Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Apr 01 2010, 09:37 AM

How do I make butter?
Old Apr 01 2010, 09:41 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanneisfarming View Post
Well if I want to make pies from the bakery, don't I need to make milk from a dairy barn, sugar from the refinery and how do I make flour? Is that more than I facility??
you need the windmill for flower and plant wheat
Old Apr 01 2010, 09:41 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanneisfarming View Post
How do I make butter?
All of how to make butter is in this thread: http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=312578
Old Apr 01 2010, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul View Post
Hey there,

We have launched a few new facilities recently:

Pizza Restaurant: Produces Cheese Pizza, Mushroom Pizza and Onion Pizza from flour, cheese, tomatoes and other vegetals

Juice Factory: Produces Orange Juice, Apple Juice, Grape Juice and Pineapple Juice from the corresponding fruit in your storage

Bakery: Produce Apple Pie, Cherry Pie, Cheese Cake, Chocolate Cake and Chocolate Cookies from flour, sugar, chocolate liquor, butter and hen eggs in your storage

Chocolate Factory: produce Chocolate Liquor from the Cocoas in your storage (to be used as an ingredient for other products)

Please provide feedback and suggestions.

Thanks

--Raul
Will there be additional products added, such as goat cheese and basil pizza?
Old Apr 01 2010, 12:10 PM
Account Not Linked

Default Coins for Products

I posted this on another board and it may have been a wrong one so posting it here also. I apologise if either one or both are the incorrect place. I just finished a batch of Mushroom pizza which it says should give me 2900 coins per batch. When I go to the marketplace (and in my storage) it says it's only going to give me 290 coins. Is this a glitch? Seems like a waste of my time if it's for only 290 coins. I'm holding off on selling my stuff until I know if it's a glitch or not.

Thank you,
Deb
Old Apr 01 2010, 12:21 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I did find out that you can't request animals as gifts if they are on your farm.. but you can if you have one in your gift box... you get the more button, and can request them that way......... so..... I am keeping one of each animal of the producing kind in my gift box so If I ever want one as a gift I can post the request........I can finally post for help in my facilities now also... have no idea what the problem was....

GOD Bless The USA

Level 600, Farmer since June 2,2009

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.

╰⊰⊹✿Dεsidεяαtα✿⊹⊱╮

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?f...00000233351452

(link below not mine)
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Apr 01 2010, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adbasmom66 View Post
I posted this on another board and it may have been a wrong one so posting it here also. I apologise if either one or both are the incorrect place. I just finished a batch of Mushroom pizza which it says should give me 2900 coins per batch. When I go to the marketplace (and in my storage) it says it's only going to give me 290 coins. Is this a glitch? Seems like a waste of my time if it's for only 290 coins. I'm holding off on selling my stuff until I know if it's a glitch or not.

Thank you,
Deb
Hi Adbasmom.

There are 10 units (pizzas) per batch. The selling price for one unit is 290, therefore for the whole batch it's 2900 coins.
Old Apr 01 2010, 12:58 PM
Account Not Linked

I have just completed my research on whether or not it is advantageous to create the products of these new facilities and I must conclude that all but one of the additions is a complete waste of money for players. Unless you are trying to increase your level points there is no reason to waste your money creating these new foods, but there are more effective ways to increase your level points without wasting so much money. I am of course assuming that a player harvests their crops with help on each crop. I will explain below.

If a player could sell a unit of Wheat at market for $136ea., and it costs 10 units of Wheat to produce 1 unit of Flour, then the cost to produce one unit of Flour is $1360. Wheat unit per Flour unit, the loss to the player would be -$760 per unit on what the player could potentially produce.

Using this same rationale from a Sugarcane unit to a Sugar unit, the loss to the player would be -$530 per unit on what the player could potentially produce.

Using this same rationale from a Cow Milk unit to a Butter unit, the loss to the player would be -$93 per unit on what the player could potentially produce.

Using the same rationale from a Cow Milk unit to a Cheese unit, the gains and losses are equal, but the Cheese just takes time to produce.

Using the same rationale from a Goat Milk unit to a Goat Cheese unit, the gains to the player would be $30 per unit on what the player could potentially produce. Goat Cheese seems to be the only advantageous product from a raw resource (Goat Milk).

Trying to produce Pizzas, Yogurts, Pies, Cakes, and Cookies makes a player's coin losses exponentially worse, SO DON'T PRODUCE THEM! Unless you like to lose coins unnecessarily. On the other hand a player would lose less coins and gain more level points if they simply plow, sow Raspberry seeds, bulldoze the Raspberry fields, and plow again.

To the creators of the facilities: You need to make the coin incentives much more advantageous to players to make it worth the time and coins to produce them. For example at a minimum Flour needs to sell at no less than $1360 per Flour unit, or reduce the number of Wheat units it takes to produce a Flour Unit to no more than 4 Wheat units at Flour's current sell price. Sugar, Butter, and Cheese would also have to change.
Old Apr 01 2010, 01:15 PM

How do we get friends to produce the things we make in our facilities faster? It would be great to do and also to help out our fellow farmers.
Old Apr 01 2010, 01:52 PM
Account Not Linked

Default using new facilities

Are we supposed to be making more coins by using the new processing? I don't seem to be getting much (if any) returns for all the processing. My coin level is not moving up. I am disappointed with the purchase of the new items. Lot of attention, and not much return, if any.
Closed Thread