Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #691  
Old Jan 20 2020, 03:57 AM
zee5758 zee5758 is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 09 2009
Location: Santa Clarita, CA
Posts: 18
Default

It's been 24 hours and I have not received an automated response. I usually do. I always check my email at least 2x daily and that includes processing anything in the Spam folder. I do not understand why this issue has not been addressed in all the time I have reported it. (I usually only report sometime between 3 and 6 months)
Reply With Quote
  #692  
Old Jan 20 2020, 06:00 AM
Tiger's Avatar
Tiger Tiger is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 12 2010
Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!
Posts: 9,786
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zee5758 View Post
It's been 24 hours and I have not received an automated response. I usually do. I always check my email at least 2x daily and that includes processing anything in the Spam folder. I do not understand why this issue has not been addressed in all the time I have reported it. (I usually only report sometime between 3 and 6 months)
Hi zee5758,

They definitely replied to you, if you can't find it or never got either the automated response or their reply, please try adding support@slashkey.com as one of your contacts in your email. I can not give you instructions on how to do that as there are hundreds of different email hosts. Where you need to add it may be called your address book, contacts or people or something similar. If you don't know how to do it there should be a help section somewhere in your email that you can query how to do it.

Once you have done that, hopefully your email will recognise the address and allow responses form them through, so try sending another ticket in and see if that helped at all.
Reply With Quote
  #693  
Old Jan 21 2020, 02:20 AM
zee5758 zee5758 is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 09 2009
Location: Santa Clarita, CA
Posts: 18
Default No Response from Support

I sent in a support request regarding the wasting of crops. That was on Saturday night/early Sunday morning, I don't know exactly what time it was sent. As of Monday night at 11:07pm I have not even received the automated response from support. Up until the last 3 reports to support, I ALWAYS got the automated response within hours, and a personal response within the following day. I always appreciated that and in fact would thank Rob for his quick response. I would only write support every few months, because this problem happens maybe every 2 weeks, and I do not believe that frequent reports would really do anything but cause irritation at support. That is not something I am interested in doing.

That all changed about 9 months ago when I expressed my extreme frustration with the ongoing problem that did/does not seem to be being addressed. For the record, I do not swear ever and there was no such disrespect in my emails.

The responses from support - all kinds - always show up in my main mail inbox. I also always, at least 2x a day check my spam folder for emails that should not be t here, and move them to my inbox. There have not been any emails from support in months. It is almost as if my email has been blocked.

All I really want is for this problem of repeated wasting of my crops stopped, when I have used the purple sprinkler. I have used this same sprinkler every night except when out of the country and maybe 30 or so times when I forgot since I purchased it!

Thank you for any help with this.
Judy
Reply With Quote
  #694  
Old Jan 21 2020, 02:41 AM
zee5758 zee5758 is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 09 2009
Location: Santa Clarita, CA
Posts: 18
Default

Just want to add what I stated in my email to support. That night (Friday) I planted only farms that were going to waste before I could get back on FT. I watered with the purple sprinkler, checked several farms and they all showed that I had watered. I then checked the grid window labeled "Show Farms" and checked for the watering/irrigation indicators in that window, and I took a screenshot of that window because I've had so many problems. I was up very late that night and again, because I've had so many problems, I went back to FT before I went to bed to make sure the watering was holding. That was around 2:00 am on Saturday morning. Everything was still fine. Then on Saturday evening when I got in the game to play, all the farms I had planted the day before were spoiled! The watering indicator on the flowers showed only one filled water drop even though the night before it had been full. (This is another thing that happens every time this issue takes place.)

I have followed every suggestion made to me here in the forums even though some of them appeared to indicate that I don't know what I am doing. I have used the purple sprinkler on average 330 nights (an estimation) a year every year since I purchased the purple sprinkler when it was first released. For the record, I have played FT for 10 years, and NEVER had a problem with any of the sprinklers until about 2 years ago.

Judy
Reply With Quote
  #695  
Old Jan 21 2020, 05:40 AM
Tiger's Avatar
Tiger Tiger is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 12 2010
Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!
Posts: 9,786
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zee5758 View Post
I sent in a support request regarding the wasting of crops. That was on Saturday night/early Sunday morning, I don't know exactly what time it was sent. As of Monday night at 11:07pm I have not even received the automated response from support. Up until the last 3 reports to support, I ALWAYS got the automated response within hours, and a personal response within the following day. I always appreciated that and in fact would thank Rob for his quick response. I would only write support every few months, because this problem happens maybe every 2 weeks, and I do not believe that frequent reports would really do anything but cause irritation at support. That is not something I am interested in doing.

That all changed about 9 months ago when I expressed my extreme frustration with the ongoing problem that did/does not seem to be being addressed. For the record, I do not swear ever and there was no such disrespect in my emails.

The responses from support - all kinds - always show up in my main mail inbox. I also always, at least 2x a day check my spam folder for emails that should not be t here, and move them to my inbox. There have not been any emails from support in months. It is almost as if my email has been blocked.

All I really want is for this problem of repeated wasting of my crops stopped, when I have used the purple sprinkler. I have used this same sprinkler every night except when out of the country and maybe 30 or so times when I forgot since I purchased it!

Thank you for any help with this.
Judy
Quote:
Originally Posted by zee5758 View Post
Just want to add what I stated in my email to support. That night (Friday) I planted only farms that were going to waste before I could get back on FT. I watered with the purple sprinkler, checked several farms and they all showed that I had watered. I then checked the grid window labeled "Show Farms" and checked for the watering/irrigation indicators in that window, and I took a screenshot of that window because I've had so many problems. I was up very late that night and again, because I've had so many problems, I went back to FT before I went to bed to make sure the watering was holding. That was around 2:00 am on Saturday morning. Everything was still fine. Then on Saturday evening when I got in the game to play, all the farms I had planted the day before were spoiled! The watering indicator on the flowers showed only one filled water drop even though the night before it had been full. (This is another thing that happens every time this issue takes place.)

I have followed every suggestion made to me here in the forums even though some of them appeared to indicate that I don't know what I am doing. I have used the purple sprinkler on average 330 nights (an estimation) a year every year since I purchased the purple sprinkler when it was first released. For the record, I have played FT for 10 years, and NEVER had a problem with any of the sprinklers until about 2 years ago.

Judy
Hi Judy,

I have moved your posts into the thread where your other posts are about your sprinkler issue as you need to try the things we have suggested to you and reply in this thread.

I am sorry you are having difficulty with support emails. We understand that this is frustrating for you but as you are only answering some of what we asked you to try it's difficult to know what to suggest next. Support are aware of the problem and have asked that you try what I have suggested to you as that is pretty much what they sent in their reply to your ticket.

What I asked you to try for your sprinkler/crops issue is in this post, after I asked you to check your spam/junk folder. : http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthr...34#post6337934

Please read and try those, in the order listed, so we can determine at what point it is going wrong for you and if what I have asked you to do with the sprinklers resolves your issues for when you next use them. Even if you decide you would like to work with support on this they will need to know what happens when you try those. I notice in your latest post you say you watered your crops. I am assuming you meant you irrigated them rather than watered them as only watering has no effect on extending waste times.

If what I have asked you to try in that post does not resolve your issue, please try what I asked you to do about your support issue in this post. I am asking you to look at it again in case you have not seen the post or tried that yet. Support are aware you are going to try sending another ticket in once you have done that, they understand why, and I can assure you they will not be irritated by it. In your new ticket please give them the answers to the questions I asked of you and the results of what happened when you tried what I asked you to do with the sprinklers : http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthr...90#post6338090

If after trying that with support, you still do not get an automated response to your new ticket, we need to know that. I am going to send you a PM on what to do next if that happens so please check your messages in the forum. If you do not have email alerts for when you receive messages on the forum, you can access those through the Private Message link top right of the forum under your forum username when you are logged on to the forum to read it.
Reply With Quote
  #696  
Old Jan 22 2020, 02:45 AM
zee5758 zee5758 is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 09 2009
Location: Santa Clarita, CA
Posts: 18
Default

My actual problem seems to be that every time someone at Slashkey makes a change on the server, my crops waste away. I can't prove that except that the day after this happens or the following day, we get a window showing a new tool, facility or a full blown game update. It appears as though it is the purple sprinkler, but I really don't think the actual cause is the sprinkler at all!
Reply With Quote
  #697  
Old Jan 22 2020, 05:06 AM
Tiger's Avatar
Tiger Tiger is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 12 2010
Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!
Posts: 9,786
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zee5758 View Post
My actual problem seems to be that every time someone at Slashkey makes a change on the server, my crops waste away. I can't prove that except that the day after this happens or the following day, we get a window showing a new tool, facility or a full blown game update. It appears as though it is the purple sprinkler, but I really don't think the actual cause is the sprinkler at all!
Hi zee5758,

I took a look at some of your farms this morning and it looks like the irrigation is working fine on those. If your issue is now resolved with the crops wasting before they should, that's great.

I can't say I have ever heard of anyone getting this due to any new release, perhaps it was an unhappy coincidence. It's possible I am wrong about that, I certainly don't recall every issue with crops over the last 10 years or so, or since the sprinklers were released.

If you get this again and run through the steps I originally gave you, in that order, if the problem is before you use the sprinkler you should be able to determine at what point it is going wrong. If it happens before you use the sprinkler then you will know the sprinkler is not at fault.
Reply With Quote
  #698  
Old Jan 23 2020, 12:25 AM
zee5758 zee5758 is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 09 2009
Location: Santa Clarita, CA
Posts: 18
Default

I have answered this email and as indicated in that answer, I did EVERYTHING you asked except for checking the crops before I watered them (on Friday night). I did however check the help window provided in the game to see if there were any green aka crops that needed to be harvested, and there were none. The reason I did not go check individual farms is that I HAD JUST PLANTED THEM THAT NIGHT (FRIDAY)! I planted 4 hour to one day crops because I was low on those items as indicated in the storage setting in the crop menu. Please understand I have done everything you have asked, including clearing all cache spots even though I do that weekly, I took my sprinklers - ALL of them out of storage, saved my game, got out of my game, got back in my game worked on a ship and saved my game again. The next day I put the sprinklers back in my storage. Is that not what you asked me to do? How is it difficult to advise me when I have done everything you have asked? I even left the wasted crops until last night, Tuesday, when I planted them all. Guess what!! I watered with the purple sprinkler and it worked - halving the growing times and extending the harvest times. Let's assume that I'm a total idiot, but have been playing this game for 10 years... don't you think, even with no intelligence at all, that I would know how to play the game by now? SERIOUSLY??
Reply With Quote
  #699  
Old Jan 23 2020, 07:13 AM
Tiger's Avatar
Tiger Tiger is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 12 2010
Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!
Posts: 9,786
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zee5758 View Post
I have answered this email and as indicated in that answer, I did EVERYTHING you asked except for checking the crops before I watered them (on Friday night). I did however check the help window provided in the game to see if there were any green aka crops that needed to be harvested, and there were none. The reason I did not go check individual farms is that I HAD JUST PLANTED THEM THAT NIGHT (FRIDAY)! I planted 4 hour to one day crops because I was low on those items as indicated in the storage setting in the crop menu. Please understand I have done everything you have asked, including clearing all cache spots even though I do that weekly, I took my sprinklers - ALL of them out of storage, saved my game, got out of my game, got back in my game worked on a ship and saved my game again. The next day I put the sprinklers back in my storage. Is that not what you asked me to do? How is it difficult to advise me when I have done everything you have asked? I even left the wasted crops until last night, Tuesday, when I planted them all. Guess what!! I watered with the purple sprinkler and it worked - halving the growing times and extending the harvest times. Let's assume that I'm a total idiot, but have been playing this game for 10 years... don't you think, even with no intelligence at all, that I would know how to play the game by now? SERIOUSLY??
Hi zee5758,

No-one has made any such assumptions about your knowledge about the game or your use of the sprinklers.

You were only asked questions and given instructions in a specific order and then asked to check each one of them, to be able to determine at which step there is a problem and if a problem is happening prior to using the sprinkler, rather than after you use the sprinkler. We ask you to do this to try to pinpoint exactly when it is going wrong for you.

I will explain why I asked you to do the one you state you did not do:

"....please plant one farm, immediately reload and check that the farm is still showing that the crop you planted is still growing. If it is not, there is a problem and you need to let us know straight away...."

If you plant a farm and immediately reload, it forces a fresh load of your farm data. If there are any problems with the fields they tend to show up after reloading. If you don't reload, and there is a problem, nothing you check in your game will indicate that there is a problem. When you reload and then check the crop, if you see a problem with either the time showing on the crop, that it is wasted or already showing ready to harvest, that would indicate there was a problem prior to you using the sprinkler. So I asked you to do that to try to eliminate that as a possible cause.

If it went wrong at that point we would need to try and figure out why. This does not mean you did anything wrong.

By asking you questions and asking you to do and check things in a particular order, when you supply those answers that allows us to eliminate possible causes at each step.

I hope that clarifies why I asked you some of those questions and gave you specific instructions. They are not because I think you are doing anything wrong or that you do not know how to play. They are just to check and eliminate possible causes in a specific order. I would have to do exactly the same things I have asked of you, if that problem was happening to me.

You have stated that you are no longer having a problem with irrigating the crops. By taking the sprinklers out of storage, saving, then putting them back, that may have corrected any problem with the sprinklers. As you are no longer having a problem with irrigating, there is no need for you to do anything else.

Thank you for letting us know irrigating is now working correctly again for you.
Reply With Quote
  #700  
Old Jan 24 2020, 12:40 AM
zee5758 zee5758 is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 09 2009
Location: Santa Clarita, CA
Posts: 18
Default

Tiger, last night I wrote to Rob at the gmail address you gave me. I explained what has happened, and what I did. Then today, I went into my settings in my email to see if somehow slashkey had ended up on the blocked emails. It was not there. I can not explain why I'm not getting the responses you said have been said. I did ask Rob to please make sure that the email address (email removed) was in fact what is on the computer there. I don't know how it could have been changed, I certainly have not done that. I'm at a loss here. Another mystery. As far as the irrigation (I was calling it watering by the purple sprinkler) by the purple sprinkler. After wasting would occur for a day or two, everything would work for a couple weeks or so. I did not write down the dates etc, so those are just my estimations. I will wait a couple of weeks to see if in fact the problem has been fixed. I remain on watch and will continue to take occasional screen shots of the window showing which farms have been watered and irrigated.

Last edited by Taz D; Jan 24 2020 at 12:49 AM. Reason: Email removed for safety.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
flower harvester, freezing flowers, mobile sprinkler, sprinkler, unfreezing flowers, watering

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:13 AM.