Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Jun 13 2010, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brionie View Post
Selling stuff?
Perhaps, but they're taking their sweet time about it if that's what they're doing. Most of them are talking amongst themselves, and just ignoring everyone else. In any case, when I go into the MP to sell stuff, I either hide behind one of the stalls, or I go to a far corner of the screen, so that I do not give the impression that I am there for work. Perhaps I am just more thoughtful and considerate than others.

The hiring problems are still happening. I've just ploughed two of my four 24x24 farms because the two people I hired managed to plow 4 and 0 fields respectively.

What angered me the most however, was a player I hired to harvest my purple grapes. She did half and then announced that it didn't pay enough, so it wasn't worth her while to do any more. She then "lol'd" and typed a smiley face (as if that makes it ok) and left. I went back to the MP and there she was asking for more work, so I told the MP that she wasn't available for low paying work and "ignored" her.

I think I'll just do my own harvesting and ploughing from now on, unless I see a "buddy" online at the same time. I've had enough of the idiots from the MP. Over the last two days, I have hired three people who blatantly ignored all my requests to hide the trees and carried on merrily harvesting around them. I accept that some players may not know about "hiding", but when a request is made of you, and you don't know what is being requested, ask the person what they mean. It's not difficult.
Old Jun 13 2010, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupi View Post
. I accept that some players may not know about "hiding", but when a request is made of you, and you don't know what is being requested, ask the person what they mean. It's not difficult.
Oh I agree!! if you don't know how to hide something, let me know!! it isn't that stinking difficult! I had one person who finally admitted they were new, and didn't know how to. I was wishing for a fire button a the time.
Old Jun 13 2010, 11:22 AM

One thing to keep in mind when you see that a person is pretty slow. They may be new users. I hired one yesterday that was incredibly slow. I checked her level - she was level 9. So, I just let her go and did something else. If she had been a level 80, I would have hired another person to help. I did ask her if she wanted help, she didn't.

I have learned NOT to say that I'll hire them to harvest, then plow. I only hire to harvest. If they are doing a pretty decent job, I ask them mid-way through if they want to plow. If they're doing a bad job, I am conveniently not at that site when they finish and stand there yelling "plow".

When I am at the MP, I make it very clear that I will harvest or plow crops, but I will not do trees, flowers, or fish. People sometimes ignore that and when they want to hire me to harvest and do trees, I decline and restate what I will-won't do. I wish more people would do this because you can't tell the hiring farmers from the ones looking for work and a lot of time is wasted trying to hire someone. Maybe they should split the room - hiring on one side and workers on the other!
Old Jun 13 2010, 12:24 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryLouW View Post
Maybe they should split the room - hiring on one side and workers on the other!
I have always thought, and posted, that they needed to split the market place in half. One market to sell your goods (or let you sell it from your farm) and another for hiring. Then, only allow hiring from your farm or the hiring market (not the Inn, the Realtor or the selling Market). That would solve the issue of getting hire requests when you go to sell things.
Old Jun 13 2010, 05:58 PM

I do think they will have to do something about "fishing". I was hired twiced today to fish. One person hired just me to do two sides of a 24x24 river-lined farm and a pond. Fishing is very tedious..Later someone else hire me and a bunch of other people to fish on about the same amount of real estate. A few minutes in, most people left, except me. After being there...ALONE for about 10-15 minutes, clicking away, the farmer hires about a half-dozen MORE people.

I haven't even attempted to hire anyone to fish on my farms yet.

It's a game, not a competition...enjoy at your own pace.

Blessed are the thin-skinned for they shall make life miserable for everyone else.

Google Chrome
WF40

Farming since 3/31/09
Old Jun 13 2010, 10:38 PM

I have to agree with Lupi.... i have tried a number of times to hire ppl from the markets and have had 3 out 5 leave because it was not high paying crops, such as pineapples. i have even stated at the very start what i have got to harvest and hired one person to harvest a lower level crop only for them to say " your don't have pineapples" and then leave..... hard to find anyone to harvest anything unless you have planted pineapples.... some very greedy people at times but then i have hired some very grateful employee ( normally lower level farmers ).

As to hiring my buddies most are in the USA so timing can be a bit harder since i am in Australia....

still think if there was a way of hiring neighbours or buddies while they are offline so that when they come online they have work ready for them.... harvest and plow..etc..
Old Jun 14 2010, 03:53 AM

In any case, when I go into the MP to sell stuff, I either hide behind one of the stalls, or I go to a far corner of the screen, so that I do not give the impression that I am there for work. Perhaps I am just more thoughtful and considerate than others.

Why don't you simply take yourself off line and then go to the market place? That makes you invisible and there is only you and Tom in the market place with no offers to hire while you sell your produce. There is no need to hide.

Old Jun 14 2010, 10:57 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenJS22 View Post
Why don't you simply take yourself off line and then go to the market place? That makes you invisible and there is only you and Tom in the market place with no offers to hire while you sell your produce. There is no need to hide.
No need to hide? Isn't that what you are doing when you go offline? Hiding from the hirers? Why should a person have to "hide" in order to get around a flaw in the game?
Old Jun 14 2010, 11:58 AM

Fishing - I think we should have a boat to catch the fish in, its hard work and takes ages to clear just one stretch!
Old Jun 14 2010, 01:11 PM

I just say no to fishing requests and most trees. I hate trees and I hate to fish!!! I don't feel rude - at least I'm not standing there saying "pineapples, solo." Those people are nuts!