Go Back   Farm Town > Social Forums > Best Farm Contests

Old Aug 02 2016, 08:03 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!
Default Suggestions for the Monthly Best Farm Contest!

Welcome to Suggestions for the Monthly Best Farm Contest!

EN ESPAÑOL AQUI EN Français ICI

Members have requested an area where they can put forward some of their ideas or themes for the monthly contest that they would like to see or participate in, so we have created this area so you can do just that!

Although we are not changing the format of the monthly contest, we would love to have your input on ideas or themes for future contests.

This area is open to any member of the forum, whether you enter the contest or not, all ideas are welcomed!

As an added incentive and a thank you for contributing we are also going to reward a member for suggesting an original idea or theme should we decide to use it for the contest. This reward will go to the FIRST member to post an original idea or theme, that we have not yet used in the forum since 8th August 2015. If we decide your idea/theme is to be used for the monthly contest, and you are the FIRST member to suggest it, in THIS thread, going by post date and time, you will win a prize of 15 Farm Cash! This prize will be given out the day that the new contest, with your idea or theme, is posted and open for entries.

Please NOTE that NO replies or commenting on ideas already posted are permitted in this area to make everyone comfortable with posting.

At NO point are we ever going to run a daily lotto or daily contest so please do not suggest one. This thread is ONLY for suggestions for the contest run once per month.

Please make sure your idea complies with the following guidelines:
  • Your ideas need to be suitable for BOTH Novice designers and Advanced designers to be able to achieve. We will NOT run separate contests for Novice and Advanced.
  • If you are going to suggest the use of a particular decoration to be used, this MUST be available for level 300 players to purchase in the store. Don’t worry if you are not sure on the level for an Item, we will be able to check for you.
  • Remember some decorations are only available at certain times of the year, so keep this in mind if you want these to be used as not everyone will have bought them earlier in the year.
  • There is a limit on how much Farm Cash we can give out each month for prizes and this will NOT be increased. Currently we are giving out the following prizes >>
    NOVICE

1st Prize - 120 Farm Cash
    2nd Prize - 75 Farm Cash
    3rd Prize - 50 Farm Cash

ADVANCED

1st Prize - 120 Farm Cash
    2nd Prize - 75 Farm Cash
    3rd Prize - 50 Farm Cash
  • Please do have a look at the previous contests already run so you do not suggest something that has already been done. There are some months when we keep to traditional themes for example Christmas, Mother’s Day, Easter and so on. This does not mean you cannot suggest an alternative
Any suggestions that do not fit with the above guidelines will be deleted without notice.

Themes already done:
Ships
Barnyards
Bridges
Olympic Games/Favourite Sports
Birds and or Butterflies
Waters/Water craft
Mother’s Day
Aircraft
Easter
Be My Valentine
Mazes
Chistmas
Fall/Autumn
Halloween
Trains
Lighthouse
Festivals and School, college or University
Framed Picture representing Fall or Spring
Happy Holidays
Camping
Love is in the Air
St. Patrick
Springtime
Mom
A Day at the Races

Last edited by Tiger; Jul 09 2018 at 07:53 AM.
Old Aug 03 2016, 12:12 PM

Fun In the Sun

It would be fun to look for the most creative farm using at least 1 item from each section in the store excluding "Winter"

Love to see these when the chance arises...just using imagination...

and flags would not apply.

Last edited by Taz D; Aug 03 2016 at 06:52 PM.
Old Aug 03 2016, 05:47 PM

I just was thinking that a Valley has not been included in the contest.

Last edited by Taz D; Aug 03 2016 at 06:57 PM.
Old Aug 03 2016, 08:59 PM

I think it would be interesting to design a farm with a scene from a Walt Disney Cartoon for example Snow white, there are many different movies that can be chosen
Old Aug 04 2016, 01:33 AM

Australiana. This would be for January. In January we celebrate Australia day. Federation 1901. What makes you think about Australia? I have friends all over the world that would love to visit this beautifuil country. Why not create on a farm. This could also extend to other countries national days eg Canada day 4th of july ect
Old Aug 04 2016, 01:38 AM
Account Not Linked

Not sure if its been done but around me all the small towns hold festivals with rides and eats and entertainment such as ..Black Dirt Days, Thunder Days, Octemberfest, Tulip Festival, Rose Festival etc you get the idea .....so was thinking maybe a Farm Town Days ?

Moderator Note : Theme winner

Last edited by Tiger; Aug 29 2017 at 05:53 AM.
Old Aug 04 2016, 08:41 AM

"My Home-My Space" is my suggestion so no matter where you live or what country you are from, you can create a farm that represents your special place. It could mean a 'country' like the USA, Canada, Australia, Mexico, etc. or it could simply mean your personal garden or backyard or a noted landmark from your area. I think we are all proud of our little corner of the world, whether it be your backyard gold fish pond or the Empire State Building. Thanks in advance for your consideration. Breezie
Old Aug 04 2016, 09:51 AM

Default "The Farm Down The Road"

"The Farm Down The Road" .... where your asked to feature a road to a farm scene ... this could fit BOTH Novice designers and Advanced designers plus be fun for the Picture farms where members could design barns and houses etc.
Old Aug 04 2016, 10:11 AM

I think a theme could be - living together in Peace!
Old Aug 04 2016, 11:15 AM

Default Flower Garden

Would love to see all of the different ideas using flowers...maybe design floats like the Macy's Day Parade!!!