Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Nov 16 2010, 07:59 PM

Ok does anyone else remember back what seems like forever ago when we only had ONE farm and the highest level was like 34? When we had to do ALL our OWN plowing and planting? Before there was a farm 2 and facilities etc etc etc. When if you accidentally hit go home you went back to your own farm and lost the job you had finally gotten after waiting what seemed like forever? This game has come such a LONG way and just keeps getting better. To all those of you whining about the ones like me being able to harvest etc faster because of the 4x4 tools? either suck it up and get over it or pay up and buy one yourself!! Why should those of us willing and able to spend money on the game not have perks to go along with it?? Same as with real life...if you have more money you can get a nicer home etc than someone who has less...you gonna go whining to that business too because someone has a "better' home than you do? grow up...that's like saying that if someone has a 4gb computer when yours is only a 2 gb that they have a unfair advantage because theirs is faster...this is a game and supposed to be fun...get over it or buy yourself one!

Last edited by debc75; Nov 16 2010 at 08:10 PM. Reason: typo
Old Nov 16 2010, 08:59 PM

I remember 25 levels and no homes. I think the 3x3 tools are great. You can have a lot or a little and enjoy the game. I also remember doing all my farming in 15 minutes. simplicity is a thing of the past. I would just like the chance to level up. my little white bar hasn't moved since level 60. This is a great game
Old Nov 16 2010, 09:32 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priores Plot View Post
Hello

I find it unfair that now you can use the 16x harvester, plower when working on other peoples farms. Never could do that before and many players do not have the 45 farm cash times two to buy those tools. Allow everyone to buy them with coins not cash. Please make it a even playing level.

Thank you
It will not be even or fair if I paid cash for an item and then it is available to buy it with coin. Life is not fair and this is a just a game.

I see a lot of people complaining about farmers being able to use their tools on other farms and not getting work. For some time now, there has not been one marketplace that I have been to where the hirers outnumber the workers by a very large percentage. It's very hard to find people to work on farms these days, so I can't see how using those tools will cut down on jobs available.
Old Nov 16 2010, 09:48 PM

Thanks I love the new facilities and the 7th farm
Old Nov 16 2010, 09:57 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Not going to happen. Folks can post as many comments as they wish here on the Forum or even contact the developers directly; however, there are probably enough players who will purchase the 4x4 tools (in part because of the incentive to use them at the MP to earn coins more quickly) that the negative comments most probably won't carry the day.
And, incidentally, I'm not planning to get the 4x4 tools. Will just play along at my slower pace, relative to some, and enjoy the game as time permits.
Only if a large majority of players refused to purchase the cash tools would it have sufficient impact for the developers to change the rules. Doubt those who can't afford to or choose not to get these tools will have enough impact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIMMYT View Post
Letting farmers use "cash tools" is going to put those of us without the power tools out of work. I have been on several jobs where the another farmer on the same job has the power tools and wipes out the job before I even get started. Many of us don't have enough real money to buy virtual tools to keep up........Maybe you should let EVERYONE use their harvesters & tractors regardless if they paid cash or coin for them?
Old Nov 16 2010, 10:02 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Right, debc75. And, oh, yes, some do whine about not being able to afford "bigger and better" in real life, too. All too common an attitude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by debc75 View Post
Ok does anyone else remember back what seems like forever ago when we only had ONE farm and the highest level was like 34? When we had to do ALL our OWN plowing and planting? Before there was a farm 2 and facilities etc etc etc. When if you accidentally hit go home you went back to your own farm and lost the job you had finally gotten after waiting what seemed like forever? This game has come such a LONG way and just keeps getting better. To all those of you whining about the ones like me being able to harvest etc faster because of the 4x4 tools? either suck it up and get over it or pay up and buy one yourself!! Why should those of us willing and able to spend money on the game not have perks to go along with it?? Same as with real life...if you have more money you can get a nicer home etc than someone who has less...you gonna go whining to that business too because someone has a "better' home than you do? grow up...that's like saying that if someone has a 4gb computer when yours is only a 2 gb that they have a unfair advantage because theirs is faster...this is a game and supposed to be fun...get over it or buy yourself one!

Last edited by SueW170; Nov 17 2010 at 02:30 AM.
Old Nov 16 2010, 10:27 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueW170 View Post
Not going to happen. Folks can post as many comments as they wish here on the Forum or even contact the developers directly; however, there are probably enough players who will purchase the 4x4 tools (in part because of the incentive to use them at the MP to earn coins more quickly) that the negative comments most probably won't carry the day.
And, incidentally, I'm not planning to get the 4x4 tools. Will just play along at my slower pace, relative to some, and enjoy the game as time permits.
Only if a large majority of players refused to purchase the cash tools would it have sufficient impact for the developers to change the rules. Doubt those who can't afford to or choose not to get these tools will have enough impact.
I don't believe this at all. First of all, I think there are many of us who notice quickly that others farmers on a job aren't going so fast. I think most of us will probably back off and on our own, be "fair." Secondly, I've always hated it when too many workers are hired for one farm. If there's only one worker there, the farmer will be pleased with how fast the job is done. And, I don't see anyone standing in the market determined to only hire someone with power tools. You hire, you take what you get and consider that part of the game. Besides, some folks have always worked "slow" with, or without power tools. I have a much older neighbor than me and now it's such a pleasure to see her be able to work faster and not feel embarrassed that she's going so slow. C'mon...most of us are just plain old nice folks and we adjust on our own so that others have a chance. Most of us that I have met even go out of their way to help others level up. Trust your neighbors and friends a little bit more and just have fun making a lovely farm!
Old Nov 16 2010, 10:28 PM
Account Not Linked

Oops...I quoted the wrong post - I'm so sorry. My response was for the individual who believes that workers are going to be put out of business by those of us using power tools. My apologies for the confusion.
Old Nov 16 2010, 10:31 PM
Account Not Linked

And incidentally I think I have the very best reasons of all for farms 8 and 9 being released quickly. Ready? the little table showing your farms just looks all wonky with farm 7 hanging out there all by itself. Farms 8 and 9 would make the table look all even and nice for those of us a little on the monkish side
Old Nov 16 2010, 11:08 PM

great update thank you, but i purchased the white dozzer, and a friend did as well....put it in storage,,,,,,,will not work unless it is on the specific farm..
Closed Thread