Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jun 08 2010, 09:17 AM
Account Not Linked

Devs,

I think you guys are moving a little to quickly and your not neccessarily thinking things through, especially with the new facilites. If a new player starts playing the game, they have to have "rank" to buy facilities, including be at level 40 or so to buy the new textile factory and the winery.

However, they can purchase FC and buy any of the FC facilities as the FC facilities are not rank dependent. If a new player buys FC and they buy the wine celler or sowing mill, all of their production is dependent on their neighbors because they cant buy the facility to get the wool or whatever and they cant buy the facility to turn it into textile rolls. They also cant buy the facility to produce non aged wine for themselves in order to use the wine celler.

I doubt you are trying to discourage new users from purchasing FC in order to buy facilities, yet with this new setup thats exactly what you did. So, it must be an over sight. New users being dependent on their neighbors is not an ideal or attractive way to get started.
Old Jun 08 2010, 09:20 AM

Red face Cucumbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiosweetheart View Post
Oh MY... 4 DAYS for cucumbers??? C'mon devs, 3 days is long enough! PLEASE PLEASE shorten the cukes by at least 1 day, if not more???
I agree...and the profit is so small it's like a 1-day crop anyway. I was thinking it was supposed to be 4 hours and someone fatfingered?

Love the upgrades though!!!

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?farm_id=1350645893
Old Jun 08 2010, 09:30 AM

I wish you made the Textile and sew mill stright. The Slant made it hard for me to figure out where to put them.
Old Jun 08 2010, 09:51 AM

amazing....awesome job
Old Jun 08 2010, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul View Post
Hey there,

We just released a new version of FarmTown with the following features/fixes:

1. 10 new levels: More than 20 items, all in coins. More levels comming soon.

2. Textile Mill (coins): Allows you to produce:

- Cotton Textile Rolls from the Cottom crop
- Wool Textile Rolls from the sheep and llamas wool
- Silk Textile Rolls from the Silk Worms. You get the Silk Worms by harvesting the mulberry trees where they live. You get the mulberry tree as gift from friends

3. Sewing Mill (30FC): Allows you to produce:

- Shirts, T-Shirts, Horse Rugs, Harvesting Gloves, Wool Hats, Overalls, Ties and Wedding Dresses

It uses the Textile Rolls from the Textile Mill

4. 2 New crops: Cucumber and Green Grapes

5. You can now produce pickles from the cucumbers on the Food Preserver Factory

6. Winery (Coins): Allows you to produce non-aged wine containers from the Purple and Green Grapes in your storage.

- White Wine Barrel from Green Grapes
- Red Wine Container from Purple Grapes
- Champagne Barrel from Green Grapes

7. Wine Cellar (30FC): Allows you to produce Aged Wine Bottles out of the non-aged Wine Containers that you produced in the Winery. The aged wines can be:

- White Wine Bottles aged 1 and 2 years
- Red Wine Bottles aged 3 and 4 years
- Champagne Bottles aged 5 and 6 years

8. You can now hire others to fish at your farms

9. When you work for others to harvest crops, trees, flowers or to fish, in addition to the coins you get, the Mayor will compensate you with a share of the products:

- When harvesting crops or trees for others you'll get about 10% of what you harvest
- When harvesting flowers for others you'll get about 25% of what you harvest
- When fishing for others you'll get about 50% of what you catch

All products you earn this way will go into your storage.

10. The issue with the fuel should be resolved by now, you can refuel now up to 9999999 gallons at the same time.

Enjoy!

Update 1: All new items for the new levels are at the end of the Buildings and Decorations categories.
Update 2: We are currently working on a way to keep incentivized people with 650K+ XP or 90+ level, stay tunned.

--Raul
Thank You, Farm Town just keeps getting better and better. Love it!!!!!!!!
Old Jun 08 2010, 09:59 AM

Love the upgrades.. can the seeds in the store, be put in 'time' order and alpha order within that.... else all is good
Old Jun 08 2010, 10:21 AM

i just wish they would fix my plus sign by my envelope. I have deleted cookies, removed cache, and this is a developer issue which has to be reset. This has been there for over 4 months now, and no one wants to fix it.. I cant', not from my end.

We have coffee, we need a coffee shop..
Old Jun 08 2010, 10:24 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul View Post
Hey there,

We just released a new version of FarmTown with the following features/fixes:

1. 10 new levels: More than 20 items, all in coins. More levels comming soon.

2. Textile Mill (coins): Allows you to produce:

- Cotton Textile Rolls from the Cottom crop
- Wool Textile Rolls from the sheep and llamas wool
- Silk Textile Rolls from the Silk Worms. You get the Silk Worms by harvesting the mulberry trees where they live. You get the mulberry tree as gift from friends

3. Sewing Mill (30FC): Allows you to produce:

- Shirts, T-Shirts, Horse Rugs, Harvesting Gloves, Wool Hats, Overalls, Ties and Wedding Dresses

It uses the Textile Rolls from the Textile Mill

4. 2 New crops: Cucumber and Green Grapes

5. You can now produce pickles from the cucumbers on the Food Preserver Factory

6. Winery (Coins): Allows you to produce non-aged wine containers from the Purple and Green Grapes in your storage.

- White Wine Barrel from Green Grapes
- Red Wine Container from Purple Grapes
- Champagne Barrel from Green Grapes

7. Wine Cellar (30FC): Allows you to produce Aged Wine Bottles out of the non-aged Wine Containers that you produced in the Winery. The aged wines can be:

- White Wine Bottles aged 1 and 2 years
- Red Wine Bottles aged 3 and 4 years
- Champagne Bottles aged 5 and 6 years

8. You can now hire others to fish at your farms

9. When you work for others to harvest crops, trees, flowers or to fish, in addition to the coins you get, the Mayor will compensate you with a share of the products:

- When harvesting crops or trees for others you'll get about 10% of what you harvest
- When harvesting flowers for others you'll get about 25% of what you harvest
- When fishing for others you'll get about 50% of what you catch

All products you earn this way will go into your storage.

10. The issue with the fuel should be resolved by now, you can refuel now up to 9999999 gallons at the same time.

Enjoy!

Update 1: All new items for the new levels are at the end of the Buildings and Decorations categories.
Update 2: We are currently working on a way to keep incentivized people with 650K+ XP or 90+ level, stay tunned.

--Raul
since the new update Ican't hire to work facilities The first pop up comes then the one to put on feed is not there
Old Jun 08 2010, 10:28 AM

I think I lost some Farm Cash over the last few days. I had 27, and went to level 68 and now I am at 25......I was trying to get to 30 to buy the chocolate factory. I thought I only had 2 more to go, and now I have 5. Somethings wrong. thanks.
Old Jun 08 2010, 10:33 AM

Thanx for the new upgrades but i have 1 suggestion ok maybe a couple! it would be nice to be able to move our animals in between farms, paint our houses and barns, and decorate the INSIDE of our homes. Just a thought!
Closed Thread