Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Jan 18 2020, 07:36 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenserenity View Post
Not sure if this was ever asked, but I'm wondering if there is a way a feature could be added to remove a non-friend from the ships at my dock. They sit there for 3 or 4 days until they disappear on their own as I refuse to help them. I know it's petty, but if someone deletes me because I'm not playing fast enough or doing enough for them, then I refuse to continue to push their ships through for them. If a person isn't good enough to be a facebook friend/Farmtown Neighbor, then we probably aren't good enough to push their ships out dutifully.
Just a thought
Hi Goldenserenity,
I moved your post from the Suggestions section to the Help & Support section subject thread about cargo ships as you are asking for help with a problem rather than making a suggestion.

If you click on the label under their picture it will take you to their farm. On the lower left find the toolbox symbol and click on that. Then click on the top item to remove yourself as their neighbor. That will prevent them from sending any additional ships to your port.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 19 2020, 10:13 AM

Hi, I was just wondering why I have a ship in my port that says Non-Friend? how does that happen? can I add them somehow to be a neighbour?
Old Jan 19 2020, 11:15 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheric9 View Post
Hi, I was just wondering why I have a ship in my port that says Non-Friend? how does that happen? can I add them somehow to be a neighbour?
Hi Sheric,
I moved your post to the Help & Support section subject thread about the Cargo Ships as this is where you should ask questions, not in the feedback.
The only way you would get a non-friend's ship in your port would be if you were their neighbor and friend at some point in the past and are still listed as a neighbor for them.
If you want to add them as a neighbor you will need to contact them to first become friends in Facebook and then send them a neighbor request.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 19 2020, 03:03 PM

I bought a blue crane to match my blue cargo ship. Blue ships coming into my port are not loading in one click
Old Jan 19 2020, 03:06 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlesallysanctus View Post
I bought a blue crane to match my blue cargo ship. Blue ships coming into my port are not loading in one click
Hi littlesallysanctus,
Make sure you have the crane in your storage.

Please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and try again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

If that doesn't work then remove the crane from your storage to a farm, click save, then close and reopen your farms and place it back in storage.
Old Jan 19 2020, 10:21 PM

Default Ship's Neighbors

It has been a couple of years now since you picked our ship's neighbors for us. I have a suggestion that you can indeed change out our neighbors for us. The neighbors I have don't play the ships or some even don't play Farm Town anymore and where my neighbors for the ships we use to get 1st, 2nd or 3rd place, we now place anywhere from 7th to 9th place and I don't feel it is fair now to even play because I no longer have a full team playing. There should be some kind of rotation of neighbors to give everyone a chance at winning. I'm usually not a complainer but this has been going on for about a year now and has made me lose interest in playing Farm Town. I have been a Farm Town player in the neighborhood of 10 years now. I have never stayed away until this past month and am thinking of quitting altogether if something doesn't happen soon to make playing interesting once again. Thank you, Bonnie Manear
Old Jan 19 2020, 11:01 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LADYLAKE View Post
It has been a couple of years now since you picked our ship's neighbors for us. I have a suggestion that you can indeed change out our neighbors for us. The neighbors I have don't play the ships or some even don't play Farm Town anymore and where my neighbors for the ships we use to get 1st, 2nd or 3rd place, we now place anywhere from 7th to 9th place and I don't feel it is fair now to even play because I no longer have a full team playing. There should be some kind of rotation of neighbors to give everyone a chance at winning. I'm usually not a complainer but this has been going on for about a year now and has made me lose interest in playing Farm Town. I have been a Farm Town player in the neighborhood of 10 years now. I have never stayed away until this past month and am thinking of quitting altogether if something doesn't happen soon to make playing interesting once again. Thank you, Bonnie Manear
Hi Bonnie,
I have moved your post to the subject thread about cargo ships as that is what you titled your post about.

I think you are mixing up two things. The cargo ships and the neighborhood chains contest.

For the ships there is no contest. You prepare the containers of the ship and then dispatch it to have your neighbors load it through 30 ports. You can replace those neighbors 10 per ship and then can reuse that itinerary in the next ship and replace 10 more if you need to. You can also change the order of the ports if that helps. You can find all the information on how to work the ships in the Game Guide chapter 32 about the Ships:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=626622

For the Neighborhood Chains Contest, your neighbors decide whether they are going to play. If they do play then they will be on your team. Who you compete against (not your Neighbors) depends on how many facilities your team has started before the competitors are selected. You can find all the information about the contest in the Game Guide chapter 31 about the contest:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=621846

For neighbors that no longer play you can always replace those with new neighbors. We have a thread in the Social section where players ask for new neighbors. You can look through those and can even post there asking for new neighbors. If you wish to post for that please read the first post of that thread to see what you need to include and do for getting new neighbors. Here is a link to that thread:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=391198
Old Jan 20 2020, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Goldenserenity,
I moved your post from the Suggestions section to the Help & Support section subject thread about cargo ships as you are asking for help with a problem rather than making a suggestion.

If you click on the label under their picture it will take you to their farm. On the lower left find the toolbox symbol and click on that. Then click on the top item to remove yourself as their neighbor. That will prevent them from sending any additional ships to your port.
That doesn't help. She still shows up for me to move her ship along, and she has been there 5 days. My suggestion is to have a feature to kick the non-friend out of my port. I know if I can get rid of her by clicking her boat, but I won't help somebody who removed me as a facebook friend. So, that was my suggestion, to have a feature to remove non friends from my dock
Old Jan 20 2020, 05:52 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenserenity View Post
That doesn't help. She still shows up for me to move her ship along, and she has been there 5 days. My suggestion is to have a feature to kick the non-friend out of my port. I know if I can get rid of her by clicking her boat, but I won't help somebody who removed me as a facebook friend. So, that was my suggestion, to have a feature to remove non friends from my dock
Hi Goldenserenity,

Taz is not available at the moment.

Just so you know, it is possible that Facebook dropped the connection between you. It can happen when neither of you have removed the friends connection. On a couple of rare occasions it's dropped someone I know in real life so we've had to renew the friendship. This may not have been what happened, but is a possibility.

For your issue:
Any ships already on the way to you can not be stopped and if you still have one in your port, it does not remove it or any more on the way to you. It is up to them to check their ships and move it on if its stuck. When they do eventually check on their ships, if they see it's stuck as you're not sending it then they should skip you and swap you out for someone else if they don't want it to happen again. If they check their logbook they will see they have a deleted port so again that should encourage them to change you for someone else.

Once they do that they can no longer use you for a port for future ships as long as you have removed yourself as their neighbour. If they do not skip you then it will return home when the 7 days are up.

If they are not checking on their ships and still sending one out every day then eventually they will run out of ships to send as you're not moving them on. That will make them look to find out why.

If you would like to repost your suggestion for a way to remove yourself from someones logbook when the ship is already on it's way or at your port, please feel free to go ahead and do that.
Old Jan 21 2020, 05:49 PM

Default Ship Containers

I prepped all containers within 2 hours on my Green ship, but when I clicked to send ship on it just disappeared. Now shows I have to wait over 18 hours to prep, but no ship actually sent out. What happened?

Tags
cargo ships, container, cranes, dispatch ship, logbook, pink port, port deleted, red skip port, replace port, reuse itinerary, ship rewards, ship's logbook, ships, skip port