Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Oct 05 2022, 04:52 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Hi Everyone,

Anyone requiring information and current updates on why Farm Town is temporarily deactivated please click on this link:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=659126

We will update that post whenever we get new information.

We apologize for the inconvenience and ask you to try to remain to be patient.

Thank you!!!

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Oct 05 2022, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi DeniseDJ,
I moved your post to the thread about loading issues to keep all of this about the deactivation in one location. The developers of Farm Town and the other games and apps that got caught in this deactivation by Facebook did not have any advanced warning this was going to happen.

As far as Farm Town they had already made the security changes Facebook wanted without disrupting your game play, but one did not do what Facebook wanted. They have corrected that now and we are waiting on Facebook to approve it tomorrow.
Thanks for the info Taz, I appreciate it. And I feel a bit better. They thought they had it fixed and found out they did not.

Denise

https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/p..._id=1450953003

clear memcache http://l1.slashkey.com/facebook/farm...lear_memcached

I have as many neighbors and buddies as I am allowed

USER ID number is: 1450953003
Old Oct 05 2022, 08:50 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Be Nice if Farm Town Moved off of facebook made their own webpage. that we could still do everything on.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Oct 05 2022, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Riap,
Farm Town was not the only game effected by Facebooks decision to deactivate games that had not completed or did not have all of the requested security updates working. There were several games that were deactivated. As soon as they approve the corrections then Farm Town will be back on and available through Facebook.

One of those games has been lost for the last few days but is back now.

I hope that means the FT will be back soon.
Old Oct 05 2022, 11:05 AM

A few people are saying if you was offline when playing Farmtown before the game was disabled that you'll still be able to play farm town.
Laptop: Lenovo IdeaPad 3 14ITL05, 11th Gen, i7

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...1959&farm_ix=0

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...c_location=ufi

FB profile (accepting no FR for the time being) - https://www.facebook.com/alexandrajeffery88
Old Oct 05 2022, 11:15 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandra_J View Post
A few people are saying if you was offline when playing Farmtown before the game was disabled that you'll still be able to play farm town.
Hi Alexandra_J,
If you had your farms open and have not closed them since the deactivation then they are still working though limited because you can't access others. You did not have to be off-line as all that does is disable the connection to the chat server.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Oct 05 2022, 12:06 PM

Any update? Will the game activities like crops, etc. be frozen in time? Thanks.
Old Oct 05 2022, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auntie Al View Post
Any update? Will the game activities like crops, etc. be frozen in time? Thanks.

Hi Auntie Al

Up now there is no answer from Facebook.

About your second question, we dont know what the developers could do about that.
Old Oct 05 2022, 01:39 PM

Default Understood...

You folks have always been good to your fans. We thank you for that. It is a shame that FB was so harsh with you. I miss my farmer friends. but we are able to communicate through the Messenger app.

At first, I was outraged by FB's stance, but I guess they have been under their own stress to make their apps safe. It is unfortunate that the times we live in causes this much stress.

We all are patiently awaiting your return. Hang in there. Many of us have spent a lot of real money to improve our farms and I would hate to see that wasted.

Keep up the good work. Hope to be playing again soon.
Old Oct 05 2022, 01:56 PM

I do concur. Many of us have invested in this game, years of time, and $$$. I do appreciate everything you all did when Flash disappeared. I only pray Facebook will be reasonable, since, if this is a stalking, bullying security issue with FT I saw elsewhere, Facebook should look in the mirror as I've seen and heard of such on FB many many times and still do. Problem is they will put some of us in FB Jail, and IGNORE other's infractions. I hope the game is back soon, as its been a part of my life since 2009.
Quote:
Originally Posted by damarc2@hotmail.com View Post
You folks have always been good to your fans. We thank you for that. It is a shame that FB was so harsh with you. I miss my farmer friends. but we are able to communicate through the Messenger app.

At first, I was outraged by FB's stance, but I guess they have been under their own stress to make their apps safe. It is unfortunate that the times we live in causes this much stress.

We all are patiently awaiting your return. Hang in there. Many of us have spent a lot of real money to improve our farms and I would hate to see that wasted.

Keep up the good work. Hope to be playing again soon.

Tags
cannot load game, farm not loading, farm town not loading, frequent crashes, game freezes, green screen, loading issues, saving data, u00, webgl, white screen, x025, x025 error