Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old May 26 2010, 02:16 AM

I like to hire only one person and continue to hire them for each farm and each job until they plead "enough! carpal tunnel!". But if I've hired them for crops and flowers and they say "trees please" after they accepted the job...good bye. If they hadn't said "trees please" I would've hired them for the trees after the flowers were done!
Old May 30 2010, 03:17 PM

It is getting hard to find people to hire. I go in with 3 slots for people to harvest then plow on 3 separate farms. So everyone is working solo. But with the I only want to plows much of the time I wind up doing more by myself than ever before. One guy yesterday got to harvest and plow all 3 farms and was really happy. Elitist plow only's don't know what they are missing.
Old May 30 2010, 08:07 PM

I am one of those who ask to plow only. Why? Because I have more money than I can possibly spend. What I get from harvesting is pretty meaningless but exp points are not.

Another reason why I ask to plow only... when I DO give in and take a harvesting job, it seems I always get raspberries and once I get started, the farmer hires someone else to plow. I gain nothing.

This is, again, another reason I would like to be able to see the person's level in the market place. If I know they're a newer farmer with a low level, I will harvest for them so they can earn some money.

Lately, I find it just as easy to do my own harvesting and plowing. I don't get the market price for my goods but most of what I plant is needed for the facilities so it doesn't matter. It cost me an additional 5cents to do my own plowing. When you have huge amounts of money, that doesn't matter either.

So, when I do go to the market place, I ask to plow only. I don't need the money, but I want the exp. Maybe people should indicate their level when hiring because I would be more than happy to harvest for those under level 80.
Old May 30 2010, 10:47 PM

I have four full farms, each one is 24x24. Except for F1, they are all plowed and planted. 3,072 for the last three farms, and around 700 for f1.

I prefer to harvest/plow solo, I don't care if it's flowers, trees or crops. I even like doing flowers and trees, since i'm doing it now for the money, vs the experience. I've got over a million experience, and now over 11 million. I started Saturday with, over 57 million, and spent down to 7 million buying F4. If I don't like the people I'm harvesting or plowing with, i'll simply leave the farm.

I do ask people if I notice there trees or flowers are ready, if they want them done, but don't insist on it. I'm very particular about both, and don't often hire people to do them. I have probably over 600 trees now, and close to 9,500 flowers. I havent' counted all of either one lately. All of my trees of the same type, come due at the same time. I don't add trees, of a particular type, until those are ready to be harvested. I have for instance 101 coconut trees, and people tend to miss anywhere from 5-10 trees when harvesting them. Well, when you have 600 trees or so, of varying types you end up harvesting 30 or so yourself, it's annoying. At least IMHO.
Old May 31 2010, 05:00 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Default Simple politeness ???

What irks me is when I go to the market hire someone .. and I say I need someone to harvest 'and' plow ... they agree come to harvest and refuse to talk and leave when they've finished harvesting or in the middle ....
I now do not 'volunteer' that I have harvests ready on my other 2 farms ( most of the time I've managed to coordinate harvest times on all 3 farms) untill they've either started talking or plowing ... I like to hire solo to help people with coins and the leveling up points ...
Tammy

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old May 31 2010, 06:00 PM

I have found, since the facilities have come 'round, and I'm spending more time at the market...I am getting hired more. I don't mind it. If I just want to sell my stuff, I'll do it offline; otherwise, I'll see if I can get hired. Today, I harvested BOTH raspberries and pineapples and got to plow. I'm level 80, so I don't need the XP (FOR NOW), but I do need the coinage to max out the 4th farm.

It does amaze me to see the 'snooty-pooty-pants' people who will only harvest certain things/wont' harvest at all/only harvest alone...

They must not enjoy REAL life very much either.

Happy Farming Everyone

It's a game, not a competition...enjoy at your own pace.

Blessed are the thin-skinned for they shall make life miserable for everyone else.

Google Chrome
WF40

Farming since 3/31/09
Old May 31 2010, 08:13 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuckertbnc View Post

What irks me is when I go to the market hire someone .. and I say I need someone to harvest 'and' plow ... they agree come to harvest and refuse to talk and leave when they've finished harvesting or in the middle ....
I now do not 'volunteer' that I have harvests ready on my other 2 farms ( most of the time I've managed to coordinate harvest times on all 3 farms) untill they've either started talking or plowing ... I like to hire solo to help people with coins and the leveling up points ...
Tammy
I'm surprised they don't stay to plow. I've noticed most will stick around after the harvesting is done with the hopes of getting hired to plow. As for talking while harvesting for me I'm usually too busy to notice any conversations at least until I'm done
Old Jun 01 2010, 07:57 AM

My rant:

I had a farm full of pineapples, trees and flowers that needed to be plowed and harvested. All of it. I needed someone to hire for trees and crops, then turn off trees, hire for flowers and then plow, all solo if they wanted. I said all of this in the market place and asked if anyone was up for it. So, someone told me they were so I hired them. As soon as they are done crops they just stood there for a while and then ask if I wanted them to do trees.... yes! After trees she just kept asking to plow and when I would hire her for flowers she said that wasn't the plow hire. I said flowers too a few times but eventually just ended up hiring her to plow and did them myself.

I am always very specific when I am hiring. I state what crops I have and if there will be plow after (99% of the time there is) I wait until someone answers with at least my name (no "me me me") At least read what job you are agreeing to
Old Jun 01 2010, 09:21 AM

Well personally I hate to plow. I find it more difficult than harvesting for some reason, and I have a torn rotator cuff that begins to cause me pain after 20 - 30 minutes of click, click, clicking. BUT if I get hired to plow after harvesting, as long as I'm not in too much pain, I'll accept and do it. If I am in too much pain and there are other ppl working with me, I usually politely decline, saying I'd rather give the work to the others who may need/want the xp more than I do.

When hiring, I never, ever, ever hire someone who responds to me with "me, me, me" or "i'll do it," or the like. I prefer the person call me by name and shows some level of manners. The ppl that act like they are doing me a favor or feel entitled somehow to work for me are the ones I simply ignore.
Old Jun 01 2010, 11:07 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Thumbs down Hiring and when should you report someone.

Hi I am new to the forum so sorry if these have been covered before.

I am noticing a lot lately that people I hire seem to not finish the job anymore they start and if they dont want the "crop value" they just leave or they make a right mess of the farm dotting about everywhere so that they m ake it almost impossible to hire someone else and you have to tidy up after them I find this very very rude.

Another one is when you hire say two people the latest trick seems to be one offering to plow after they have harvested about two bits. I always say no I prefer to wait till you can both plow and some are getting quite rude what has happened to manners in this game.

Lastly someone plowed for me today and did my whole farm in under 30 seconds when I asked how they told me their boyfriend wrote a programme is this considered fair what if they are plwoing alongside others?

SOrry to ramble on but would value feedback onthese issues ....

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20