level up over the past 4 months - it's very discouraging. When I calculated how many FC I needed to buy just the tools to get to the 6 X 6 level it's mind boggling. Have you tried layered fishing with a basic boat!!! The quests are the only way I can supplement the FC at level up and only about every 3rd quest is one I can complete so it's very slow getting anywhere.

It's also rather upsetting when players on the highest level with all the big tools get co-hired with a low level player and they grab everything thus effectively taking 95% of the work away from the low level player that needs the XP. This used to be such a nice social game where players helped each other, now it just seems to be see who can get the most for themselves even when they don't need the XP as they are on the highest level and own every tool in the shed.

So yes, I agree with those that posted before me that the quests are complex and the requirements make no sense at times and even less sense when one cannot voluntarily quit a 6 day quest even though they have no hope of completing it. When 3 such quests pop up in a row it pretty much wipes out the whole week.

Last edited by Scapergal; May 28 2015 at 08:51 PM.
Old May 29 2015, 08:27 AM

Default Reply to Scapergal

Here are a few of my thoughts.

Yes, the game of Farm Town is or can be very expensive if you absolutely have to have all of the latest time saving gadgets. I don't own half of them and I am at the highest level attainable so far. I play the game for fun and the challenge of learning design from my own attempts, the instructions given and from my neighbors and other players.

Perhaps I am more laid back than others but I am not interested in "grabbing all the experience points" I can when working another farm. I work solo only and let that be known up front when hired. I do not hire other farmers to harvest my farms because I have been disappointed so many times by workers who leave my farm before the job is done making it my job to finish up or hire another farmer to complete the job. I don't need the stress nor do I look for it.

On the subject of quests....... I agree that they can be very frustrating and completing 8 quests in 7 days is almost impossible so I don't even try any more. I just complete three of them and happily take my one coin. Not a big deal.

Occassionaly I get frustrated and purchase a tool that makes farming easier but not very often. Farm Town is not a simple game. I have found over the years that it takes a lot of thought and time to achieve the kind of success that makes me feel like I am doing the job right and to my own expectations. The game is as time consuming as you make it and I don't make it all that time consuming as I have other things to do and enjoy. If you stop enjoying what you are doing then stop doing it! It's that simple.

It's just a game.

Mom's Farms
Old May 29 2015, 12:55 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to jeanie0616
Default co op quest

How do I use a crop from my storage for a co op quest?
Old May 29 2015, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanie0616 View Post
How do I use a crop from my storage for a co op quest?
Hi jeanie0616

You cant use a crop from your own storage for your cooperative quest. You need to visit your neighbors cooperative managers and look for it.

We also have an open thread for help with cooperative quests. There you can search for item you cant buy among you neighbors or using the help notes. Only remember that the farmers posting on that thread are strangers, so you will pay more coins for any item.

Here is the link to that thread

http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=605174

Be sure to read the first post, first page of the thread.
Old Jun 02 2015, 01:27 PM

Looks like no-one has used that forum thread for years.

Last edited by Scapergal; Jun 02 2015 at 01:29 PM. Reason: spelling error typo