Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Nov 17 2011, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nettie1212 View Post
BAIT, I am having problems with bait in the refer clients. Is it supposed to take it out of the items I have? I lost all my bait when I filled the refer clients. One would assume that when I cash out I would have some in my rivers and ponds.. Am I mistaken to assume this?
Ive noticed my bait is disappearing rather quickly too - especially the seawater bait - Ive got tons of the freshwater! I thought it was just that I have more seawater - but this never used to happen.

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Old Nov 17 2011, 01:59 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nettie1212 View Post
BAIT, I am having problems with bait in the refer clients. Is it supposed to take it out of the items I have? I lost all my bait when I filled the refer clients. One would assume that when I cash out I would have some in my rivers and ponds.. Am I mistaken to assume this?
Yes you are mistaken. When you put bait into the Fishing Tackle Shop it is just like putting any other product into a service facility. When they are finished you get the cash for those items and don't get the items back.
The only facility you get bait for your waters from is the Fish Farming Plant.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Nov 17 2011, 02:11 AM

Default Answer to the problem with Bait????

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiel29 View Post
Ive noticed my bait is disappearing rather quickly too - especially the seawater bait - Ive got tons of the freshwater! I thought it was just that I have more seawater - but this never used to happen.
Ive just found what MY problem is with the bait and perhaps its happening to others too especially if they have the new start all tools for the Services. I unchecked the tick boxes for bait in the Fishing Accessories shop and it also unticks the same product box in the Fish Farm.

So... I tried a few other products in different facilities. Same thing. When you uncheck a box for a product in ONE facility - Service or Production etc - it also unchecks ALL boxes for that product in all other facilties - for example not wanting to sell Farmerade in the Dance club also affects the Soft Drink factory and the Snack Machine and Sports Arena!
So if you want to (for example) only make Seawater Bait but not sell it you cant use the Load All Button in the Service facility!

Old Nov 17 2011, 02:29 AM

Thank you for the updates!! My f12 is ready and waiting for me to decide what I want to do with it. The oil pump is up and running, but that's it so far. I can't decide what to do with it.....
Old Nov 17 2011, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiel29 View Post
Ive just found what MY problem is with the bait and perhaps its happening to others too especially if they have the new start all tools for the Services. I unchecked the tick boxes for bait in the Fishing Accessories shop and it also unticks the same product box in the Fish Farm.

So... I tried a few other products in different facilities. Same thing. When you uncheck a box for a product in ONE facility - Service or Production etc - it also unchecks ALL boxes for that product in all other facilties - for example not wanting to sell Farmerade in the Dance club also affects the Soft Drink factory and the Snack Machine and Sports Arena!
So if you want to (for example) only make Seawater Bait but not sell it you cant use the Load All Button in the Service facility!
Yes I can confirm this is happening. Certainly not desirable I would surmise.
Would a moderator kindly draw it to the attention of a developer.

BR
David
Old Nov 17 2011, 03:41 AM

I think that the problem for me anyway is just the display of the Seawater bait as I still can fish and get the fish but the counter displays a zero. I watched that counter go down from around 2000 to zero and I still fished fine. The Freshwater bait was still somewhere around 13,000, and my seawater bait is usually somewhere around that. I feel that as I could still fish and get fish that the ‘counter’ is still correct, but the display of that seawater bait counter is in error.

Just wanted to let you know.

I also fished on a neighbors farm and maybe that seawater bait counter carried over from that farm to my farm as I just did that prior to that same neighbor fishing on my farm.

Last edited by rjohn726; Nov 17 2011 at 04:03 AM.
Old Nov 17 2011, 04:39 AM

Default Hidden items

making it so we cant hide things and add more of the same items has made it harder to design my farms. for example, if you plant a grove of trees and want to see if you missed any spots or where the spots are that you missed you could just hide them and then see where the spot is not red and plant a tree there. now you can not plant a tree when trees are hidden so it makes it harder to clean up a design, also same goes with decorations if i want to a decoration behind one that is there I cant hide them to see where im putting it because it wont let me add a decoration when they are hidden
Old Nov 17 2011, 05:36 AM

Default Rubber Sheets

Please please increase the production of Rubber sheets in the Rubber Factory. With the new facilities a max of 1440 is NOT enough to fill all the items that need this product.

Thank-you

Old Nov 17 2011, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor farmtown View Post
making it so we cant hide things and add more of the same items has made it harder to design my farms. for example, if you plant a grove of trees and want to see if you missed any spots or where the spots are that you missed you could just hide them and then see where the spot is not red and plant a tree there. now you can not plant a tree when trees are hidden so it makes it harder to clean up a design, also same goes with decorations if i want to a decoration behind one that is there I cant hide them to see where im putting it because it wont let me add a decoration when they are hidden
This has been happening for a long time - please Devs add the newer seasonal decorations to the lists for display. When I uncheck the box for display trees all the Autumn and winter trees are still there, as are any items like the seasonal houses etc.

Old Nov 17 2011, 06:27 AM

What has happened to the sending gifts? The box where your neighbors show up as shrunk. When selecting the option for the farmers helping you the scroll bars goes away and I can only select 3 people. This has happened for the last 3 days and from 2 different computers.