Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old May 04 2011, 11:35 AM

I took a break from FT for a while and now i'm back. it's great to see so many improvements and the tools seem awesome.

I plan to get several of the tools but my problem is this. why do you need to buy a smaller tool just to buy a larger tool? This is a waste of money. If i want a large fishing boat why do i need to buy the smaller one first? the same with the plowers. and what on earth do you do with the smaller ones after you've purchased the larger ones?

So far i have the 4x4 harvester and while i love it i DON'T love that i am unable to use it on multiple hires. Why is that? i'm guessing it's because i don't have a combine, is that the case?

Old May 04 2011, 12:21 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivarant View Post
I took a break from FT for a while and now i'm back. it's great to see so many improvements and the tools seem awesome.

I plan to get several of the tools but my problem is this. why do you need to buy a smaller tool just to buy a larger tool? This is a waste of money. If i want a large fishing boat why do i need to buy the smaller one first? the same with the plowers. and what on earth do you do with the smaller ones after you've purchased the larger ones?

So far i have the 4x4 harvester and while i love it i DON'T love that i am unable to use it on multiple hires. Why is that? i'm guessing it's because i don't have a combine, is that the case?
You need the smaller tools for the larger ones to work. The larger are upgrades to the smaller which is why they have a lower price on the larger ones. Keep all of your tools in storage and they will work from there without having to pull them out and placing on farm.
When you are hired for multi-hire you have to use the Extended toolbox to get to your tools. That is the yellow toolbox on the far right, then click on the green arrow at the top. Select your tool from the box that jumps out.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old May 04 2011, 04:24 PM

Thanks for the info i will look out for the Extended Tool Box. I guess i haven't been doing that right. but it's good to know you can use the harvester for that. now let me see if i can get hired so i can test it out

and i understand that the larger tools don't work unless you've bought the smaller ones first my concern is that you are being forced to buy two tools. i guess stop at the 4x4 rather than pay twice for the same tool.

I just think you should have the option of buying either or. Even if you make the largest one slightly higher.

Old May 05 2011, 06:01 AM
Account Not Linked

Send a message via MSN to auntyPix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy pants View Post
If you buy the $250 FC at a time, it's 6.25 FC to a dollar. So a 50 FC tool costs you 8 bucks. I pay more than that to go to a movie.
hmmn I think you are not including any currency rates in this equation Happy Pants. Not all of us can deal in $US & thus we end up paying conversion fees with our FC purchases.
Old May 05 2011, 11:28 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntyPix View Post
hmmn I think you are not including any curren gcy rates in this equation Happy Pants. Not all of us can deal in $US & thus we end up paying conversion fees with our FC purchases.
I agree, Im in Australia.

I get annoyed at the fact the seeder is something you cant use on other ppls farms, yet they charge 45 fc just like you do with the plower and harvester. give us a break guys, Im on a pension and so far bought 4 lots of 250 fc. It certainly doesnt make up for all the crashs I have, lagging, not being able to go from one farm to another of my own farms till over a minute later. I love this game, but jaysus I hate it too.
Old May 05 2011, 03:31 PM
Account Not Linked

I thought when i bought the fork lift to do the facilites faster that you could use it on everyones farms. I am disappointed that it can only be used at home by the time you do a few friends the clicking is tiresome..i would have passed on that one.
Old May 05 2011, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntyPix View Post
hmmn I think you are not including any currency rates in this equation Happy Pants. Not all of us can deal in $US & thus we end up paying conversion fees with our FC purchases.
I don't live in the United States either, if you had bothered to look.

Visit my farm!
The Rainbow Connection
Old May 06 2011, 07:57 PM
Account Not Linked

Default notify people how the new tools work

Just a thought, but most have no idea how the new combine tools works, (fact that in order for it to be used you must hire the person multiple)
I find myself spending more time explaining this over and over. it's very frustrating to accept a regular hire for harvest, then when I'm almost done, they come back and send a request for plow. That's all wonderful, but I could have done it all in one click if hired correctly to start with. The other scenario is they hire regular for harvest, and I ask them if they want me to plow, they say yes, then I have to request they rehire with the multiple hire. Some have even got angry with me because they hired me with the regular hire, I start harvesting and they state "I though you had the combine", when I explain they need to hire multi for me to use it, they argue I'm wrong!
Would it be possible to put it out there on the signs when you get to FT like you advertise everything else? People who don't have the tool have no idea. OR better still, allow it to be used on all hires for crops.
Just a few thoughts..........
Old May 06 2011, 08:22 PM
Account Not Linked

thank you for the info on a new tool. Perhaps you can help with one not quite as new. I purchased the ordering station and do not see it producing anything faster even though they said it doubles the delivery. What am I missing? Thanks.
Old May 07 2011, 01:50 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicea View Post
thank you for the info on a new tool. Perhaps you can help with one not quite as new. I purchased the ordering station and do not see it producing anything faster even though they said it doubles the delivery. What am I missing? Thanks.
It doubles the the amount delivered by cutting the delivery time in half. The normal (without the ordering station) is 1 hour for each batch (2 hours for yeast). With the ordering station the delivery time is 30 minutes per batch (1 hour for yeast).
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.