Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Jan 25 2020, 11:13 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldebaran View Post
I just started playing Farm Town again after an absence of two years, and I find that none of the neighbors I have showing are still playing, and at least one is deceased. The ones who are not playing have not been doing so for years. I would particularly like to remove the deceased friend's name, as she's been gone for over 5 years now. How do I remove neighbors and friends who are no longer active and/or playing? Thanks.
Hi Aldebaran,
I moved your post to the subject thread about neighbors.
You can find the information you need in the Game Guide chapter 5 about neighbors. Here is a link to that chapter:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=314834
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 28 2020, 06:59 AM
Account Not Linked

Default Neighbor statuses

Can't find it anywhere, but what do the status dot's stand for on neighbors; ie blue, green, brown? Thanks, Bill B.
Old Jan 28 2020, 07:04 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbarksda View Post
Can't find it anywhere, but what do the status dot's stand for on neighbors; ie blue, green, brown? Thanks, Bill B.
Hi Bill,

The coloured dots are explained in Chapter 5 Neighours, post#2 here's the link http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthr...86#post3355286
Old Jan 29 2020, 08:53 AM
Account Not Linked

Default Neighbors

Good Morning,

What is the criteria for adding neighbors? I have only 51 and have a message saying I can't add more unless I delete some. I used to be able to get up to about 75-80. What happened?

Thanks,
Bill B.
Old Jan 29 2020, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Good Morning,

What is the criteria for adding neighbors? I have only 51 and have a message saying I can't add more unless I delete some. I used to be able to get up to about 75-80. What happened?

Thanks,
Bill B.
Hi Bill

Where are you seeing that amount?

The easiest way to know how many neighbors you have, is to open your trophies list.

This is the Trophy icon, click on it to see your Trophies. If you do not see it in the game bar at the bottom of the game screen you will find it in your tool box.

This is an example of 35 neighbours:
If you are receiving that message when you click in My Neighbors tab above the game screen, then take a look to the little box next to "Show Active Players Only".

If you have a check mark for that option, please remove it to be able to see the total amount of neighbors and then check for any inactive neighbors to remove them and add new friends.

To answer you about the criteria for adding neighbors:

The neighbors limit is based on how many digits the database can hold, it varies because not everyones ID is the same length. ID's are normally 8 to 15 characters in length, so it can vary from 80 to around 110, depending on the ID's of your neighbors. At the present time, it is a limitation of the game, and can't be increased.

LINKING YOUR FARM TO THE FORUM

SUPPORT TEAM

Granjera desde el 29 de Julio 2009
Old Jan 29 2020, 03:49 PM
Account Not Linked

Default Neighbors

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymarcel View Post
Hi Bill

Where are you seeing that amount?

The easiest way to know how many neighbors you have, is to open your trophies list.

This is the Trophy icon, click on it to see your Trophies. If you do not see it in the game bar at the bottom of the game screen you will find it in your tool box.

This is an example of 35 neighbours:
If you are receiving that message when you click in My Neighbors tab above the game screen, then take a look to the little box next to "Show Active Players Only".

If you have a check mark for that option, please remove it to be able to see the total amount of neighbors and then check for any inactive neighbors to remove them and add new friends.

To answer you about the criteria for adding neighbors:

The neighbors limit is based on how many digits the database can hold, it varies because not everyones ID is the same length. ID's are normally 8 to 15 characters in length, so it can vary from 80 to around 110, depending on the ID's of your neighbors. At the present time, it is a limitation of the game, and can't be increased.
Ok, it says 115. I was counting them on the neighbors page, but also noticed that when I boosted a train there were less than the 75+ that I used to have, when I chose neighbors. Let me pay attention next time and see the results. I am probably completely mistaken and apologize if I am. I will let you know the next time it comes around.

Thanks,
Bill
Old Jan 29 2020, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Ok, it says 115. I was counting them on the neighbors page, but also noticed that when I boosted a train there were less than the 75+ that I used to have, when I chose neighbors. Let me pay attention next time and see the results. I am probably completely mistaken and apologize if I am. I will let you know the next time it comes around.

Thanks,
Bill
If you have 115 neighbors then you are at your limit, that is why you are getting the red the message asking you to delete some neighbors to be able to add new ones.

Click in your My Neighbors tab above the game screen and:

Sort Players By: "Activity" and remove the check mark for "Show Active Players Only"

That way you will be able to see all your neighbors and when it was the last time they were playing the game. You could delete the ones who have not played for a long time if you want to add new neighbors.

LINKING YOUR FARM TO THE FORUM

SUPPORT TEAM

Granjera desde el 29 de Julio 2009
Old Jan 30 2020, 10:04 AM

Default cannot add friends

I cannot add anyone. when I click the "add friend" icon, nothing happens. (I have 134 friends)
my setting is set to "everyone". there were posts in a farm town group of people asking for "adds" some people seemed to have no problems and others had the same problem as I did.

Last edited by frostbiteagain; Jan 30 2020 at 10:22 AM. Reason: more specific
Old Jan 30 2020, 11:12 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostbiteagain View Post
I cannot add anyone. when I click the "add friend" icon, nothing happens. (I have 134 friends)
my setting is set to "everyone". there were posts in a farm town group of people asking for "adds" some people seemed to have no problems and others had the same problem as I did.
Hi Frostbiteagain,
Are you trying to add them as friends in Facebook or as neighbors in Farm Town? If you are talking about in Facebook then you need to ask them about that as we do not have any control or way to help with that.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 31 2020, 10:11 PM

Default Superneighbor...

I am a SN for my friend's farm. When I went to their farm it let me H/P, fish and clear trees on two farms. When I moved to the next farm all I am getting is a blank green field...this is happening on all his fields now and when they have shown up then it won't let me access the tools to do the work. I have him on messenger with me and he has made no changes and said FT has been messing up with him today also. If I go back to my farm, everything shows up normal. I have tried clearing everything in my cache and reloading to no avail. Any suggestions or other similar reports from others?

Tags
add neighbor, beige dot, blue dot, colored dots, dots, green dot, invite, neighbor, neighbors, red dot, remove neighbour, super neighbor, super neighbor tools